Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Taking off the velcro is easy but what the about the wooden strips inside the curtains? If the wooden strips cant be dismantle, there is no way you can wash them in the washing machine? I havent wash mine for ages except 'dry' it with the help of a vaccum cleaner. Perhaps the mechanism for roman blinds has changed since.

Is it? Mr chew tell me very easy and I took his words :curse:

Maybe just do vaccum like u did, and mine is just a small piece for experiment. keke

Agree.

Silver should be used not only in the living room but all bedrooms as well as it goes very well with your 'dark' theme with a fine touch of class.

Ah..good that I have u guys supporting, coz till now I still cannot visualize, very scared it does not blend in well.

The curtain material looks nice. Did you check with him what is the washing condition? There are certain of curtain materials must use dry clean. Better check properly. You won't want like never change the curtain for 1 whole year. :D

I took all that are machine washable. And he say he does dry cleaning for all at $70, cheap cheap. So if 1 or 2 yr wash once, still not too bad.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Funny thing is,both ID we ever consulted also suggested "dropdown". Better check before they do.

Can I know abt how much is the industrial tap u saw at Hoe Kee?

In terms of look, drop down more model loh. But like wat sammie said, it is not approved by HDB. As long as after u finish reno, HDB dont check on u can liao (maybe abt 1% chance of kanna check?) And when u sell next time, u may need to redo for the buyer if I am not wrong.

I do not remember seeing it in Mega, and I have not been to Audiohouse for longest time.....:)

but then I also not into EW thingy. IMHO, LCD TV seldom spoilt in 3 years and by then if it does, probably will get new one with then newer features etc.....and screen brightness/contrast does fade with age. So I prefer to buy it cheaper and hope it spoilt in 3 years time so that I can change.......if not my wife will say "got warranty, why change"..... :D

haha..I'm on the same line as wcseow. I think for electronic stuff, if u suay suay at a faulty set, it probably wont last u more than a yr. If u got an ok set, then it should last u at least 3-5 yrs or even more. So I dont see the need for EW, and in any case, just change it if it start to kayu. Even if u bought exactly the same model (assuming the model still exist), it will cost u very minimal $ (slightly more than what u paid for EW) and u get a total new set! :D

Wah! Wah! Wah! 8|

Why ban my Goro?? :(:(:(

I only ask scratch proof coz concern what with ur newborn coming soon, then a year later will be very active surely hands go all over the place and may accidentally drag his/her fave toys agst the pretty wallpaper mah... :P

Tsk..tsk...my poor Goro...u made him very upset lor by banning the innocent boy... :huh:

Image005.jpg

Are u sure?? My kids will only start to scratch like 2 yrs later? Your goro is the more dangerous one. haha

Hey Ang, ur house many pattern pattern hor...

wallpaper round round...curtains square square...i got dizzy looking at those pics :wacko:

but does look nice la...

u havent shown ur MBR pic right? will the curtains cover just the window area or the whole stretch of wall on it? :unsure:

Eh..coz my MBR plain mah, so thinking of using pattern for curtain.

I did have pic for my MBR, the one with the big mirror wardrobe loh.

I wanted to do the whole stretch, but he said not nice, suggest I separate it, and do 4 pieces full length. So I go with his suggestion.

I think u not suitable to play MJ, see all rounds and square will make u dizzy. wahaha :D

hmm...ok. get ur points on the EW...will talk to "boss" and see what he says...my own opinions were similar...i rather buy it cheaper else where where there is no EW and spoil can get cheap one again rather than paying the EW. what if i buy 5 yrs EW and it spoils 5.5 yrs later my 5 yrs paid EW wasted and i still nd to buy a new one... correct?

hehe...infinitie...this one abit funny...i'd imagine the headspray is like a raging rattlesnake swaying here and there when the tap is on as u asked this... :lol:

my take on industrial tap...

- looks nice if place at one corner of the sink

- suitable for double bowls instead of single bowl sink coz of its reach

- will the constant pulling in and out on the headspray cause the tubing to wear out?

- size matters

just my 20 cents worth... :D

LOL... U have good imagination :P

kinda agreed with you but it will be appropriate if the tap is fix in the centre of the sink

otherwise we may have to pull from one end to wash the other end.

Actually tap is considered wear & tear material so I guess it should be alright so long it don't damage those part that could not be change bah!!

