Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
homelover

Any Comment Plush Living

My first house, my first renovation. Hubby and myself were pretty confused as we were presented with different ideas and concepts from different ID firms. I happened to chance upon this forum and read up the reviews of Plush Living. Decided to sms Darren for a first appt to see if he will be able to present a better idea and concept to us. If not, we already have a ID in mind that we wanted to engage.

Met up with Darren & Yan Ni in early July for the first appt. We were a bit surprised to see another lady with him but he explained that Yan Ni is new and he is mentoring her. Told him our desired layout. He listened attentively and if there is something that he don't think it's right, he will give his honest opinions and advices which we appreciated a lot. Cause there are a lot of minor details that we will pass it off as nothing cause we didn't realise it might become a problem to us in near future. We were impressed with him as he is the only ID that bother to tell us so much about renovation details.

Second appt @ his office , he presented to us his quotation and went through every details listed. At least I understand what I am paying for and if there is any material that we don't quite understand, the sample is ready for us to view. My hubby like him best as he is able to give us the price on the spot should we have any additional/amendments to the carpentary works and etc (Maybe he is the boss, that's why). It saves everyone a lot of time as we don't have to wait for him to revert to us and us replying back. We compared all the quotes and PL's quote is quite competitive with the others. I would suggest that you do your homework as well to see if you got a good deal or not.

Signed our agreement on 20th July. It was a challenge for him to start work before the lunar 7th month for us as one of our work is to hack wall and this will take 2 weeks for him to get the permit. However, he assured us that he will be able to do the works for us and true enough, he honour his words and we were very glad.

Our renovation are currently in progress and will be completed in end Sept. So far, things went on pretty smoothly though there were some hiccups along the way. Most importantly is that he responded promptly and resolve the issue.

I guess that is what most of us wanted in an ID. Not someone who just collect the money and go MIA / give attitude. I can say Darren is quite customer-orientated and I'm fortunate to have him as my ID.

Of course, at times, he is too busy and you might not be able to reach him on the spot. No worries, he will return your call or sms when he is available.

Thumbs up for Darren as of now. Will update again once the whole renovation is completed. That's when I will comment on the workmanship / quality and the overall experience.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, just to share I have engaged Plush Living for our new 4rm flat at Punggol Regalia after comparing with around 5 IDs/ Contractors.

Plush Living has given me the most competitive quote.(with hacking involves)

Darren/ Jaylen is handling our project.

1st meet up - went thru the usual discussions, the 'wants' and 'don't wants' ... it took less than 1 week that we received quote from them

2nd meet up - went thru quotation and Jaylen was well prepared. He tried showing us his port folios, from there, he tried to understand what we like and dislike (in terms of designs)

3rd meet up - Darren was back from China so he was able to join the meeting. A very straight forward guy. Many things he will bring up upfront so no hidden cost no unnecessary misunderstandings which we appreciate that. Like what some of them on this thread mentioned, Darren does give many practical advises. There are things he will advise us no need to do (save money)

We managed to squeeze into our budget :)

4th meet up - Signed contract!

I would say both of them have given us good 'feel' during our 4 meet ups

We will be collecting our keys next month, now waiting for their 3D!!!

Will keep updates of the on going!

<!--quoteo(post=610236:date=Feb 11 2011, 10:00 AM:name=star888)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (star888 @ Feb 11 2011, 10:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=610236"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi kenkoh41, here is Darren's contact number.. 91084363<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Anyone use Jaylen?

Hi,

I have met up with Jaylen. On first impression he is pretty professional in terms of this design inputs and well prepared with his portfolios. So did you engage him for the reno ? Any comment ?

I've engaged Darren in early 2009 for my reno. It wasn't a major reno as my flat was a premium flat bought from HDB, so my wall/floor tiles, doors, etc was already done up by HDB. As back then was in the midst of the financial crisis, I was very careful with my budget as there was a lot of retrenchment going on in my job industry. I only spent about $15k, mainly for carpentry. However even with my tight budget, I was really happy with the outcome of the renovation.

Darren was very patient and gave a lot of suggestion on how match my furniture and colours to make the house looks nice, without burning a hole in my pocket. Looking back I was very happy to have engaged him. Though during the renovation period there was some hiccup, but those were minor ones. I guess it's not entirely possible to totally avoid them (even those who have went through a smooth renovation should understand what I mean). I'm very happy with his sincerity in helping his clients, unlike many which I have met / heard who is only concern about making money.

If I need to do another round of renovation, I'll definately look up to him first. Just want to share what I went through before.

I have also completed my reno with plush living... It was excellent i must say...

