Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

Hi, I am new to the forum. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Juz started my reno pjt on my 2 storey ppty & looking for a guide for electrician costs. Can anybody share what is the general price range for:

- adding new power points?

- adding new light points?

- moving power points or light points?

My electrician also say I need to add 'fays'. Whatz that? :) He says if I dun add, will trip if I turn on aircon downstairs. How much this cost?

Thks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi everyone i managed to go thru all the previous pages in this thread and manage to find eric contact. hope is useful to all of u.

ERIC: 91288487 - 63845718

by the way, his quote to me is per point is $15, extra socket is $$25 to $35. two ways swtich is at $25.

my contractor is charging only $15 per point, and he's providing the switches/points...... he's giving me all double points.......

is this cheap? it sounds cheap to me, as i looked at all these quotes given in this thread!

!

my contractor is charging only $15 per point, and he's providing the switches/points...... he's giving me all double points.......

is this cheap? it sounds cheap to me, as i looked at all these quotes given in this thread!

!

Can give me your contractor number? And company? Tks.

!

can pm me the contact of your electrician? thanx :dancingqueen:

Hi,

This is the charges from Ho Bee, can you guys see if this is ok?

Electrical Works

1. Ext 1 no. 5Amp lighting point @ S$50

2. Labour fee to install per set lighting fitting @ S$10

3. Ext 1 no. 13Amp single switch socket outlet @ S$70

4. Ext 1 no. 13Amp double switch socket outlet @ S$80

5. Switch control for cooker and hood @ S$80

6. Ext 1 no. Tel point @ S$80

7. Ext 1 no. SCV TV point @ S$120

hi, can i know if the following electrical works from Ho Bee is the norm?

Electrical Works(surface) (conceal)

1. Ext 1 no. 5Amp lighting point @ S$30 $50

2. Ext 1 no. 5Amp 2way lighting switch@ S$50 $70

3. Labour fee to install per set lighting fitting @ S$10

4. Ext 1 no. 13Amp single switch socket outlet @ S$40 $60

5. Ext 1 no. 13Amp double switch socket outlet @ S$50 $70

6. Ext 1 no. SCV TV point @ S$90 $120

7. Switch control for cooker and hob @ S$80

8. Ext 1 no LAN point @$120 $150

btw, i am still abit confused what is 5Amp light and how conceal works..

so false ceilings and Lbox lightings are considered conseal or not?

wat abt those downlights under kitchen cabinets are considered conceal?

if mine is new hdb, does cutting the existing false ceiling to shift its location abit issit considered conseal?

So weird, your price is much cheaper then mine and its also from Ho Bee. Does it mean their price is not consistent and think I big carrot ah! :curse:

Anyway conceal means on the wirings and not the lights. Surface you can see the ugly looking casing on the walls, and conceal means you need to hack the existing wall and you wun see the wiring at all. Wirings on false ceilings are considered as surface.

hi, can i know if the following electrical works from Ho Bee is the norm?

Electrical Works(surface) (conceal)

1. Ext 1 no. 5Amp lighting point @ S$30 $50

2. Ext 1 no. 5Amp 2way lighting switch@ S$50 $70

3. Labour fee to install per set lighting fitting @ S$10

4. Ext 1 no. 13Amp single switch socket outlet @ S$40 $60

5. Ext 1 no. 13Amp double switch socket outlet @ S$50 $70

6. Ext 1 no. SCV TV point @ S$90 $120

7. Switch control for cooker and hob @ S$80

8. Ext 1 no LAN point @$120 $150

btw, i am still abit confused what is 5Amp light and how conceal works..

so false ceilings and Lbox lightings are considered conseal or not?

wat abt those downlights under kitchen cabinets are considered conceal?

if mine is new hdb, does cutting the existing false ceiling to shift its location abit issit considered conseal?

hi hi can someone give me eric contact?

i need to find a reasonable and reliable person to do my electricity.

Missy hows his workmanship?

thanks

So weird, your price is much cheaper then mine and its also from Ho Bee. Does it mean their price is not consistent and think I big carrot ah! :curse:

Anyway conceal means on the wirings and not the lights. Surface you can see the ugly looking casing on the walls, and conceal means you need to hack the existing wall and you wun see the wiring at all. Wirings on false ceilings are considered as surface.

hmmm no leh, i called him to ask he say false ceilings lights are considered conceal. which means to say every lighting point i have in the false ceiling will be $50 for running of wirings + $10 for installation of lights = $60.

so does that mean those down lights at the top kitchen cabinets also $60 each. *faint*..

strange i wonder why it is different for urs and mine. he got list surface and conceal price for u?

mine is new HDB flat. is urs new too?

i still find it ex though.. another ID quote me $41 which is $19 cheaper than him. duno can bargain or not... :dunno:

by the way, may i know if it is able to outsource all the electrical works to another contractor? then how do the installation of false ceiling and carpentry lights and other reno etc gp together?

Hmm... weird.

So i guess his quote for lighting point is not worth it, better to look for another electrician.

He never quote me for conceal at all, tried emailing him and calling Mrs Quek for the quote but till today almost a week already still no quote. Think they too busy to entertain ppl like me ah. Anyway I have dropped Ho Bee and decided to choose my other ID's.

:yamseng:

hmmm no leh, i called him to ask he say false ceilings lights are considered conceal. which means to say every lighting point i have in the false ceiling will be $50 for running of wirings + $10 for installation of lights = $60.

so does that mean those down lights at the top kitchen cabinets also $60 each. *faint*..

strange i wonder why it is different for urs and mine. he got list surface and conceal price for u?

mine is new HDB flat. is urs new too?

i still find it ex though.. another ID quote me $41 which is $19 cheaper than him. duno can bargain or not... :dunno:

I heard that for doing downlight points (extension of lighting points) and extension of power points (e.g. 13A sockets), it is mandatory to submit to HDB (via electrician) the CS/5H form.

Can I check with you guys whether you guys:

- obtain from the electrician the form some time after the electrical works are completed?

- requested & obtained the form the same day when the electrical works are completed (amd you made the payment also), or

- do not care about this form, maybe because the your electrician/ID does not mention anyhting regarding this?

And how do you know, or how do you ensure that your electrician has submitted the form for you?

Any way to check?

Best that anyone who has prior experience or knowledge on this could share and elaborate! :horse:

Hi

I've got the usual quote on Electrical works like the unit price for the various types of installation of points - similar to what some of you had mentioned here. However, till now, no contractor or ID has given me a straight answer of whether rewiring is needed for my 30-year old flat.

Anyway, am thinking of checking out the need for rewiring just to be safe.

Can anyone advise whether the cost of rewiring should typically include the fixing of points? Or is it just changing the wires only? Not sure what is the norm here.

Thanks !

My electrician referred by ID charges me (26 July 2008)

Each

-----

5Amp light and cornices light point - $35

13 Amp double power point - $55

SCV point - $100

Switch - $50

10 AMp MCB - $30

Cooker hood and hod point switch - $100

Fixing door bell and light - $10 (kan na sai)

Fixing light and cornices light - $10

Shifting 13A point $20

Okay? Or I kanna chop :dunno: