Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Hi Flameday

You are Fernvale Vista too? You already renovating?

Ya lor, I was absolutely "disgusted" when I saw the kitchen on site. So miserable, think i will suffocate working in there ! Was thankful my layout is such I can extend kitchen, those who has their entrance door next to next to kitchen can't do that. So heng ah

No chef lah, ha ha, still trying hard to be one :P

Hi Froggy,

We have similar kitchen layout over in Fernvale Court and we can't extend cos the entrance is next to the kitchen! Workspace is really pathetic but it's still ok if you are a light cooker..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
soon it would be lots more pages...like mine lor...initially i machiam talking to myself. then lilith, zelly, el & angteko and others all come and make my blog so interesting....way before my reno start....haha...now england calls me champion wor...so u prepared to take over the title? ;)

no la, sammy jie

don't dare to challenge you lei!

but it's true, more people visit, chat chat, make blog more interesting and fun, besides the learning and info sharing

so everyone - all are welcome hor

Hi Froggy,

We have similar kitchen layout over in Fernvale Court and we can't extend cos the entrance is next to the kitchen! Workspace is really pathetic but it's still ok if you are a light cooker..

ya, absolutely know what u mean. actually not that i am a heavy cooker, just do simple meals for my family, but to me, foyer is just a link to walk from door to living room, so don't need so big. better have a more functional kitchen iin case got mood, can cook big time and invite relatives over.

actually now headache whether i should have more worktop space or more storage space? Despite the extension, still like not enough. Maybe I have been spoilt, have such a BIG kitchen in my current flat! So sad

ya, absolutely know what u mean. actually not that i am a heavy cooker, just do simple meals for my family, but to me, foyer is just a link to walk from door to living room, so don't need so big. better have a more functional kitchen iin case got mood, can cook big time and invite relatives over.

actually now headache whether i should have more worktop space or more storage space? Despite the extension, still like not enough. Maybe I have been spoilt, have such a BIG kitchen in my current flat! So sad

More workspace.. Esp if you bake a lot.. rolling dough and stuff.. :D

Storage wise you can always re-organise your existing stuff, or throw old stuff away to create space for new stuff in the cupboards.. But once you allocate your workspace that's it.. you can't add more worktop even if you want to..

Storage wise you can always re-organise your existing stuff, or throw old stuff away to create space for new stuff in the cupboards.. But once you allocate your workspace that's it.. you can't add more worktop even if you want to..

hmm.. good point ... i was just thinking to convert the small worktop space between the oven and dish draining tray to a full height storage, because the space is so small for a proper working space, but if convert to storage, can create alot of storage. what do you think?

img567.jpg

so froggy, who are u choosing as ur ID or contractor? I see ur signature saying it's 99% finalised... :)

so froggy, who are u choosing as ur ID or contractor? I see ur signature saying it's 99% finalised... :)

yup, still 99% as of now. Will announce once I sign ... must be very careful before signing, recently signed a document that gave me nightmare!

yup, still 99% as of now. Will announce once I sign ... must be very careful before signing, recently signed a document that gave me nightmare!

u're the ID Liao. Juz need to get contractor do for u can Liao. :D

Look at yr sketches, I can't sketch those drawings lor.. :P

Yea I agree with JandG too.

The kitchen is actually very small already. If add in more and more cabinets you will feel like you are cooking in a sumarine. :jail:

The kitchen is actually very small already. If add in more and more cabinets you will feel like you are cooking in a sumarine. :jail:

ha ha, that will be scary man! ok, mind set about that then - more table space rather than cabinet space. :yamseng:

u're the ID Liao. Juz need to get contractor do for u can Liao. :D

Look at yr sketches, I can't sketch those drawings lor.. :P

Hi thanks, Insane. but seriously, these drawing are not hard to draw, just start trying and very soon you can draw even nicer than these "kiddy' and unproportional ones. You got floor plan already right, so can start sketching away ... I starte my first draft when I booked my flat 2+ years ago, can you imagine how kiasu I can be? :D

Lucky lucky you! can extend. I am one of those that cannot :(

In the end we opt for storage space instead of table top since we own a fair share of stuff. ahahhaa

My kitchen is super cramped but what to do?

today did more recee.

went down to blum to find out more. Saw their brochure/price list previously and was quite confused by the amount of variations there are in what I thought was such a straight forward thing - drawer and cabinets!

Finally now I understood why everyone says that blum is expensive. But actually the hinges are ok, it's the drawer and runners system that costs alot, and of course the best is servos, but priciest too!

will prob go for carpentry drawers but just add blum runners with blumotion to cut cost.

those of you who have had blum, can i check what kinds of things you put in the 30kg / 50kg? For the full extension at 500mm, the difference in price between the 30kg and 50kg is about $11, so I am tempted to just do all 50kg load.

Anyone of you used very wide drawers? Like 700 to 900mm?

Just loved the organising system they have, but can't afford! btw, read somewhere that the pricelist had not been available for a while? If you need that, go down and grab one before they run out again!

today did more recee.

went down to blum to find out more. Saw their brochure/price list previously and was quite confused by the amount of variations there are in what I thought was such a straight forward thing - drawer and cabinets!

Finally now I understood why everyone says that blum is expensive. But actually the hinges are ok, it's the drawer and runners system that costs alot, and of course the best is servos, but priciest too!

will prob go for carpentry drawers but just add blum runners with blumotion to cut cost.

those of you who have had blum, can i check what kinds of things you put in the 30kg / 50kg? For the full extension at 500mm, the difference in price between the 30kg and 50kg is about $11, so I am tempted to just do all 50kg load.

Anyone of you used very wide drawers? Like 700 to 900mm?

Just loved the organising system they have, but can't afford! btw, read somewhere that the pricelist had not been available for a while? If you need that, go down and grab one before they run out again!

im getting the runner system; full extension for my 3 drawers in the kitchen. 1 set 30kg, 2 set 50kg. Normally the first drawer will be used to put cutlery etc. Don think need to get 50kg one. Rest of the cabinets also blum, eh basically i blumed the whole house! :D

im getting the runner system; full extension for my 3 drawers in the kitchen. 1 set 30kg, 2 set 50kg. Normally the first drawer will be used to put cutlery etc. Don think need to get 50kg one. Rest of the cabinets also blum, eh basically i blumed the whole house! :D

If first drawer is for cutlery, what is the height of the other two drawers below? i wanted to put crockery below the cutlery one, if two drawers, like too small to put much, if 1 drawer, seems quite high??