My house was in charge by Darren who is very responsible in his work... anything wrong, he will retify...

Really no regret engaging his service... Now i have a very nice place to stay...

Highly recommended...

anyone got in touch with ben before? like seldom hear his name being mentioned here.

got a chance to talk to him through a bro here, met up with him and showed him my floor plan.

found his work rate superb, easy to get along and had many ideas as well.

willing to give and take, able to negotiate stuffs.

in the midst of discussing my reno with him and most likely will sign lol.

met many IDS and quite click with him.

hope to have a good journey with him!

will start a t-blog once my reno starts.

finally, had come to the end of id selection, headache process. zzzzzz

Hi,

I have met up with Jaylen. On first impression he is pretty professional in terms of this design inputs and well prepared with his portfolios. So did you engage him for the reno ? Any comment ?

I met him when I enquire over the website. I even went up to their office and had a discussion with him about my requirement. He promise to get back to me with a quote. And in the end, he never get back to me with his final quote, it had been 2 mths already. Perhaps my 30K budget is consider too little for him. very disappointing as I read good review abt this company, and I find it very irresponsible that he never bother to inform me. Waste my 1-1.5hrs to meet him, considering that I even take leave to meet up.

anyone got in touch with ben before? like seldom hear his name being mentioned here.

got a chance to talk to him through a bro here, met up with him and showed him my floor plan.

found his work rate superb, easy to get along and had many ideas as well.

willing to give and take, able to negotiate stuffs.

in the midst of discussing my reno with him and most likely will sign lol.

met many IDS and quite click with him.

hope to have a good journey with him!

will start a t-blog once my reno starts.

finally, had come to the end of id selection, headache process. zzzzzz

Hi hwaa,

Gotten a quote from Ben too...he is really easy to get along,and i can say the price he offer is very competitive compare to other IDs that i went. willing to give and take and he will advise certain ideas whether is it worth to do.

hi hbo31, good to see that someone else here is in talks with him. bet u must be cracking yr head on which id to select. hehe.

yah i agree with u on the point that his quote is quite competitive but diff ids propose diff stuffs and quote differently, so all the pros and cons of them is still there.

reno is a long process, so best is to choose an id we're all comfortable with..

I met him when I enquire over the website. I even went up to their office and had a discussion with him about my requirement. He promise to get back to me with a quote. And in the end, he never get back to me with his final quote, it had been 2 mths already. Perhaps my 30K budget is consider too little for him. very disappointing as I read good review abt this company, and I find it very irresponsible that he never bother to inform me. Waste my 1-1.5hrs to meet him, considering that I even take leave to meet up.

Hi there, I was served by Jalyen, my final signed quote is 20K, even much lower than 30K, but he followed up very closely with us. But we did asked to meet Darren (the boss) for nego of the final amount.

Yes, you must have 'feel' with ur ID :sport-smiley-018:

Hi all,

After all the raving reviews, I also engaged Plush Living for renovation. My ID is Tang.

We signed the agreement in late September. Anyone engaged his service too?

I have taken a lot of Before & After photos of my home since then. Will post them very soon.

Have a lot of feedbacks I want to share with fellow RenoTalk members.

It was not as smooth sailing as I thought it would be.

My renovation was due to complete last week as promised.

However, we faced many issues unresolved up till this week.

Will update soon.

I have engage PL last sept for my 30yr old resale hdb.. everything was fine, until recent months. lots of defects showing out. went back to my ID and informed he had left PL, however since I'm still under warranty, I had approached PL directly and my case was attached to Richard, however no actions done even after several arrangements. So went straight to Darren, however, again no actions done. Kind of disappointed with their attitude and service.

During initial everything is smooth, ID was fast in response, everything is perfect. PL to me is a highly recommended reno firm but now I don’t think so.

Shall see how long they would get back to me and solve my defects.

I have engage PL last sept for my 30yr old resale hdb.. everything was fine, until recent months. lots of defects showing out. went back to my ID and informed he had left PL, however since I'm still under warranty, I had approached PL directly and my case was attached to Richard, however no actions done even after several arrangements. So went straight to Darren, however, again no actions done. Kind of disappointed with their attitude and service.

During initial everything is smooth, ID was fast in response, everything is perfect. PL to me is a highly recommended reno firm but now I don’t think so.

Shall see how long they would get back to me and solve my defects.

Hi rehtsemis,

What went wrong with your house? Carpentry or glass works?

My Project Manager is also Richard. Heard he has a lot of projects on hand. I guess that is why my house is taking forever to complete.

Do share, so that I know what to look out before handover. Greatly appreciate that.