Thanks for your advise yeah..

LOL... U have good imagination :P

kinda agreed with you but it will be appropriate if the tap is fix in the centre of the sink

otherwise we may have to pull from one end to wash the other end.

Actually tap is considered wear & tear material so I guess it should be alright so long it don't damage those part that could not be change bah!!

Thanks for your advise yeah..

Yah..should place it center, coz the so call flexi portion actually not very elastical. Cannot like wat u said, pull here and there lah.

I think it is meant more for karaoke when pulling out, other than that, I think the normal rotation can serve the purpose by placing it at center.

Edited by Angteko

In terms of look, drop down more model loh. But like wat sammie said, it is not approved by HDB. As long as after u finish reno, HDB dont check on u can liao (maybe abt 1% chance of kanna check?) And when u sell next time, u may need to redo for the buyer if I am not wrong.

Hmm....can ask the contractor how much does it cost to reinstate the bath area from dropdown back to its original condition? Maybe that will give an idea whether to proceed with dropdown in the first place or not.

Ang kor kor, any update on your new house? I thought is over the handover date? Still no news geh?

Handover change to this thurs night loh. No time to meet him, and ask him to do paint touch up 1st b4 handover. keke

Then I got to rush abit to clean up, then fri got some furniture coming. zz

Ang kor kor, any update on your new house? I thought is over the handover date? Still no news geh?

aiyo reuben...he say not yet wat...some post some where...going to HO end this week..right Ang gor?

Edited by samgalz

hmm...ok. get ur points on the EW...will talk to "boss" and see what he says...my own opinions were similar...i rather buy it cheaper else where where there is no EW and spoil can get cheap one again rather than paying the EW. what if i buy 5 yrs EW and it spoils 5.5 yrs later my 5 yrs paid EW wasted and i still nd to buy a new one... correct?

can look at it at this way....

I think so far EW is from BD and Courts (not sure HD got). But when u get it from other places (neighborhood store) u save 100-300 dollars. Then if u buy EW u pay additional $200-$300?......so end up u more $300-$600 more.....lol

Handover change to this thurs night loh. No time to meet him, and ask him to do paint touch up 1st b4 handover. keke

Then I got to rush abit to clean up, then fri got some furniture coming. zz

ang gor, rmb every rectification and installation must be done before u move in. after wifey n u move in, no more rectification ah.... :no:

Hmm....can ask the contractor how much does it cost to reinstate the bath area from dropdown back to its original condition? Maybe that will give an idea whether to proceed with dropdown in the first place or not.

wah..i think quite costly wor. Coz need to rehack away the toilet floor, and remove all your bathrm accessories and reinstalled? Not sure will affect wall or not also. Think price is like redoing toilet loh.

aiyo reuben...he say not yet wat...some post some where...going to HO end this week..right Ang gor?

Eh..appt this thurs night loh, hopefully I can make it, like quite rush.

can look at it at this way....

I think so far EW is from BD and Courts (not sure HD got). But when u get it from other places (neighborhood store) u save 100-300 dollars. Then if u buy EW u pay additional $200-$300?......so end up u more $300-$600 more.....lol

Thats very good way of calculation. :good:

I think if they offer EW then just take it, if not just forget it. A basic 2-3 yrs warr is good enough.

ang gor, rmb every rectification and installation must be done before u move in. after wifey n u move in, no more rectification ah.... :no:

Thanks for reminding sammie jie. I trying my best to get everything done up nicely, and try to foresee what needs to be nailed and get it all done.

Need to cope with work and at the same time taking care of wife, as she is in her worst period now.

Stress! :horse:

Thanks for reminding sammie jie. I trying my best to get everything done up nicely, and try to foresee what needs to be nailed and get it all done.

Need to cope with work and at the same time taking care of wife, as she is in her worst period now.

Stress! :horse:

hmm....the morning sickness period? prepare to carry some suan mei or chen pi whenever u go and if she feel nauseous then can give her eat, these are livesavers. I went thru 3 months worth of morning sickness....and hor dun cos it is call morning sickness means only morning hor. I practically vomit everytime I eat a proper meal or anything chocolate. :( weird though, i dun hv this prob when i eat instant noodles... :P find out ur wifey's eating pattern then u shd hv no prob :good: