Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

today did more recee.

went down to blum to find out more. Saw their brochure/price list previously and was quite confused by the amount of variations there are in what I thought was such a straight forward thing - drawer and cabinets!

Finally now I understood why everyone says that blum is expensive. But actually the hinges are ok, it's the drawer and runners system that costs alot, and of course the best is servos, but priciest too!

will prob go for carpentry drawers but just add blum runners with blumotion to cut cost.

those of you who have had blum, can i check what kinds of things you put in the 30kg / 50kg? For the full extension at 500mm, the difference in price between the 30kg and 50kg is about $11, so I am tempted to just do all 50kg load.

Anyone of you used very wide drawers? Like 700 to 900mm?

Just loved the organising system they have, but can't afford! btw, read somewhere that the pricelist had not been available for a while? If you need that, go down and grab one before they run out again!

wow Blum...how I wish I had budget for tt.luckily Id giving us soft closing system to replicate Blum...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
If first drawer is for cutlery, what is the height of the other two drawers below? i wanted to put crockery below the cutlery one, if two drawers, like too small to put much, if 1 drawer, seems quite high??

duno whats the height, should b standard one rite? unless special request. the kitchen I've seen mostly r 3 drawers.

duno whats the height, should b standard one rite? unless special request. the kitchen I've seen mostly r 3 drawers.

ya, usually they give 3 drawers, but I find 3 drawers exactly the same size not practical, though may be pleasing aesthetically.

I would prefer to be sure what I want to use the drawers/cabinets for, then make to size to cater to the largest of that item, as far as space allows.

wow Blum...how I wish I had budget for tt.luckily Id giving us soft closing system to replicate Blum...

Hi 15may

actually if you are not doing alot of drawers, it is not really that costly to do blum. Their hinges are only around $2 each. The drawers are more costly. For eg, a set of full extension tandem runner system (ie use only blum runners, but you get carpenter to fabricate the drawer) costs $45 (30kg) or $62 (50kg). multiply that by the number of drawers you want to have. So unless you are going to have all drawers, then price is not that much difference, imho.

ya, usually they give 3 drawers, but I find 3 drawers exactly the same size not practical, though may be pleasing aesthetically.

I would prefer to be sure what I want to use the drawers/cabinets for, then make to size to cater to the largest of that item, as far as space allows.

talk to yr contractor see what he say.. or first drawer make shorter height since its for cutlery, then the bottom 2 can do abit higher?

Blum is a muz have! :P

get the runner tracks instead of the drawers to save some cost. Ask yr ID throw in free for you?

Drop by their showroom at ubi and try them out. Too bad i don't have the budget, if not, will confirm go for the servo drive!

decided to swap position for fridge and cooking area. new pix here. any comments on the practical/workability aspects?

img577.jpg

img578.jpg

Since this is my t-blog, thought I should document all here. In years to come, I can hopefully return this blog and re-live the excitement of this adventure ...

Mon, 14/6/2010

Tomorrow will be a big day for us. We will be moving out of our house of 13 years, and into a rental room :( , hopefully for 2 months while our new flat is undergoing renovation! Meanwhile, all our stuff will be stored in Big Orange - we decided to get 2 smaller aircon units instead of 1 big non-aircon one, since we will be storing the piano. I am also hoping that my girls can do their piano practice from there!

Had been spending days and weeks packing, too busy to think. But this evening, as the sun was setting and the sky was the usual beautiful bright red, we couldn't help feeling such nostalgia, as we look out of the windows and enjoying the fantastic unblocked view for the last few times. We had had so many national day gatherings here, because of the "live" fireworks display that can be seen clearly in our house, the helicopter hoovering past with the flag. All these despite being next to the main road, with it's busy traffic during peak hours, despite the sounds of the school bells and the voices of children in the school next "door" , or the shouting and chattering of the big boys in the basketball court right next to my block. Sure going to miss all these ...

So all three of us, for the first time since we moved in 13 years ago :D , opened the window grilles and started clicking away. We just realised today how different the view can be without being blocked by the grilles. How I wish I had a more professional camera, or some kind of wide screen lens to capture it all!

I practically cooked a feast tonight, since there was still so much food in the fridge and we had to clear everything before the movers come in! Ouch, now my stomach hurts from over-eating ... :bangwall:

Going to miss the big space too - downgrading from an EA (146) to a 4-room (90). Still not sure how i am going to do it - there are just so many things that I can't bear to throw - so many sentimental things! Esp my children's art work, there are boxes and boxes of those!

Just two weeks ago, we had given away some of our furniture to the salvation army, and disposed many more of the not-so-good ones. Wow, I did not know we have to pay to dispose before this!

So that's all for a start - think i should go get some sleep because I expect to run like a mad dog, making a few trips to and fro tomorrow!

My turn will come in a few weeks time. :( We shifting from 4 room to 4 room.

I'm sure when u see ur sui sui hse, u will feel that 4 room is nt too bad after all. Easier cleaning. :good: Take care! My fellow SK lady. :)

me aso shifting from EA to 4rm. i packed 54 boxes and there are more thing yet to be packed at my MIL place. am dreading the unpacking and I'm pretty sure we need to throw more things. will c how when the time comes.

Hi Froggy,

Welcome to the Fernvale neighbourhood.

You may be moving to a smaller house but a nice new environment.

Many developments are going on in this area.

I can see many units going up concurrently and the Greenwich V project down by the Yeo Chu Kang Rd.

Just yesterday it was announced that there will be sports hall to be built in Jalan Kayu. :sport-smiley-003:

This area will soon be a bursting with life! :dancingqueen:

Hi froggy,

I'm sure you will miss the space as I had the same experience 2 years ago. I moved from a 151 sqm EM to a 110 sqm 5 Room and I actually dispose of almost 2/3 of my stuffs. After staying here for 1+ year, I'm moving again and back to a 141 sqm EA as my family feel so cramp in the 5 room. I actually still have 6 boxes of unopen stuffs sitting at friend's warehouse (luckly don't have to pay for rent for this). I didn't pay anything for disposing off my stuff, I get a guy so called karang-guni (not sure if he is) to remove all the stuffs for me and understand that he sells whatever he can and throw the rest.

Hi froggy

For blum drawer, avoid installing S1 drawer, S2 & above is ok. I find mine, S1 height a bit too low. Wanna to change to S2 but unable too as carpentry works is done.

Hi froggy,

I'm from FV1 as well. You still managed to extend your kitchen!! for mine i just try to do all cupboards at the kitchen and place the fridge in the living rm!! hahaha... no choice.