Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Help, Loanshark Splash Paint Last Mth

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
don't be surprised if town council workers remove the police report during their daily rounds. it's counted as unauthorized adverts....

Nope never removed till now, I supposed the TC guys knew the purpose of it and it is not any adverts at all.

Splashed paint by loan shark thanks to previous owner

Really pissed & upset about it. Have made police report but they are so ineffecient. Asked us to go down to police station again to explained everything again so that we can get a print out to post on our door step/lift.

Till now we are still receiving previous owner's letters. My hubby have emailed ICA (or something) to complain about the previous owner Ang Poh Kee suspecting him that he have not changed the address. Ofcourse when the agent contacted the seller, he claimed that he have changed his IC address also that he is not the one who borrowed from loan shark and he pushed the blames to his previous tenants (teenagers x4 - 3 girls, 1 boy & 2 foreign chinese women).

A few days ago, received another letter from LTA (summon) addressed to Ang Weili Wilson (suspect he is the seller's son). Cannot be so 巧 all the tenant's surname are ANG. There are letters direct to Wendy Ang (if i remember correctly). But ofcourse those are not our letters, I dropped them to the "returned mailbox".

Time to email to ICA complaining about this Ang Weili Wilson for not changing his address. Is there anyway for me to complain to ICA so they will take action against ALL those whose address are under MY address? Incase anyone else who are unknown to us have their IC registered under MY address.

So pissed. Seriously don't know which idiot went to borrow from loan shark and caused us so much troubles. How are they going to compensate if anything happen to my family? Especially my son is only 9 MONTHS old. Really 没人性. 人楂.

Really pissed & upset about it. Have made police report but they are so ineffecient. Asked us to go down to police station again to explained everything again so that we can get a print out to post on our door step/lift.

Till now we are still receiving previous owner's letters. My hubby have emailed ICA (or something) to complain about the previous owner Ang Poh Kee suspecting him that he have not changed the address. Ofcourse when the agent contacted the seller, he claimed that he have changed his IC address also that he is not the one who borrowed from loan shark and he pushed the blames to his previous tenants (teenagers x4 - 3 girls, 1 boy & 2 foreign chinese women).

A few days ago, received another letter from LTA (summon) addressed to Ang Weili Wilson (suspect he is the seller's son). Cannot be so 巧 all the tenant's surname are ANG. There are letters direct to Wendy Ang (if i remember correctly). But ofcourse those are not our letters, I dropped them to the "returned mailbox".

Time to email to ICA complaining about this Ang Weili Wilson for not changing his address. Is there anyway for me to complain to ICA so they will take action against ALL those whose address are under MY address? Incase anyone else who are unknown to us have their IC registered under MY address.

So pissed. Seriously don't know which idiot went to borrow from loan shark and caused us so much troubles. How are they going to compensate if anything happen to my family? Especially my son is only 9 MONTHS old. Really 没人性. 人楂.

Open the gate & door at nights, sleep at hall, wait for ah long, invite him/them in & "talk". Standby a camera & a parang. Very effective.

Edited by bepgof

not trying to discriminate here, but i am wondering if there are any telltale signs of a typical 'loanshark borrower' seller; ie is it safer to buy resale flats from working professionals with kids etc.... i read until very stress....there should be a ruling for sellers to change their IC address before they can get the sales proceeds!

Edited by jeda

not trying to discriminate here, but i am wondering if there are any telltale signs of a typical 'loanshark borrower' seller; ie is it safer to buy resale flats from working professionals with kids etc.... i read until very stress....there should be a ruling for sellers to change their IC address before they can get the sales proceeds!

IMO, i dun think so.. coz no guarantee that working professionals with kids will not borrow from ah long when desperate.. :unsure:

Best maybe to ask the neighbours if any loansharks come before to splash paint or not..

Almost forgot! Take pictures & keep receipt as evidence for work done (replacement or repaint/washing....), claim back from ah long once he get caught.

Edited by bepgof

When I lived in Joo Seng Rd the house got hit by loansharks 5 years after we bought the flat. Apparently, the previous owner did not change his IC and borrowed heavily from a loan shark.

It started off with painting the walls, stairwells and lift landings with our unit no and O$P$ with a name, which wasn't ours! So we contacted the police and they came to take pics. Town council came to paint the walls but after a few days, got painted again. Police came again, take pictures, etc etc... nothing happened, every time the walls got painted over, the writings would come after a few days!

The loanshark lackeys got bolder and put super glue into our front door lock and mail box, again call police, still the same. Then one morning when I woke up they tied a bicycle to our front door, so we couldn't go out. That's when I panicked because my daughter had a heart problem and if she had to be rushed to the hospital that very moment, I would have been stuck inside the house!!! Called the police and insisted on talking to the superintendent, started screaming that they would be liable if something happened to my daughter, so a senior police inspector came to the house, they used bolt cutters to remove the bike. Since our harrassment was ongoing for a few months already, they put a CCTV outside our house, and we had hourly patrols come up to the house to check from 1 am to 5 am (helped that we lived right across the neighborhood police post). Think after a few weeks and lots of video footage of the young guys doing the harrassment we were finally at peace. The inspector came to the house to inform us they managed to nab the loan shark!!!!!They also said the previous owner's business went bankrupt and he had to borrow from loansharks to pay off his debts.

If your flat happens to be a loanshark flat, make sure you inform the police ASAP and keep all the documentation of reports etc. if it escalates, email a copy to the CID division who is in charge of loansharks.

Usually before the completion of sale or even before signing OTP, you can do a bankruptcy search or debt repayment scheme search. Sometimes speaking to neighbors and looking/walking around before signing OTP may be helpful ....

Some credit companies offer more complete searches eg number of companies they own and whether got outstanding court cases.

seriously look at it fr the other pt, the loansharks are so brave becos they know even reporting to police doesnt help much...

seriously, how can we insist that the seller change their address? HDB really should come out of their shell and start implementing mandatory ruling that seller should change their IC address before they can get sales proceeds!!

anybody asked HDB officers during 2nd appointment before?

When I bought my HDB flat, the seller also owe loansharks and banks lots of money. Notices were pasted on my door and loanshark came to ask for payment. After I told them that I am the new owner and the seller has left the place, they basically did not bother me anymore.

I think it is useful to inform the loansharks that you are the new owner and they should find the seller rather than bother you.