Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluewater

Our Home @ Holland

Really shag out moving house but finally it is over...hehhehehhe........

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Blue,

Since I didnt create blog of my own then I will tap on yours since we used the same contractor Edmund... :) Do allow me to share below frank opinion too...

Yes. :)

Below is my frank opinion on Edmund & his workers:

Tiling: Tiles are laid very well. No uneven surface & hollow sound encountered. Grouting lines are also uniform. Only complain is one of the tiles got a very light 20-cent sized stain when close view. Since it is not that obvious, we decide not to demand Edmund to change it.

Score: 8/10 I cant comment since I dont do this

Plastering: Did not opt for full plastering. Only affected rockstone ceilings & walls. Overall, decent though not the best for an eagle's eye.

Score: 7/10 I cant comment since I dont do this

Painting: One of the best. Very responsible & accommodating to my small little request to help me plaster some dings & dongs.

Score: 9/10 I give the workers a score of 8/10

Plumber works: Generally know his work well to lay the pipes in the least unsightly manner. Always ask before drilling/mounting - shows his responsibility. Overall quite satisfied with his style.

Score: 8/10 I gave him 7/10 as he didnt do a proper job on the bidet spray n it is leaking with drip of water now but we DIY ourselves today to make it tighter so that water wont drip now.

Box-up/Window/toilet door/Glass installation: Happy enough that no damage & job well done. No rating since it's quite standard. I gave 7/10 as initially they didnt give me the same level (flush as u call) of the kitchen top hung cabinet until we told them they have to, if not will look weird. The tempered glass at kitchen is pretty well done even though we can see some of the silicon abit out....

Electrical: Neat laying & follow according to my instruction for all the power points required. No screw up.

Score: 8/10 Cant grade since it is FOC installation on all lights but the young Thai workers skill really good!

Carpentry: All the wood works are done reasonably well. Not above our expectation, but enough to satisfy us for the price we paid.

Score: 8/10 The carpenters really got good attitude even though it is not their mistake but the overlook of Edmund and we asked them to remove the L-shaped canopy shelf, they did it willingly unlike others who will give black face already since it is quite tedious to pull it out since the screw is already there.

Edmund, as a contractor: Responsible, humble and friendly. No hidden costs. Someone whom a house owner can depend on without much worries. Provides 3D drawings & gives good advise before executing the works. 100% contactable; Will not "run away" from problems. Few minor hiccups along the way (guess quite normal for renovation) and were subsequently solved. Only complain is that he may not be as highly resourceful as we hope for. :)

Personally I feel that though Edmund is a responsible contractor but at times when face problems he will try to push it off or anyhow give solution which is out of the whole house theme. What I dont like abt him is he always said giving customer good materials but resulted to many of his problems. As if we didnt pay him so actually it is his duty to give his customer the best so that we are pleased with his works. Which home owners do not want a good renovation/quality for their home?

In additional, I am displeased that he didnt repaint my small orange ceiling area to a lighter orange tone to match with my bomb shelter feature wall. (This is already agreed earlier on our contract that all orange should match) I believe it can be done- what his workers need to do is mixed orange with white paint which will become lighter tone and he just rejected us on the spot saying CANNOT DO! Edmund also charged us on the re-do of varnishing which is no fault of ours as he promised to do FOC for us and we didnt get him to do it at all. Though his last bill didnt indicate that it is for revarnishing work but extension of TV console or feature wall, we knew that he is trying to cover up the cost on the revarnishing. If it is for the extension of TV console/feature wall then he should have informed us much earlier and not till his last bill that he wants $$ from us. Afterall, we paid him as we dont wish to create more unhappy sight. Anyway, overall he is still alright and like you said it is normal to have hiccups along the way on the process of renovation.

The person that I am going to praise is Jason - the curtain/blind/frosted film provider - I really thank you for the recommendation - he is really good in his PR and after sales services and also on his workmanship. At times now he still call me up to chit chat and ask about my curtains, etc.....

Thank you bro! Hopefully you will have a good moving house end of this month.....cheers!!!!!!! HUAT AH!!!!!!!!! HUAT AH!!!!!!!!! HUAT AH!!!!!!!

Blue blue: something to share with you....my bedrooms day and night curtains are up and we are sooooooooooooooooooo pleased with the end result and the whole place really look sooooooooooooooooooo cosy with the curtains up!

KUDO TO JASON WHO PRODUCES SUCH GOOD RESULT AND WORKMANSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! He also proposes to change gold to grey for our living room as he personally feel that Gold will not match my living room colour theme and grey will match with my current one. We accepted his proposal after seeing the good result that he has produces for our bedrooms curtains. Really soooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!!!!!! :sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen:

I may ask Jason to do up some design frosted film for my swing glass door later......

For those who hasnt get your curtain/blind, I strongly recommend Jason to you. I trust that you will not regret by engaging him!!!!!!!! :thumbs up:

Blue blue: something to share with you....my bedrooms day and night curtains are up and we are sooooooooooooooooooo pleased with the end result and the whole place really look sooooooooooooooooooo cosy with the curtains up!

