Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theoldjaffa

Washers: Lg Wd-14331ad Vs Samsung Wf8702

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

although 1422 ($899) is newer model but its spin speed selections skips from 800 to 1400 (i seem to rem so...)

whereas for 14331 ($799) spin speed can select ....800,1000,1200,1400, therefore it provides more flexibility

although 1422 ($899) is newer model but its spin speed selections skips from 800 to 1400 (i seem to rem so...)

whereas for 14331 ($799) spin speed can select ....800,1000,1200,1400, therefore it provides more flexibility

Frankly speaking, nothing against korean brands.. but the way they drop prices so dramatically, makes me wonder whats the actual cost price of the machine... a model can drop to less than half price in 3 yrs? which makes me ponder in deep the washerhelp website's remarks! www.washerhelp.co.uk '' WASHING MACHINES BUILD R NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE'' TO PUT INFLATION INTO RESPECT, WASHING MACHINE PRICES NOW SHOULD BE MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT 10 YRS AGO. BUT NOW U GET MORE FEATURES AT LOWER PRICES. ITS LIKE PUTTING ALL THE FERARRIS BELLS N WHISTLES IN A RUN DOWN PROTON BODY. WHAT DO U GET?

Frankly speaking, nothing against korean brands.. but the way they drop prices so dramatically, makes me wonder whats the actual cost price of the machine... a model can drop to less than half price in 3 yrs? which makes me ponder in deep the washerhelp website's remarks! www.washerhelp.co.uk '' WASHING MACHINES BUILD R NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE'' TO PUT INFLATION INTO RESPECT, WASHING MACHINE PRICES NOW SHOULD BE MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT 10 YRS AGO. BUT NOW U GET MORE FEATURES AT LOWER PRICES. ITS LIKE PUTTING ALL THE FERARRIS BELLS N WHISTLES IN A RUN DOWN PROTON BODY. WHAT DO U GET?

which in other words

washers hav becom mor cheapskate

except higher end brand models

THATS A REAL SHAME ON TODAYS TECHNOLOGY

WHAT A BIG DISGRACE

I'm sure the lapena/leafania wondertwins have set prospective LG buyers rethinking again...

Hmmm let's see.

Buy LG for $800, 2 years general warranty, 10 yrs on motor alone and believe local users like "strata" above and others or..

Buy Miele at $3000, 1, yes only ONE year warranty and pray your experience will not be like that local Miele user.

All you have to do is ask yourself..(squint and try to sound like Clint Eastwood when you say this)

Do I feel lucky?

Edited by cromodora

I'm sure the lapena/leafania wondertwins have set prospective LG buyers rethinking again...

Hmmm let's see.

Buy LG for $800, 2 years general warranty, 10 yrs on motor alone and believe local users like "strata" above and others or..

Buy Miele at $3000, 1, yes only ONE year warranty and pray your experience will not be like that local Miele user.

All you have to do is ask yourself..(squint and try to sound like Clint Eastwood when you say this)

Do I feel lucky?

yala yala!! must we all praise LG, then u b satisfied ???

cromodora, tink u the oni 1 here spamming all who post negative remarks on LG washers!!

why nt u go KISS ur LG washer

or back to your singaporebikes forum ???

WEEE !!!

PS. sometimes i do suspect u r a salesman for LG

Edited by leafania

LG TROMM discontinue alrdy, the salesman say they dn continue sell models tt r 4yrs old, u gonna consider another brand or model

PS. sometimes i do suspect u r a salesman for LG

Just like your wondertwin, lapena, your powers of deduction matches your consumer reasoning skills.

Let's see...

cromodora likes the LG WD14331 so he must = LG salesman.

(Must be super specialized salesman as they seem to let him only promote one particular LG product and even then he is only promoting this particular washer specifically when it is selling at $900 or below. This must be because the fantastic margins earns him much more than he would have selling Miele. Better ask him got lobang at LG or not. Getting more difficult to promote on snob appeal alone here. People nowsadays research on the net before buying. Not many suckers left in spite of our spamming every thread to get people to buy our German machines. I know this thread is titled "LG or Samsung" but still we must try mah...)

Just like your wondertwin, lapena, your powers of deduction matches your consumer reasoning skills.

Let's see...

cromodora likes the LG WD14331 so he must = LG salesman.

(Must be super specialized salesman as they seem to let him only promote one particular LG product and even then he is only promoting this particular washer specifically when it is selling at $900 or below. This must be because the fantastic margins earns him much more than he would have selling Miele. Better ask him got lobang at LG or not. Getting more difficult to promote on snob appeal alone here. People nowsadays research on the net before buying. Not many suckers left in spite of our spamming every thread to get people to buy our German machines. I know this thread is titled "LG or Samsung" but still we must try mah...)

then lets see how long ur LG 10yr warranty motor will last <dr evil laughing off>

ps. or pray it doesnt ???

OR END UP LIKE TIS: whoola

2151843_c8cf288806.jpgbaby-washing-machine-211x300.jpg

talkin abt washers iz gettin mi bored!

IM GOONA PLAY MY LIL JUKEBOX!!

ciao all, WHEW!!!

Edited by leafania

Hi all,

Today, I saw two variations of the 14331, one with the TROMM logo and the other with Inverter imprinted instead. Is there any difference between the two?

I think no diff.

"Tromm" is the name LG used for their laundry machine range. They have dropped that name.

"Inverter" is not saying much as all LG DD motors are of the inverter type.

I think no diff.

"Tromm" is the name LG used for their laundry machine range. They have dropped that name.

"Inverter" is not saying much as all LG DD motors are of the inverter type.

I say, this discussion has found a new home under a different title!!

Just to pass on sthg that I had come across when reading up on washers, there were some negative comments from US users on other models of Tromm but not the 14331. That could be the reason the mfr has wisely dropped the name.

About the imbalance of washing duvet on its own, I have found that throwing in a few pillow cases or garments with the wash solved the problem. No imbalance, no noise, even with previous washers.

It's true that we can never put in the full dry weight of laundry without overstuffing. Keep to your regular load and the 14331 will adjust to the appropriate time. It might perhaps be shorter than the usual washing time of your previous machine. I don't say that it will definitely be so, but try and see.

A fair judgment on any washer dryer would have to be from one's experience of having used a machine of that sort, not by mere reasoning alone. No offence meant if anyone reading this has already offered her/his opinion. It is to be taken as an opinion and not a factual statement, right?

A happy new year to one and all.

heyy

i have the LG 14331 one too. It's about 3 weeks old and i didn't get the delivery/LG guys to teach me how to operate as the house was still in a mess that time when they delivered. So i read the manual.

Can i ask those who own this machine

- when i first did my laundry, after the wash waas completed, i put it to dry and the time was 4 hours!!! and if there's anything i hate more about front-loading was that i can't open the door. So i ended up power-off the machine wait a few minutes then re-set again. does it take that long to dry??

- once i put towels in there to dry for 1.5 hours and it was still a bit damp when it came out which was rather strange. the setting was the cotton 30 degrees by default.

- also do anyone of you have any funny smell on your clothes after drying?