Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
- Home Care Solution - Reaching Aid / Grabber

reacher_EZCarex.JPG

769600110s_copy_bdc0.jpg

Perhaps an apparatus like this reaching aid/grabber might help in getting the debris off the ledge. When we went for an ElderCare program at Jurong Medical Centre, we saw a sample like that at their Home Care Solution Corner.

I'm not sure how useful is this suggestion as I won't know if the apparatus recommended would reach the debris on the ledge.

Also, I do not know how much does one of such apparatus cost in Singapore. The town council and RC could probably get together to make such apparatus available for loan by residents who needed them. Good suggestion? :notti:

At the end of the day, the thing that bugs me would be having to clear someone else's rubbish! I'd be totally grossed out if I'd to clear stuff like used condoms, soiled panty liners, diapers and the like off the ledge! :wacko:

Come to think of it, all of you staying at that block having the same problem could get together to file a joint complaint with photographs and perhaps suggest to town council how to tackle this problem.

Litter bugs ought to be penalized! 8|

Shame them, make them wear CWO vest and clean the block and ledges for 3 months! :yeah:

Ok, reach my daily quota of evil suggestions, back to reading threads posted about doors. :sport-smiley-004:

hi there,

it was a great suggestion. If we can loan such device, it will be great. :notti:

perhap will write a letter to town council. Thanks for ur advice. :good::good:

Dear neighbours,

Anyone of you has any clues how to connect TV & SCV

to HTS such that even when we watch tv we can enjoy the

surround sound?

By right, my connections were done up nicely and able to

do the above. However, it suddenly didnt work recently..

Now can only enjoy my surround sound while playing DVD/cd only..

Perhaps i accidently change some settings??

Really no clue what happened... :(

ANy experts in HTS? Bonkitty hubby? meepok? :sport-smiley-004:

By right its the function "AUX" on your HTS. If there is still no sound then it could be the Optical Audio cable connection loose.

Anyway it could not be either :D

I am just an Amateur :notti:

hi there,

it was a great suggestion. If we can loan such device, it will be great. :notti:

perhap will write a letter to town council. Thanks for ur advice. :good::good:

Meowie, i just bought and got one at home. If you want just let me know, but i tried with my height also cannot reach the kitchen ledge. Only managed to removed an "Ancient" Black Banana Skin outside my living room window ledge. Be extra careful when leaning over.

:yamseng:

Edited by Dracula

Dear neighbours,

Anyone of you has any clues how to connect TV & SCV

to HTS such that even when we watch tv we can enjoy the

surround sound?

By right, my connections were done up nicely and able to

do the above. However, it suddenly didnt work recently..

Now can only enjoy my surround sound while playing DVD/cd only..

Perhaps i accidently change some settings??

Really no clue what happened... :(

ANy experts in HTS? Bonkitty hubby? meepok? :sport-smiley-004:

Just a note that HTS eat alot of electric juice.. :P

By right its the function "AUX" on your HTS. If there is still no sound then it could be the "Yellow" Audio cable connection loose.

Anyway it could not be either :D

I am just an Amateur :notti:

Meowie, i just bought and got one at home. If you want just let me know, but i tried with my height also cannot reach the kitchen ledge. Only managed to removed an "Ancient" Black Banana Skin outside my living room window ledge. Be extra careful when leaning over.

:yamseng:

woot,.... thanks dracula... when i have rubbish again, then i go borrow hor.. hehe .... :yamseng:

woot,.... thanks dracula... when i have rubbish again, then i go borrow hor.. hehe .... :yamseng:

Haha... yeah sure. anyway it only cost $3.50 if u wanna buy it. At TPY Central :notti:

Haha... yeah sure. anyway it only cost $3.50 if u wanna buy it. At TPY Central :notti:

which shop? I think I go get 1.. but due to height constraint, haha dunno can use a not.. they got sell LONGER ones? :dunno:

which shop? I think I go get 1.. but due to height constraint, haha dunno can use a not.. they got sell LONGER ones? :dunno:

