Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Initially i am also same as your husband - TV must be bigger the better! :D

eyeing 52" or 55" LED.

but after some price comparison and recommended viewing distance, i chose 46" instead.

Price: Samsung LED 46" $2699 Samsung 52" $4k plus (too much diff for a few more inches, more features but not at all important when u have a laptop or PC)

Viewing Distance: 46" already need at least 2 metres away liao, 52" even further.

in the end got 46" enough liao.

show your husband this bah :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
What a fruitful day for u, running so many places. We went jb to look for furnitures but bought nothing. Prices almost or even higher as compared to sin. Maybe becos we were looking for leather sofa. :(

We also very cautious in buying big amount items, compare and compare then commit. :D

ha ha, gals mama

we were in jb some days back too, came back empty handed. wanted to look for lights, but maybe because not prepared, so did not get anything in the end. Think to go to job to shop, must have done very thorough homework in singapore first.

ya.. i also tot of going to get toilet stuffs and lightings? anyrecommended address in jb? :P

Initially i am also same as your husband - TV must be bigger the better! :D

eyeing 52" or 55" LED.

but after some price comparison and recommended viewing distance, i chose 46" instead.

Price: Samsung LED 46" $2699 Samsung 52" $4k plus (too much diff for a few more inches, more features but not at all important when u have a laptop or PC)

Viewing Distance: 46" already need at least 2 metres away liao, 52" even further.

in the end got 46" enough liao.

show your husband this bah :P

ha ha

we went to harvey norman today and the salesman said the same. infact, the salesman said a 40" is enough liao, 46' is already a little too big to be comfortable. So now he seems convinced that a 55" is too big, but I am hoping to bring him to accpet a 40" ...

hubby says tv may look big at first, but as days pass and you get used to it, it will "become smaller" ...

for me, besides the price, I am also concerned about the size being too big bc I think it's not good for my children's eyes to be looking at a big glaring screen? Am I right with this assumption? Bc for myself, when i watch tv too long, i get very tired eyes

ha ha

we went to harvey norman today and the salesman said the same. infact, the salesman said a 40" is enough liao, 46' is already a little too big to be comfortable. So now he seems convinced that a 55" is too big, but I am hoping to bring him to accpet a 40" ...

hubby says tv may look big at first, but as days pass and you get used to it, it will "become smaller" ...

for me, besides the price, I am also concerned about the size being too big bc I think it's not good for my children's eyes to be looking at a big glaring screen? Am I right with this assumption? Bc for myself, when i watch tv too long, i get very tired eyes

as long as viewing distance is far enough. should be ok for your kids.

your eyes tired then lower the brightness of TV, should help a bit ;)

ya.. i also tot of going to get toilet stuffs and lightings? anyrecommended address in jb? :P

sorry, banned

we were in the sentosa area, and just walk walk see see. not really prepared to buy yet, so did not get any contacts.

actually we are still debating if we should get from jb, not because of quality or anything like that, but more so if anything defective etc, not sure if troublesome to exchange etc, so we were a bit half hearted

as long as viewing distance is far enough. should be ok for your kids.

your eyes tired then lower the brightness of TV, should help a bit ;)

this tv suppose to auto-adjust brightness according to environment,is it?

sun, 27/6/2010

more shopping today, but nothing firmed up

was a mega discount yesterday and was happy with their service, esp their price matching policy. Almost wanted to confirm, but thought maybe should visit a few more electronic shops today to compare price

first stop to harvey norman at millenia. Had been to this HN for at least 5 times since I started researching on appliances. Their 46" LED is $300 lower than mega, seems like no gimmicks. Was going to call mega to tell them about the difference and see if they can match.

went over to the kitchen appliances section at harvey. Realised that electrolux has a new pyro oven (35000) with basic functions at $1599, made in german. Also discovered a 66litre australian-made electrolux with similar features as the one i am eyeing on, and the same price too! Wah - I am so at a lost! Hubby thinks australian made is ok, since it's german technology - but if that's the case, then all those china made should also be ok right? Why shun china-made products?

After that, we decided to give our brains a break, and headed to cedele for a yummy break! Wow, I just love their bread, can eat plain man!

Flip through the papers and saw Audio House's ad - wow so attractive - if use DBS card, can get $800 cash rebate! Definitely must see right? Imagine our disgust when we understand the gimmicks - must spend another 16k within the year to qualify for the rebate?!?!? :bangwall::bow: And we stood there for so long - no one came to serve us, like look us down leh! so that's it, no more audio house from now - always have alot of hidden agenda within their ads, unlike mega or harvey who are more transparent (I hope!)

Tomorrow must really make it a point to finalse the marble, becasue need to make appt for dry lay etc - keys should be collecting within next week already!

this tv suppose to auto-adjust brightness according to environment,is it?

eh i haven try yet leh. lol.

i still using very old type tv now. haha

eh i haven try yet leh. lol.

i still using very old type tv now. haha

ha ha, me too. still using those fat bulky type :D

jsut now at harvey, the salesman was telling us about the motion plus vs wihtout, and the 50vs 100 hz. He asked us to focus and see the 50hz one picture is jerky - regardless of how i look - i just can't see any difference. looks like my eyes not trained for this kind of high tech things

jsut now at harvey, the salesman was telling us about the motion plus vs wihtout, and the 50vs 100 hz. He asked us to focus and see the 50hz one picture is jerky - regardless of how i look - i just can't see any difference. looks like my eyes not trained for this kind of high tech things

cant tell the diff? then go for the cheaper one lor! :D

cant tell the diff? then go for the cheaper one lor! :D

ya lor, that's why i want to convince hubby to go for cheaper tv, but prob is, he can see the differnce . ha ha

infact, he is even thinkng of the 3D LED - aiyo, so tiring for the eyes!

ya lor, that's why i want to convince hubby to go for cheaper tv, but prob is, he can see the differnce . ha ha

infact, he is even thinkng of the 3D LED - aiyo, so tiring for the eyes!

haha... problem with guys about specs and technical specs whoring

but yea, at strictly plain 50 hz and 100 hz, the image is really quite noticeable actually.

but i heard 100 hz and 200 hz is negligible.

yeah, just go for the cheaper one. even if you get the better one now, there is bond to have another even better one out in 2 months. it will be never ending de

yeah, just go for the cheaper one. even if you get the better one now, there is bond to have another even better one out in 2 months. it will be never ending de

that is true indeed. Actually quite confusing with the different models - so many series, and all with different dimensions.

btw did you manage to get mega to match? really wonder how it works bc i will likely get from them too