Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

no wonder you asked me about marble. ha!

very eventful and productive day indeed. man, I can feel the excitement of collecting my keys too.... can feel the pocket going to burn too!! haha

ooo, noticed your to-buy list... if fujioh hood is NL 900 or brandt oven is FC842, support my group buy ya! "xie xie ning de pong chang". haha

hi neomesis

ya, saw yr group buy thing, but not getting exactly the same things, can or not?

where you plan to get from, and when? I just called GAB who quoted me better price than those HN etc. Called Everjoint, either nobody pick up or they pick up, say will call back with prices but never did. I am starting to think better not get from them even if really cheaper - like not very reliable leh. Some more, Everjoint must make full cash payment upon order? But GAB is COD right? Also saw 15may's experience with Everjoint, a bit scary. Not checked out mega discount, not sure about their pricing

And the oven, really sian. I thought I made up my mind on electrolux, but when talking to GAB, mind again unsure because they highly recommend Brandt. According to them, France better for cooking appliances, while Germany (electrolux) better in machines like washer etc. Now tau tia again - don't know which to get

Edited by froggy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi neomesis

ya, saw yr group buy thing, but not getting exactly the same things, can or not?

where you plan to get from, and when? I just called GAB who quoted me better price than those HN etc. Called Everjoint, either nobody pick up or they pick up, say will call back with prices but never did. I am starting to think better not get from them even if really cheaper - like not very reliable leh. Some more, Everjoint must make full cash payment upon order? But GAB is COD right? Also saw 15may's experience with Everjoint, a bit scary. Not checked out mega discount, not sure about their pricing

And the oven, really sian. I thought I made up my mind on electrolux, but when talking to GAB, mind again unsure because they highly recommend Brandt. According to them, France better for cooking appliances, while Germany (electrolux) better in machines like washer etc. Now tau tia again - don't know which to get

Ya, so the marble how?

i try not to complicate the buying list u c. wait, end up i trying to shop for everybody. haha

i will be getting from MEGA. if you ask from GAB or everjoint, cfm is cheaper than departmental stores. but so far, MEGA yet to disapoint, for GAB or everjoint those shop.. I went down myself personally to get the pricing de. yea, i know everjoint is cash payment. GAB i don't know.

i say ovens, microwave, front loading washers to go continental. shouldnt be wrong. well.. there's supporters for another german brand for ovens too ah.. BOSCH? most important, determine what sort of cooking programs you need and sorts and must go down to shop to have a feel of the physical products. so fair, I like my selection la. haha

ya, so the marble how what? hahaha... i replied lei

hi neomesis

Hey Froggy, can sense your excitement! :rolleyes: So happy for you!

If GAB Quote u better then everjoint, then get from them.

i try not to complicate the buying list u c. wait, end up i trying to shop for everybody. haha

i will be getting from MEGA. if you ask from GAB or everjoint, cfm is cheaper than departmental stores. but so far, MEGA yet to disapoint, for GAB or everjoint those shop.. I went down myself personally to get the pricing de. yea, i know everjoint is cash payment. GAB i don't know.

i say ovens, microwave, front loading washers to go continental. shouldnt be wrong. well.. there's supporters for another german brand for ovens too ah.. BOSCH? most important, determine what sort of cooking programs you need and sorts and must go down to shop to have a feel of the physical products. so fair, I like my selection la. haha

ya, so the marble how what? hahaha... i replied lei

paiseh, neomesis

notice i edited my post an deleted the last line about the marble? I am very blur - mix up with another forumer who said he has excess stock of marble after some projects. Forgot who he is liao. When I went into gals mama blog just now, I realised that i made a mistake. sorry ah

anyhow, what's mega's payment terms like? so far, no complaints about their delivery etc right? also curious - can ask how this group buy thing is to be done? I am referring to things like payment, delivery dates etc.

oven - cooking prog ah- i think most ovens about the same (ie comparing the same range across brands). But actually, in reality, I only need to use a few functions. The extra may be extras in the end - like handphone got so many functions, but I only use to call and sms and alarm clock only. ha ha

Hey Froggy, can sense your excitement! :rolleyes: So happy for you!

If GAB Quote u better then everjoint, then get from them.

thanks 15may!

how's yr reno going on? We might be able to meet sometime soon, hope to get keys next week!

paiseh, neomesis

notice i edited my post an deleted the last line about the marble? I am very blur - mix up with another forumer who said he has excess stock of marble after some projects. Forgot who he is liao. When I went into gals mama blog just now, I realised that i made a mistake. sorry ah

anyhow, what's mega's payment terms like? so far, no complaints about their delivery etc right? also curious - can ask how this group buy thing is to be done? I am referring to things like payment, delivery dates etc.

oven - cooking prog ah- i think most ovens about the same (ie comparing the same range across brands). But actually, in reality, I only need to use a few functions. The extra may be extras in the end - like handphone got so many functions, but I only use to call and sms and alarm clock only. ha ha

hahah.. no problem

wo wo.. is jus normal purchase like departmental store ya. me jus gathering numbers based on my shortlisted appliances to make the purchase cheaper for everyone. once the list is given to the salesperson, i.e. pricing is confirmed and locked, you all jus proceed to look for the salesperson and discuss delivery dates and sort with him lor..

hmm... if it's a basic convenction oven you are looking for, consider Brandt's FE811SX1. cheap and decent @ 899 without discount yet.

thanks 15may!

how's yr reno going on? We might be able to meet sometime soon, hope to get keys next week!