You got to walk down the lane from the Library down towards Courts, halfway through you will see a shop selling alot of pails, pipes, wall papers, home stuffs on the RIGHT side. Go all the way to the back left hand corner and you will see it. I only saw one length of it leh, maybe you can try mine first then if cannot then dun need to buy ah. :D

But it can be good for hard to reach areas like drop your stuffs behind the fridge, washing machine, below the bed, etc.... :notti:

Anyway mine looks like the picture below, but its the shortest one. Hehe...

reaching-aid.jpg

Edited by Dracula

Can pick then pick up else learn to live with it.

When your's life chapter started with the house, could have anticipated living in a kampong of so many people, littering is in-evitable.

Why bother? Unless you want to join the cleaners' team :notti:

Just a note that HTS eat alot of electric juice.. :P

No wonder my bill is heading north.. :(

shall restrict it to watching DVDs then.. :D

Just wana share with starhub subscribers,

For the 1st bill, we need to pay for 2 mths

fees upfront.. I almost got a shock when I saw

the bill. :jawdrop:

When your's life chapter started with the house, could have anticipated living in a kampong of so many people, littering is in-evitable.

if you dun try to find solution n just learn to LIVE with it, then why you install some "anti-bird" device? just live with the birds coming to ur balcony n poo-ing all over the place lor. Since they can keep u busy from coming in here to crap.

Alternatively, why didnt u train ur B I T C H at home to guard against the birds? ur B I T C H useless de ar?

sometimes, things are easily said IF it DOESNT AFFECT U...

You got to walk down the lane from the Library down towards Courts, halfway through you will see a shop selling alot of pails, pipes, wall papers, home stuffs on the RIGHT side. Go all the way to the back left hand corner and you will see it. I only saw one length of it leh, maybe you can try mine first then if cannot then dun need to buy ah. :D

But it can be good for hard to reach areas like drop your stuffs behind the fridge, washing machine, below the bed, etc.... :notti:

Anyway mine looks like the picture below, but its the shortest one. Hehe...

reaching-aid.jpg

hey dracula,

meepok told me the real thing very short ar... hmmm... since urs is the shortest one... i think i try to go find the longest one.. hahaa... hopefully, can find.. hehe :notti:

Edited by meowie49

If it's a rotting piece of meat or a soiled sanitary pad lying on your ledge, would you still learn to live with it?

Short of climbing out onto the ledge to personally pick it up, the next best option would be to push it down. But of course bearing in mind the neighbours below, it will be best to push it further out so that it doesn't accidentally hit or injure the innocent. Cos the area below our kitchen ledge is not easily accessible by people passing by, unless they're there to pick up dropped rubbish or up to mischief.

Then all you have to do is let the town council workers clear it up during their cleaning rounds. Or if it really pricks your conscience, you may proceed downstairs to personally dispose of the said rubbish or keep it as a momento of your public spiritness! :sport-smiley-003:

No wonder my bill is heading north.. :(

shall restrict it to watching DVDs then.. :D

Just wana share with starhub subscribers,

For the 1st bill, we need to pay for 2 mths

fees upfront.. I almost got a shock when I saw

the bill. :jawdrop:

Anyway TV with HTS sound also not fantastic also ah, just normal TV effects with no Dolby or THS effects. Waste electricity and money :D

With DVD or Blu-Ray then different story liaoz... hehe... :notti:

hey dracula,

meepok told me the real thing very short ar... hmmm... since urs is the shortest one... i think i try to go find the longest one.. hahaa... hopefully, can find.. hehe :notti:

Yeah actually the length is about 80cm long ah. Good if you can find the longer version, let me know if u happen to see one too... Hehe.. :notti:

btw, want to highlight an issue i noticed yesterday on my air-con ledge's and kitchen window panes. they have holes...it's like glass which has chipped off...and there're several of it... initially i thought it was cigarette ash cos they're small and looks greyish-black...but when i touched it, it's rough. after taking 2nd, 3rd, 4th look...i realised my window panes have holes.

