Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

in the carpentry stage now. hopefully can complete by this week. you wanna see this weekend?

yes, would love to. when is convenient?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

same layout/arrangement for the sofa, piano and dinning table as your that i intent to have for my unit which is coming very soon.

Edited by kiddboy

same layout/arrangement for the sofa, piano and dinning table as your that i intent to have for my unit which is coming very soon.

Hi Kiddboy

Guess for a standard HDB flat, no much variation is possible, so visit every house quite similar. Only the reno and colour coordination etc will make the difference.

You planning to do kitchen extension also? And glass? Also sengkang?

No updates for a while because no happening, except recee here and there for appliances.

So angry with myself for missing out the electrolux warehouse sale over the weekend! :angry:

So went down to harvey today, and saw 3 models. Can experienced folks please advice:

electroluxoven.jpg

All 3 have same capacity at 52litre.

(sorry maybe a bit confused, but I am comparing the models 53000, 31001 and 35000 (pyro, not in the picture but same features as 31001)

All Germany made.

All 3 layers glass.

3 models are

EOB 53000

* 8 cooking functions (see attached list), but compared with other two, this one has 2 extra (convection with ring heat for 3-level baking which works like a top/bottom/fan, pizza setting with bottom heat and fan).

*manual cleaning

EOB 31001

* has top + bottom + fan. (this is supposed to allow 2 layers baking, while above model allows 3 layers baking)

* no pizza, but has bottom heat only, which I thought is similar.

* manual cleaning

EOB 35000

* same features are EOB 31001, except this one has pyrolytic function. ie self cleaning by burning deposits into ashes at 500C, so just need to clean ashes after the self cleaning cycle.

I was actually eyeing the 53000 but thought the 35000 is good because of the self cleaning function.

But being self cleaning, it definitely means more electricity consumption(for 35000) because need to let it self clean at 500C for about 2 hours each cycle. So should I pay more for that or just make do with cleaning manually?

Also to do the pyro cleaning, temp is high at 500C. I am also worried if that temp will damage the cabinets in the long term. So maybe it does not justify taking so much risks just bc i am lazy to clean manually?

Of course another option is to get the 35000 pyro self cleaning model, but don't use the pyro function unless i do major grilling, but sounds a bit stupid to pay more but don't use the feature right?

Price aside, do you have any advice for me before i commit?

* Do you think the pizza function is important? Or is the bottom heat the same as one specifically stated as pizza function?

* Similarly is top/bottom/fan the same as convention plus ring heat element? Since the purpose is multi level baking right?

Headache headache

Edited by froggy

No updates for a while because no happening, except recee here and there for appliances.

So angry with myself for missing out the electrolux warehouse sale over the weekend! :angry:

So went down to harvey today, and saw 3 models. Can experienced folks please advice:

electroluxoven.jpg

All 3 have same capacity at 52litre.

(sorry maybe a bit confused, but I am comparing the models 53000, 31001 and 35000 (pyro, not in the picture but same features as 31001)

All Germany made.

All 3 layers glass.

3 models are

EOB 53000

* 8 cooking functions (see attached list), but compared with other two, this one has 2 extra (convection with ring heat for 3-level baking which works like a top/bottom/fan, pizza setting with bottom heat and fan).

*manual cleaning

EOB 31001

* has top + bottom + fan. (this is supposed to allow 2 layers baking, while above model allows 3 layers baking)

* no pizza, but has bottom heat only, which I thought is similar.

* manual cleaning

EOB 35000

* same features are EOB 31001, except this one has pyrolytic function. ie self cleaning by burning deposits into ashes at 500C, so just need to clean ashes after the self cleaning cycle.

I was actually eyeing the 53000 but thought the 35000 is good because of the self cleaning function.

But being self cleaning, it definitely means more electricity consumption(for 35000) because need to let it self clean at 500C for about 2 hours each cycle. So should I pay more for that or just make do with cleaning manually?

Also to do the pyro cleaning, temp is high at 500C. I am also worried if that temp will damage the cabinets in the long term. So maybe it does not justify taking so much risks just bc i am lazy to clean manually?

Of course another option is to get the 35000 pyro self cleaning model, but don't use the pyro function unless i do major grilling, but sounds a bit stupid to pay more but don't use the feature right?

Price aside, do you have any advice for me before i commit?

* Do you think the pizza function is important? Or is the bottom heat the same as one specifically stated as pizza function?

* Similarly is top/bottom/fan the same as convention plus ring heat element? Since the purpose is multi level baking right?

Headache headache

For 35000, my only worry is as this is a built in oven the self cleaning temp. of 500C will actually melt your cable behind. Have not experience it yet but best to ask the sale person or anyone used that before.

For 35000, my only worry is as this is a built in oven the self cleaning temp. of 500C will actually melt your cable behind. Have not experience it yet but best to ask the sale person or anyone used that before.

yup, that was my worry about pyro also. The salesman of course said no prob one lah ...

Anyone with pyro oven can comment?

I would think manual cleaning would be enough...IMHO...not worth paying more, I dun think u will use this function often as it means more electrical consumption = more $$ and also the risk of your cabinets....that cost more.... :unsure:

I would think manual cleaning would be enough...IMHO...not worth paying more, I dun think u will use this function often as it means more electrical consumption = more $$ and also the risk of your cabinets....that cost more.... :unsure:

Hi Samgalz

you read my dilemma exactly. think i will just get a manual cleaning one and save some $$

hmm .. actually i am amaze how you can read so fast and be in diff discussion all the same time! No wonder people call you sammi jie! For me, very hard to follow up on a discussion - i will post something, then forgot i posted something in that thread ... though i log in everyday, and almost all day too! :P

thanks!

Hi Samgalz

you read my dilemma exactly. think i will just get a manual cleaning one and save some $$

hmm .. actually i am amaze how you can read so fast and be in diff discussion all the same time! No wonder people call you sammi jie! For me, very hard to follow up on a discussion - i will post something, then forgot i posted something in that thread ... though i log in everyday, and almost all day too! :P

thanks!

haha...i open in different tabs the post i want to read lor. i not super woman lah....

haha...i open in different tabs the post i want to read lor. i not super woman lah....

froggy, dun worry. any help needed just shout for sammy jie, she will be there to ans in no time.... :D

froggy, dun worry. any help needed just shout for sammy jie, she will be there to ans in no time.... :D

wey joseeng, u all keep helping me "advertise", i very bo eng liao lor.... :o

froggy, i will help if i can...

i only "advertise" capable and helpful people like you mah....hehe

Nice idea of extending your kitchen. I'm guessing you must be quote a great chef! :P

I have to say the kitchen layout for the fernvale vista flats are quite a small and odd shape.

Giving me quite a headache to plan my kitchen layout.

Haiz ....

thanks thanks, Samgalz

will def shout for SOS when i need you!