Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Hi everyone

Good to know that I am not alone!

Sure look forward to any development coming our way at Fernvale! There is still the big plot of empty land next to the temple, hope they put that to good use!

Thanks folks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Fri, 18 June 2010

Review of Movers

For the last few days, life had been a mad rush, tranporting things between old house, rental house and Big Orange.

On the other hand, since I have not had my internet hooked, life had become on a standstill. I couldn't do my daily RT reading in the nights - that was tough!

Anyway, on the day of the move, 15/6, there was heavy rain in the morning. Because of that, moving was delayed for a few hours. Nonetheless, the team was very efficient and managed clear whatever they were supposed to quickly - making a total of 2 trips to Big Orange, 1 detour to my rental place.

Good points

* team spirit very high amongst movers. There was no "snaking" among them, and the younger ones taking care of the slightly older movers.

* they were careful with my stuff. Wrapped up the items as appropriate. Movers were all "gentle' with my things.

* seems to have no limit to the number of boxes provided

Not so good points

* came late (but could be due to rain and traffic jam?)

* some of the boxes were wet because they were left in the open for too long. I thought they could have left them in the void deck and briing them to the open when ready to load.

* they promised a 16feet truck, but a 14feet came.

* As a result had to do 2 trips because they were not willing to stack too high. Their reason being things will topple when the truck makes a turn and my stuff may be damaged. So 2 trips means $ spent x2.

Just curious - how big a truck were you given for moving? What's the biggest size?

will post some pix of the move later.

As promised, pictures taken during moving

froggy being wrapped

loading the piano

mr strongman

Edited by froggy

Just wanted to add another negative experience with the mover.

Today the boss called to say cheque bounced. I was shocked, but said I will check immediately. Realised that I had issued some cheques previously for the rental, which landlord had not deposited, so I overlooked that I had insufficient in the account. Anycase, I called him right away to apologise, and said I had transferred funds into account. As advised by the bank, I wanted to tell him that they will return him an image of the cheque, which he can re-submit in a few days. But he kept interrupting me, saying I am like some other customers, who give empty cheque and in the end, he could not collect his $$. And he hang up the phone.

I called back, feeling uneasy about being misunderstood and wanting to explain to him properly. I asked if he can wait till next week to recieve the cheque image from the bank, but he insisted I pay him cash. I tried to explain that there will be charges on my part if I cancel a cheque, and again tried to ask nicely if he could wait a few days. Again he rudely said don't try to run away because he knows where I store my things and can just cart away some stuff if he did !not receive payment. And again hung up the phone. This is followed by an sms from him saying that if I don't pay him cash next day, he will go report to police!

I kept trying to explain that I can understand his situation, about bad experiences and non-payment etc, but he refused to listen. Any case, I said if I really want to run away, i would not have bothered to pick up his calls or even call him to explain. Exasperated, I called his office to explain, and his staff immediately understood and said ok, and told me that the boss has very bad temperament and has "scolded" many clients before. Anyway she said she will explain to her boss.

Half an hour later, he called again, said ok he will wait till next week, but I was just too taken aback by such attitude. Ya, of course, i know where he is coming from, but surely he does not need to threaten with police? Anyway, decided to pay him cash and close the case. But definitely won't dare to use him again in future, even though he later did sms to apologise for being rude.

What a terrible experience! To think that I was overall happy with the move and was chatting happily with his team just few days back!

Edited by froggy

Just wanted to add another negative experience with the mover.

Today the boss called to say cheque bounced. I was shocked, but said I will check immediately. Realised that I had issued some cheques previously for the rental, which tenant had not deposited, so I overlooked that I had insufficient in the account. Anycase, I called him right away to apologise, and said I had transferred funds into account. As advised by the bank, I wanted to tell him that they will return him an image of the cheque, which he can re-submit in a few days. But he kept interrupting me, saying I am like some other customers, who give empty cheque and in the end, he could not collect his $$. And he hang up the phone.