i went down to report my findings. though i have a feeling they won't entertain me since we've already moved in for 3mths, it's not fair to us to accept such quality. they kinda smirked at me when i said it wasn't there then...come on...why would i even delay reporting this...and we've cleaned our windows a few times. if the holes appear from inside, it could be our fault...but it's the outer pane. put yourself in my position, stay low floor and have to tolerate whoever's inconsiderate renovator who throws their debris out of the window... even if it's not thrown, it's still not fair...

hate this feeling... 1st was the canopy with cigarette boxes, can drinks, broom, adult diapers... now this...sucks!

... been a week since I last login. Stil hvnt moved in, jus addin some new furniture (dreassing tbl, shoe cabinet). Doin min. cleanin@79 but din know so much 2pack@ our current place! HB tkg leave soon 2help out.

Hi Ms White

I empathise w yr situ cos I too stay@a lower flr & wun wanna be in da same predicament. I dun tink u shud bear replacemt cost if those "external dimples" on yr window-panes werent caused by u. If the authority (maybe under jurisdiction of Service Ctr (our bldg contractor) instead of Town Council) dun revert w/in a reasonable time, suggest u lodge a written complaint for replacemt of the affected panes. All da Best!

Perhaps an apparatus like this reaching aid/grabber might help in getting the debris off the ledge. When we went for an ElderCare program at Jurong Medical Centre, we saw a sample like that at their Home Care Solution Corner.

I'm not sure how useful is this suggestion as I won't know if the apparatus recommended would reach the debris on the ledge.

Also, I do not know how much does one of such apparatus cost in Singapore. The town council and RC could probably get together to make such apparatus available for loan by residents who needed them. Good suggestion? :notti:

At the end of the day, the thing that bugs me would be having to clear someone else's rubbish! I'd be totally grossed out if I'd to clear stuff like used condoms, soiled panty liners, diapers and the like off the ledge! :wacko:

Come to think of it, all of you staying at that block having the same problem could get together to file a joint complaint with photographs and perhaps suggest to town council how to tackle this problem.

Litter bugs ought to be penalized! 8|

Shame them, make them wear CWO vest and clean the block and ledges for 3 months! :yeah:

Ok, reach my daily quota of evil suggestions, back to reading threads posted about doors. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Kastlekonfusion

Tks4 ur suggestion of apparatus 2clear rubbish frm our window ledges. Ur "The town council and RC could probably get together to make such apparatus available for loan by residents who needed them" is a good suggestion!

Hi Meepok,

I agree w u. Short of jumpin onto ledge, only way is to push them down. I reckon those rubbish are a sight, potential health hazard & possibly invite pests.

I borrowed a long hose 2spray water 2rid of rubbish/debris frm my a/c ledge on rainy day (owners' windows shut frm da rain so wun be affected. anyway, most lower units fr 2nd ballotin stil unoccupied). Not easy cos @1st hose dun fit kitchen tap (dun wanna use force & ruin my Italian kitch mixer). Then, gotta coincide my visit w a rainy day. Am stil waitin, sigh... Those of u who moved in can try tis tho :sport-smiley-003:

Dear 79 Neighbors,

My hubby gotta suggestion->

We frm 79 jointly write in to Town Council, request for Gondolas for their workers 2clean our a/c ledges (jus lyk they clean our porch/corridors). Our blks stil new so, shud be easier 2clean... etc

I volunteer to draft/write letter to TC but cos I dun stay there/hardly in, nid some1 2coordinate signatures, any volunteers??

Hope 2hv clean ledge soon instead of current dust-covered & heavily littered ledge so much so, we hardly dare open our windows for fear of dust gettin into out livin/dining areas. :dancingqueen: Planned 2sleep in tmr & visit 79, hope it rainz then : )

Edited by Hana79