Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

that is true indeed. Actually quite confusing with the different models - so many series, and all with different dimensions.

btw did you manage to get mega to match? really wonder how it works bc i will likely get from them too

yup, replied you in my t-blog ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha... problem with guys about specs and technical specs whoring

but yea, at strictly plain 50 hz and 100 hz, the image is really quite noticeable actually.

but i heard 100 hz and 200 hz is negligible.

wow neomesis

can teach me how you do the google sketchup? I had been trying all night, going through the help videos but still lost. :help:

first, how did you include the different rooms?

do you have to draw each furniture separately, starting with the rectangle, then pull etc?

see until my eyes blur blur liao

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Today we finally collected our long-long-awaited keys!!! :dancingqueen: So excited - we are now officially owners of the first brand new flat!

Went to the flat straight away, and hubby was shocked at the mini-scale of the unit! :huh: Will take a while to get used to this, coming from a much bigger one!

Also received the black/white drawing from Edmund .. pix to follow ...

Met the aircon guy recommended by forceguy - I like him, patiently explaining how the trunking of gas/water will be to a novice like me, giving us various options of how to run, and also recommending the system for us. Alas, when he saw our ledge window, he confirmed that only mitsubishi compressor can go through (syst 4), so no choice lah! So now, will be awaiting his quotation, and hope it will fall within our budget - very tired of looking around already .. but tomorrow meeting one more aircon contractor, and will be decision time

After surveying the house, hubby also decided to keep toilet work to a minimum since the sink and shower provided are not too bad - only doing the shower screen and mirror - all other vanity top, rainshower etc and flooring etc will kiv - maybe will do a toilet upgrade in 3 years time ba - also good, can cut cost for now

Hubby also thinking of doing something on the wall between bomb shelter and dining table to "enlarge" the space. Mirror looks like the way to go, but I don't really like too many mirrors ... wonder if there is any other options? :idea:

also since we are extending the kitchen out into foyer, there will be a beam running across the middle of the extended kitchen .. really sian. Thought of lowering ceiling of the extended portion to flush with the beam, but will be very low ... :unsure:

Went to citigas today as well, to recee the heater and dryer. Generally are not impressed. No choice of models, savings not really alot, if the statistics they post is true. I had thought that the dryer runs entirely on gas, but this is not true since the drum is still operated via electricity. Plus reviews on blackening of wall, and the difficulty to adjust water temperature - think not likely to use citigas heater. So now it's a question of storage or instant. Wah, more homework to do on RT liao ..

Hmmm ... still no chance to go to marble shop ... really really must get this finalised tomorrow, since reno is going to start soon! But so sian, Edmund needs 2.5 months lei, becaue doing marble and parquet, which needs time to dry properly, otherwise in future may have problems. So looks like cannot really rush him, got to move in only during september school holidays liao ... bad damage to my pocket becaue got to rent another month of storage and house ... even more sian

from now on, cannot procrastinate liao - got to be snappy, decide, order, and go go go

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Today we finally collected our long-long-awaited keys!!! :dancingqueen: So excited - we are now officially owners of the first brand new flat!

Went to the flat straight away, and hubby was shocked at the mini-scale of the unit! :huh: Will take a while to get used to this, coming from a much bigger one!

Met the aircon guy recommended by forceguy - I like him, patiently explaining how the trunking of gas/water will be to a novice like me, giving us various options of how to run, and also recommending the system for us. Alas, when he saw our ledge window, he confirmed that only mitsubishi compressor can go through (syst 4), so no choice lah! So now, will be awaiting his quotation, and hope it will fall within our budget - very tired of looking around already .. but tomorrow meeting one more aircon contractor, and will be decision time

After surveying the house, hubby also decided to keep toilet work to a minimum since the sink and shower provided are not too bad - only doing the shower screen and mirror - all other vanity top, rainshower etc and flooring etc will kiv - maybe will do a toilet upgrade in 3 years time ba - also good, can cut cost for now

Hubby also thinking of doing something on the wall between bomb shelter and dining table to "enlarge" the space. Mirror looks like the way to go, but I don't really like too many mirrors ... wonder if there is any other options? :idea:

also since we are extending the kitchen out into foyer, there will be a beam running across the middle of the extended kitchen .. really sian. Thought of lowering ceiling of the extended portion to flush with the beam, but will be very low ... :unsure:

Went to citigas today as well, to recee the heater and dryer. Generally are not impressed. No choice of models, savings not really alot, if the statistics they post is true. I had thought that the dryer runs entirely on gas, but this is not true since the drum is still operated via electricity. Plus reviews on blackening of wall, and the difficulty to adjust water temperature - think not likely to use citigas heater. So now it's a question of storage or instant. Wah, more homework to do on RT liao ..