I called back, feeling uneasy about being misunderstood and wanting to explain to him properly. I asked if he can wait till next week to recieve the cheque image from the bank, but he insisted I pay him cash. I tried to explain that there will be charges on my part if I cancel a cheque, and again tried to ask nicely if he could wait a few days. Again he rudely said don't try to run away because he knows where I store my things and can just cart away some stuff if he did !not receive payment. And again hung up the phone. This is followed by an sms from him saying that if I don't pay him cash next day, he will go report to police!

I kept trying to explain that I can understand his situation, about bad experiences and non-payment etc, but he refused to listen. Any case, I said if I really want to run away, i would not have bothered to pick up his calls or even call him to explain. Exasperated, I called his office to explain, and his staff immediately understood and said ok, and told me that the boss has very bad temperament and has "scolded" many clients before. Anyway she said she will explain to her boss.

Oh Boy! :(

Half an hour later, he called again, said ok he will wait till next week, but I was just too taken aback by such attitude. Ya, of course, i know where he is coming from, but surely he does not need to threaten with police? Anyway, decided to pay him cash and close the case. But definitely won't dare to use him again in future, even though he later did sms to apologise for being rude.

What a terrible experience! To think that I was overall happy with the move and was chatting happily with his team just few days back!

Guest kksiong
Fri, 18 June 2010

Review of Movers

For the last few days, life had been a mad rush, tranporting things between old house, rental house and Big Orange.

On the other hand, since I have not had my internet hooked, life had become on a standstill. I couldn't do my daily RT reading in the nights - that was tough!

Anyway, on the day of the move, 15/6, there was heavy rain in the morning. Because of that, moving was delayed for a few hours. Nonetheless, the team was very efficient and managed clear whatever they were supposed to quickly - making a total of 2 trips to Big Orange, 1 detour to my rental place.

Good points

* team spirit very high amongst movers. There was no "snaking" among them, and the younger ones taking care of the slightly older movers.

* they were careful with my stuff. Wrapped up the items as appropriate. Movers were all "gentle' with my things.

* seems to have no limit to the number of boxes provided

Not so good points

* came late (but could be due to rain and traffic jam?)

* some of the boxes were wet because they were left in the open for too long. I thought they could have left them in the void deck and briing them to the open when ready to load.

* they promised a 16feet truck, but a 14feet came.

* As a result had to do 2 trips because they were not willing to stack too high. Their reason being things will topple when the truck makes a turn and my stuff may be damaged. So 2 trips means $ spent x2.

Just curious - how big a truck were you given for moving? What's the biggest size?

will post some pix of the move later.

how much do u pay for the movers

how much do u pay for the movers

Hi am back again after so many days without internet connection. Really sick with singtel and its lack of efficiency to resolve problems!

anyway,

$280 per trip (ended up have to make 2 trips bc they said not advisable to stack too high)

$80 forpiano

$30 for second location.

So total $630

Is this super expensive? I did not make comparison before because this was recommended by the warehouse storage company. But after this experience, I definitely need to relook for another mover for the next move 3 months later. Any recommendations?

some recommended helping hands. u are sort of doing charity work at the same time cos u are helping ex convicts.

some recommended helping hands. u are sort of doing charity work at the same time cos u are helping ex convicts.

Hi Sam

do u know if they can handle piano? Bc i was told that some movers do not want to do piano.

btw any contact number off hand?

Hi Sam

do u know if they can handle piano? Bc i was told that some movers do not want to do piano.

btw any contact number off hand?

dunno abt piano, u might need to check it out with them.

www.helpinghand.com.sg

Wed, 23/6/2010

So excited now. Tomorrow will be our second appt with HDB, and hopefully we will be able to get keys to our place in another week!

All of a sudden, i felt that I am falling behind schedule! :o Though I have in mind the main items I wanted, nothing (other than the bedframe) had been booked. So looks like i will have to go speedy mode from tomorrow onwards.

