Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Hi bro vicenzo,

thanks for your information, it really help me start to know more.

for home theater, which will be a better choice?

wharfedale (diamond) or b&W ( MT)

do you know how much is the MT series?

Thanks

Hi

Brand new MT25 goes for $3.2K

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Try it & find out for yourself. If u use Wharfedale, you wont go wrong anywhere.

Cheers

Thanks Vicenzo...But I dont see many shops selling Wharfedale 10.5...Lemme check

Thanks Vicenzo...But I dont see many shops selling Wharfedale 10.5...Lemme check

KEC @ Adelphi do sell & there's another shop at Sim Lim Square. Cant remember the name now.

Hi guys,

I'm also in the market for a mid-range HTS, just got my resale flat and planning the layout ID etc. Already paid for the new LG 42" SL90.... :dribble: so looking for a decent set-up in the range of $1200-$1500...

Have already shortlisted Denon 1910, Onkyo 606, but read some reviews that the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K is not too bad, and in fact the most bang for the bucks in the mid-range category.

I am a movie buff and will be using the A/V receiver with my AC Ryan Playon! HD mostly.... and also to play my music.... which will be streamed from my NAS..... perhaps a PS3 in the future...

Can anyone advice on the Pioneer?

Anyone knows if any of these receivers can actually be networked for streaming music/movies from a NAS?

Cos I intend to store all my media files on the NAS, and network my whole house for streaming..including my MBR, living room, studfy (where the NAS will be) and perhaps my mum's room as well.

Any advise will be much appreciated. Sorry if I 'hijacked' this thread...

Cheers

stryke

Edited by stryke

I agree.

Go Bluray & you'll never step into a cinema again :P

BR discs are not very expensive. Amazon offers great discounts from time to time & of coz

there's pre-owned BR discs available. Visit www.xtremeplace.com under Planet Disc Sales

to be spoilt for choice.

Cheers

For stryke, sarithig and Heronspring, do check out the forum recommended by Vincenzo above. I think your questions should be answered there.

Hey, how about the Mirage MX5.1 or even Nanosat 5.1? They are small and light as well..I'm not sure abt it's sub but MX5.1 is 800w for amplifier...hmm..

Would you know where to source the Nanosat 5.1? It seems to be cheaper than MX 5.1, online USD $600, but in singapore I can only find MX 5.1

Would you know where to source the Nanosat 5.1? It seems to be cheaper than MX 5.1, online USD $600, but in singapore I can only find MX 5.1

Bro, have u audition Mirage or Nano before? Personally, the sound emitted is quite weak.

Vocals/dialogue (center speaker) are not so crisp.

Mirage do shipped their parts to Singapore?

Cheers

saw an advertisment on "Today".....

Denon 2310 and Boston Acoustics 5.1 speakers going for $1599.... good buy?

From Audiohouse? Their promotion is $1599 but Denon 1610 AVR i think.

Bro, have u audition Mirage or Nano before? Personally, the sound emitted is quite weak.

Vocals/dialogue (center speaker) are not so crisp.

Mirage do shipped their parts to Singapore?

Cheers

I did audition it, found the sound for Transformers 2 during the fight scene to be fantastic (in a treated showroom). But I do agree with you, music, it loses out to a yammy nsp 210.

Do they?

ok, guyz...

after much reading and reading, from forums to online magazines... i gonna take the plunge n bought myself a deft tech procinema 800... upgrade the sub to velodyne... or maybe try to get svs if the price is a lil' bit more.

combined wif yamaha amp... or shld i get denon? this part not so sure....

last time ard, was quoted $2.7K for deft tech wif velodyne sub & yamaha amp... wish me luck...

ok, guyz...

after much reading and reading, from forums to online magazines... i gonna take the plunge n bought myself a deft tech procinema 800... upgrade the sub to velodyne... or maybe try to get svs if the price is a lil' bit more.

last time ard, was quoted $2.7K for deft tech wif velodyne sub & yamaha amp... wish me luck...

Hey, how much are you getting for Pro 800 and the velodyne? Which model of velodyne u getting? Thanks...I'm planning to get Pro600 with the default sub..quoted 1280..thanks..

ok, guyz...

Bro

Thumbs up for u!!!! Which Velodyne model are you getting? Minivee?

Yamaha amp is good enough. U getting the RX765 or the 1065?

Cheers

I did audition it, found the sound for Transformers 2 during the fight scene to be fantastic (in a treated showroom). But I do agree with you, music, it loses out to a yammy nsp 210.

Do they?

Bro

The center speaker i would put a 40% importance as most dialogues derive from it. 30% weightage goes to the sub.

Its ok to get the nano but upgrade to a better center speaker.

Cheers

ok, i bought the procinema 800, change sub to velodyne CHT8Q & yamaha amp RXV465 (Titanium). Total damage is 2.7K. These are the setup dat Clarence recommend. Wanna change to SVS sub, but da thing **** HUGE! my wife reject it IMMEDIATELY... anyway, with all honesty, I dunno whether the price i paid for the above setup is reasonable. It also incl setup n monster cables for the front setup. Need ur advise n assurance. And 1 more thing. My living room is only 3.4m x 7m, in which the 3.4m is da distance from sofa to tv. Thx.

Edited by frezhman