Hmmm ... still no chance to go to marble shop ... really really must get this finalised tomorrow, since reno is going to start soon! But so sian, Edmund needs 2.5 months lei, becaue doing marble and parquet, which needs time to dry properly, otherwise in future may have problems. So looks like cannot really rush him, got to move in only during september school holidays liao ... bad damage to my pocket becaue got to rent another month of storage and house ... even more sian

from now on, cannot procrastinate liao - got to be snappy, decide, order, and go go go

Congrats! Finally got ur keys, ya once the reno starts, lots of things to decide and finalise. But also means nearer to ur sui sui home. :)

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

i also using mitsu system4, maybe you wan can pm me. i let you know how much i bought then you use as a guide?

if u dun wan use mirror, use more white gloss? also can make space "grow" bigger

if you plan to use rain shower, storage is the way to go. or else become drizzle shower liao.

i also using mitsu system4, maybe you wan can pm me. i let you know how much i bought then you use as a guide?

if u dun wan use mirror, use more white gloss? also can make space "grow" bigger

if you plan to use rain shower, storage is the way to go. or else become drizzle shower liao.

thanks for your suggestions, matashi.

what is white gloss? glossy paint?

for heater, actually which is the one that will save more on electricity? storage or instant?

thanks for your suggestions, matashi.

what is white gloss? glossy paint?

for heater, actually which is the one that will save more on electricity? storage or instant?

u can use white gloss type laminates for cabinets if that area have any. if only wall then i think dulux have a new type of paint said to make room look bigger de. saw in catalogue. dunno true or not

for heater hor, u dun on most of the time. max is 2 hours a day nia. so should be ok de lah.

you go my blog read about i compare the fridge electricity consumption.

on papers the numbers seem a big diff, but after some calculations, it may not be worth paying extra for the electricity saved ;)

Congrats! Finally got ur keys, ya once the reno starts, lots of things to decide and finalise. But also means nearer to ur sui sui home. :)

thanks, gals mama

i really hope everything will go shun shun also. Must have a good start to a new house la

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Congrats Froggy! Dun b disheartened by the small size, sooner or later u'll get used to it. At least u can now convince ur hubby 40inch TV is more than enough for the flat. :dancingqueen:

Same thinking as u, toilet keep as it is, onli adding shower screen. Quite disappointed by the size of the toilet, but console myself, at least dun nid headache on how to reno toilet cos nothing can b done! haha..

Aircon guy recommended by forcesguy ah? I oso have the contact but did not have time to meet for quotation. Is it really cheaper??

Congrats Froggy! Dun b disheartened by the small size, sooner or later u'll get used to it. At least u can now convince ur hubby 40inch TV is more than enough for the flat. :dancingqueen:

Same thinking as u, toilet keep as it is, onli adding shower screen. Quite disappointed by the size of the toilet, but console myself, at least dun nid headache on how to reno toilet cos nothing can b done! haha..

Aircon guy recommended by forcesguy ah? I oso have the contact but did not have time to meet for quotation. Is it really cheaper??

dunno, met him but yet to receive quotation.

you planning to do system 4 also?

dunno, met him but yet to receive quotation.

you planning to do system 4 also?

Planning to get sys 3+1. Initially wanna get inverter, but tink of it like no point cos only me n my wife in the flat for mayb the 1st 3-5 years? then onli 1 rm will turn on aircon, so end up not much savings in terms of $.. wat u tink? I might b wrong.. :dunno:

froggy, congrats~! now it's time for ur flat's transformation! :D

I've got Aron's ppl to install. so far so good.

Edited by samgalz