Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Curtains

<!--quoteo(post=532587:date=May 18 2010, 02:29 PM:name=freehand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (freehand @ May 18 2010, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=532587"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can install window curtain rod for $40

alanTeh

SMS **email : **<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

$40 for 1 curtain rod and exclude curtain rod. haha.

btw Jason is a nice man.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I need to custom made my living room curtains. Can anyone recommend a reputable and nice shop to do that ? Personal experience with that shop is prefered.

Thanks.

hi, u can try fabulous curtain at no.458 balestier rd, they carry euro band fabric and japanese band roller band. very good after sales service. Boss Gerard lim tel:62568525

Are you interested in buying online? don't worry about the size for I know a curtain site wherein you can send the measurement of your windows for a perfect fit.

Hi Stephanie07

Can you give me the link? I'm interested to purchase online.

hi all,

can anyone PM me Jason's contact no pls? would like him to quote for roller blinds for my place. thanks in advance.

Can I have Jason's contact too? Thanks alot!

not sure if i will recommend Jason. i feel he has overcharged me by recommending me the priciest range (he admitted only when he delivered the curtains), and sewing linings which i don't need. in all, he charged me a whopping $2500 for a one bed room apartment. complete rip-off. he kept reassuring me (over and over and over again) that i won't regret my choice and that i should trust his expertise.

well i trusted his expertise, but till today, i still dislike the choice of curtain he picked.

he also kept asking me to recommend clients to him (repeated well over 30x), which i found terribly annoying.

Just to share, here's a photo of the curtains done by Kim Textiles & Garments. I have used their services twice already, got them to do curtains each time I moved house. The guy that measured my windows and fitted the curtains was Mr Lim.

This is the living room curtain. Full length, ceiling to floor. Hook type.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2029/cimg0224m.jpg

I also had full length curtains, day & night, for the 3 bedrooms (using the same cloth as the living room) - this is because the windows are all full length windows so the curtains (ceiling to floor) is almost 2.5m or 3m if I'm not mistaken. They couldn't use the width of the cloth to make the curtains, so they had to use the length of the roll instead. Total cost for whole house was approx $2k. He also sewed the curtain holders for free.

This is the contact details for Kim Textiles & Garments

1 Joo Chiat Road 01-1023 Joo Chiat Complex, 420001, Singapore

p: 67488655

Hi all,

I need to custom made my living room curtains. Can anyone recommend a reputable and nice shop to do that ? Personal experience with that shop is prefered.

Thanks.

Clementi Town very cheap.

But don;t buy too cheap curtains. After wash, wil shorten 2" which i think is alot.

I bought for living room one, cheap and after wash no problem.

Always ask if after wash and is shorten , must refund or change new one. When they deliver, hang up, take photos, then immiedate wash, next day hang up and see got shorten.

My parents took them 6 mths later then wash, cannot refund.

Hi all,

Thanks.

i am one who is particular in everything especially service when it comes to shopping . so i did a recce around a few shops before making my final decision . the quotes are for :

living room : day and night curtain

master bedroom : day and night curtain

walk in wardrobe : night curtain

guest room : night curtain

MGL CURTAIN AND FINISHING : $1370

the person who served us was May . i called her a day before to make an appointment , just to make sure thats shes around . its through this renotalk forum that i get to know the existence of MGL and a lot of good feedbacks about May . and indeed she is **** good ! very professional and patient . give us a lot of ideas , pros and cons of choosing the different type of fabrics , tips in handling the curtains and explain to us every single detail . its very informative as my spouse initially do not understand the difference between day and night one . MGL has a wide range of designs and fabric to choose.

KING AND KING'S WONG : $4659

service was averagely rendered by Doris . she give good suggestions but however they dont have wide range , although all their designs are gorgeous. the price is also very expensive .

MEGA CURTAIN : $1900

as recommended by a friend , i should be looking for mr tony poh , but he was on site so mr k.t attended to us . he rushed into everything. from choosing the design to giving us the quotation and closing sales. i just dont like.

JIMMY TEXTILE @ JOO CHIAT COMPLEX : $1480

didnt talk much , just calculate seeing our floor plan . the price they quote is base on $25 fabric.

JIMMY TEXTILE @ TANJONG KATONG COMPLEX : $1077

the lady who serve us wasnt willing to serve us 100% , knowing that we just ask for quotation . just to lazy to entertain . she said she gv discount from the $25 fabric to $18 .

J & S DESIGN @ TANJONG KATONG COMPLEX : $3800

didnt give us much tips and ideas .

Kim TEXTILE : $1690

not much variety.

H&M decor : she estimated $1300 or less. didnt even bother to calculate .

We made a conclusion to go for MGL may . shes the best person by far . heard that their workmanship is also good .

i am one who is particular in everything especially service when it comes to shopping . so i did a recce around a few shops before making my final decision . the quotes are for :

living room : day and night curtain

master bedroom : day and night curtain

walk in wardrobe : night curtain

guest room : night curtain

MGL CURTAIN AND FINISHING : $1370

the person who served us was May . i called her a day before to make an appointment , just to make sure thats shes around . its through this renotalk forum that i get to know the existence of MGL and a lot of good feedbacks about May . and indeed she is **** good ! very professional and patient . give us a lot of ideas , pros and cons of choosing the different type of fabrics , tips in handling the curtains and explain to us every single detail . its very informative as my spouse initially do not understand the difference between day and night one . MGL has a wide range of designs and fabric to choose.

KING AND KING'S WONG : $4659

service was averagely rendered by Doris . she give good suggestions but however they dont have wide range , although all their designs are gorgeous. the price is also very expensive .

MEGA CURTAIN : $1900

as recommended by a friend , i should be looking for mr tony poh , but he was on site so mr k.t attended to us . he rushed into everything. from choosing the design to giving us the quotation and closing sales. i just dont like.

JIMMY TEXTILE @ JOO CHIAT COMPLEX : $1480

didnt talk much , just calculate seeing our floor plan . the price they quote is base on $25 fabric.

JIMMY TEXTILE @ TANJONG KATONG COMPLEX : $1077

the lady who serve us wasnt willing to serve us 100% , knowing that we just ask for quotation . just to lazy to entertain . she said she gv discount from the $25 fabric to $18 .

J & S DESIGN @ TANJONG KATONG COMPLEX : $3800

didnt give us much tips and ideas .

Kim TEXTILE : $1690

not much variety.

H&M decor : she estimated $1300 or less. didnt even bother to calculate .

We made a conclusion to go for MGL may . shes the best person by far . heard that their workmanship is also good .

Hi Rose, thanks for the feedback of the curtain shops u experienced, can i know which type of curtains and what are the materials for the curtains u did at MGL, for living hall and all the rooms? Care to share ur quote? Thanks.