Reno going ok.. finishing soon :rolleyes: can move in in early july...

paiseh, neomesis

I bought 2 TVs and sound system from Mega at Kallang Leisure.. pay deposit then full payment with cheque upon delivery.. delivery short of one HDMI cable and the sales guy came personally on his off day to deliver to us..

If you want to buy from there, can nego prices de..

I bought 2 TVs and sound system from Mega at Kallang Leisure.. pay deposit then full payment with cheque upon delivery.. delivery short of one HDMI cable and the sales guy came personally on his off day to deliver to us..

If you want to buy from there, can nego prices de..

hey thanks, Joleena

thanks, will definitely make a trip there. any idea their opening hours? What about those shops in balestier? do they close early? I notice that those in jalan besar do not operate in the nights.

Also called Everjoint to compare with GAB. so far, out of 3 items (hob, hood, oven), Everjoint wins 2-1, but overall Everjoint is still cheaper. They say for if items needed more than 2 months later, need full payment during order. If within 2 months, then just need to pay deposit andthe balance on delivery.

Friday, 25/6/2010

no progress today. very sian - went to the bank to settle a few things, then girls have class, so whole day "wasted".

anyway, remembered i have not posted the storage bed frame i purchased. So here it is.

CIMG0175-1.jpg

hey froggy, I've jus rec'd my EF hob and hood from Mega Discount. So far ok, delivery very prompt. In fact they wanted to come earlier but I was not ard the area.

payment was a deposit and rest via cheque upon delivery of all items. Mega can neg price, do find out prices from Everjoint, Goh Ah Bee and the rest before u go down so that you can have better bargaining power. also they do match prices if others are lower before they make any delivery to u. I personally experience this and found it true.

Edited by samgalz

hey froggy, I've jus rec'd my EF hob and hood from Mega Discount. So far ok, delivery very prompt. In fact they wanted to come earlier but I was not ard the area.

payment was a deposit and rest via cheque upon delivery of all items. Mega can neg price, do find out prices from Everjoint, Goh Ah Bee and the rest before u go down so that you can have better bargaining power. also they do match prices if others are lower before they make any delivery to u. I personally experience this and found it true.

you mean even after you have signed and confirmed order, they can still match any price that is lower? that will be really great. Also wondering, how do they "verify" that the low price that customer quoted is really true?

btw, may i ask what kind of deposit they ask for? 10%? or also negotiable?

thanks!

yup, they will match even after u confirm order, so long before delivery. about the verifying process, well I would think a part of it is mutual trust as well that u do not take advantage of their policy and do a false claim. If they find it suspicious, they might call everjoint or the rest to check bah.

deposit i cannot rmb wat's the min. we paid above min, abt 50%

Sat, 26/6/2010

too tired to update last night, because we went to so many places yesterday - came back and drop dead!

GR Link

finally brought hubby to GR Link, and placed deposit on the kitchen sink. Benny has so kindly kept it for me for several months even though I had not even placed any deposit for it! As for other items, we will have to collect the keys to see the house physically before deciding.

Lightings.com

again very pleasant salesman there, who patiently went through many aspects of lighting that we have never known. Their pricing are indeed cheaper than a few others are balestier, but I find the range a bit limited. May end up getting downlights from them only. I do like the LED down light too.

Did not order anything yet, waiting for design colour scheme etc confirmed before proceeding, but on the whole, enjoyed the visit and learnt alot.

Mega discount

again a very fruitful experience. Spoke with 2 salesman, both are patient and extremely knowledeable. Managed somewhat to convince hubby that a 55" TV is way too big for our hall, but let's hope it stays this way bc we have not booked.

As in GAB, the kitchen salesman also promoting Brandt everything - hob, hood, oven, dryer. Now I am all confused?? But he is not hard selling or trying to ask me to buy higher end. On the other end, he was trying to "help me save" by recommending Brandt, because the Electrolux I had my mind on was more pricey.

I asked about the pyrolytic oven being hot, and damaging the cables etc, but he straightaway said "no, not hot". The heat only escapes from the front of the oven. He said he has been to oven demo, and personally experienced that.

And they did mention the lowest price policy, just like what Sam said.

Saw in yesterdays papers where the samsung TV is cheaper in Audio House and Harvey Norman, so may have to do more TV price comparison before committing.

What a fruitful day for u, running so many places. We went jb to look for furnitures but bought nothing. Prices almost or even higher as compared to sin. Maybe becos we were looking for leather sofa. :(

We also very cautious in buying big amount items, compare and compare then commit. :D