KUDO TO JASON WHO PRODUCES SUCH GOOD RESULT AND WORKMANSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! He also proposes to change gold to grey for our living room as he personally feel that Gold will not match my living room colour theme and grey will match with my current one. We accepted his proposal after seeing the good result that he has produces for our bedrooms curtains. Really soooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!!!!!! :sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen:

I may ask Jason to do up some design frosted film for my swing glass door later......

For those who hasnt get your curtain/blind, I strongly recommend Jason to you. I trust that you will not regret by engaging him!!!!!!!! :thumbs up:

since you are promoting your curtain maker to the sky, probably you may wish to post some pics for our viewing pleasure.... :D

since you are promoting your curtain maker to the sky, probably you may wish to post some pics for our viewing pleasure.... :D

Jo: Bear in mind that I dont earn a single cent from Jason but just want the forum ppl to have a good quality curtain/blind for their home rather than those curtain makers who just want to make $$$$$ from us but give us lousy stuff. Look at FFTW curtain and u will know what I mean.....

I am having some difficulties to post pics now and will try to rectify n post them in...

Jo: Bear in mind that I dont earn a single cent from Jason but just want the forum ppl to have a good quality curtain/blind for their home rather than those curtain makers who just want to make $$$$$ from us but give us lousy stuff. Look at FFTW curtain and u will know what I mean.....

I am having some difficulties to post pics now and will try to rectify n post them in...

Joseeng: Blue has already posted some of Jason works and you can see that it is pretty well done. I guess I am not the only one who praised Jason but Blue did and also another nick at another forum has also complimented Jason. Well, you can always contact other curtain maker if you dont have confidence in Jason. :P

shall look forward to see your lovely pics then... :D

Yeah KSJL... Jason does give good advise which is better to heed than regret later.....

Some additions to my place: Just collected my study chairs from Lorgan yesterday.... Will take pic once the room is in a more tidy state :D

Yeah KSJL... Jason does give good advise which is better to heed than regret later.....

Some additions to my place: Just collected my study chairs from Lorgan yesterday.... Will take pic once the room is in a more tidy state :D

Wow! All branded stuff ah...Lorgan at Pasir Panjang right? Yes, Jason does give good advise and really appreciate him. :thumbs up:

Blue: Btw, where did you get the stopper for your store-room? I need one for my kitchen door since it is soooooooooo windy and I am afraid my glass swing door will bang onto my granite leh....thanks! How much did you pay for it ah?

Blue: Btw, where did you get the stopper for your store-room? I need one for my kitchen door since it is soooooooooo windy and I am afraid my glass swing door will bang onto my granite leh....thanks! How much did you pay for it ah?

For glass swing door, you just get those 3M stopper, which can be pasted on the floor itself. My door stopper for my storeroom is meant for wooden door kind.

But seriously, for glass swing door, I'm quite surprised if you say that the wind can move the door till the extent of opening by itself. Furthermore, there are hinges securing the glass door. Typhoon @ Pinnacle? :P

For glass swing door, you just get those 3M stopper, which can be pasted on the floor itself. My door stopper for my storeroom is meant for wooden door kind.

But seriously, for glass swing door, I'm quite surprised if you say that the wind can move the door till the extent of opening by itself. Furthermore, there are hinges securing the glass door. Typhoon @ Pinnacle? :P

Not typhoon but just very windy at certain times and Edmund himself also saw it and I understand from HB that they both got a shock and Edmund ran over to catch hold of the handle previously, if not the glass door sure bang onto my granite! Hence, currently I am leaving it open with the normal traditional stopper.

Hey, where can I buy those adhesive tape 3M towel bar as we have been to Home Fix, OG, CK Tang during weekend but still cant find. I need 1 more towel bar for my MBR toilet which I only got Edmund to fix up 1 for me. Do you think he will do me a favour by fixing up for me if I go buy Welmi single towel bar?

hey, Blue!

I saw ur 3-cone fan selling at Tampines Courts for $109 at its Bargain Hall. Pulled hubby to view it and he also agrees it looks good. So it's going to be in my "To-Buy" list!! Yipee! :sport-smiley-018::dancingqueen:

Not typhoon but just very windy at certain times and Edmund himself also saw it and I understand from HB that they both got a shock and Edmund ran over to catch hold of the handle previously, if not the glass door sure bang onto my granite! Hence, currently I am leaving it open with the normal traditional stopper.

Hey, where can I buy those adhesive tape 3M towel bar as we have been to Home Fix, OG, CK Tang during weekend but still cant find. I need 1 more towel bar for my MBR toilet which I only got Edmund to fix up 1 for me. Do you think he will do me a favour by fixing up for me if I go buy Welmi single towel bar?

Not sure though. You can check with him or else, ask Jason to help drill holes for you? Pay him transport $ lor...

hey, Blue!

I saw ur 3-cone fan selling at Tampines Courts for $109 at its Bargain Hall. Pulled hubby to view it and he also agrees it looks good. So it's going to be in my "To-Buy" list!! Yipee! :sport-smiley-018::dancingqueen:

Cool !!! :D

Not sure though. You can check with him or else, ask Jason to help drill holes for you? Pay him transport $ lor...

oH YA...I can get Jason to help me since he still owes me living room curtains...thanks! So have you finish your packing? ;)