These are what I will be purchasing, after months of research, both online (esp RT), as well as physically visiting the shops/showrooms etc

KITCHEN

hood - fujioh 900

hob - fujioh FG 773 SVGL (decided I needed the safety valve, so had to forego the inner flame. rinnai is beyond my reach)

oven - electrolux EOB53000X

Sink - eyeing one from GR Link - will go down tomorrow to confirm, also get a tap (this one I'm not particular, as long as high enough)

Pull out sauce basket - Song Cho

Service yard sink - bellari

AIRCON

still deciding between a mitsubishi system 4 invertor vs system 3 invertor + single. will meet up with another aircon supplier tomorrow. Will need to decide fast, assuming I get my keys next week!

LIGHTS n FANS

this one totally zero idea. maybe pop by lighting.com when i go to GR link

HALL - still can wait

sofa - likely the fabric 3 seater recliner from Lorenzo

TV system - hubby wants a 50" LED, that's his baby ..

TV console - will pay Hommage/S&C a visit next few days

Shoe Rack - "

TOILET

Basin - will prob get from GR link also for better discount

Taps

Towel Rail

Accessories

CHILDREN'S BEDROOM - will order towards the end of reno

bedframe has been ordered

need to get mattress

wardrobe

maybe side table? not sure if there is still space?

CHILDREN'S STUDY ROOM - will order these towards the end of reno

study table

computer table

chairs

book shelves

what else did i miss out?

Wed, 23/6/2010

So excited now. Tomorrow will be our second appt with HDB, and hopefully we will be able to get keys to our place in another week!

All of a sudden, i felt that I am falling behind schedule! :o Though I have in mind the main items I wanted, nothing (other than the bedframe) had been booked. So looks like i will have to go speedy mode from tomorrow onwards.

These are what I will be purchasing, after months of research, both online (esp RT), as well as physically visiting the shops/showrooms etc

KITCHEN

hood - fujioh 900

hob - fujioh FG 773 SVGL (decided I needed the safety valve, so had to forego the inner flame. rinnai is beyond my reach)

oven - electrolux EOB53000X

Sink - eyeing one from GR Link - will go down tomorrow to confirm, also get a tap (this one I'm not particular, as long as high enough)

Pull out sauce basket - Song Cho

Service yard sink - bellari

AIRCON

still deciding between a mitsubishi system 4 invertor vs system 3 invertor + single. will meet up with another aircon supplier tomorrow. Will need to decide fast, assuming I get my keys next week!

LIGHTS n FANS

this one totally zero idea. maybe pop by lighting.com when i go to GR link

HALL - still can wait

sofa - likely the fabric 3 seater recliner from Lorenzo

TV system - hubby wants a 50" LED, that's his baby ..

TV console - will pay Hommage/S&C a visit next few days

Shoe Rack - "

TOILET

Basin - will prob get from GR link also for better discount

Taps

Towel Rail

Accessories

CHILDREN'S BEDROOM - will order towards the end of reno

bedframe has been ordered

need to get mattress

wardrobe

maybe side table? not sure if there is still space?

CHILDREN'S STUDY ROOM - will order these towards the end of reno

study table

computer table

chairs

book shelves

what else did i miss out?

Hi! no wonder didnt 'see' u ard in RT. Went to Furniture Mall today. Lorenzo having sale, i think becos of GSS. Choose black or white sofa 3 seater + 2 seater will get $1k. We didnt like anything there so didnt ask. Mayb u can call them.

For some of the things we are also waiting to shift in then buy, scared later not enough space.

50" LED! :bow:

the price is :jawdrop:

I may have to downgrade to getting LCD. Budget burst liao. Still working out see where can cut some cost...

50" LED! :bow:

the price is :jawdrop:

I may have to downgrade to getting LCD. Budget burst liao. Still working out see where can cut some cost...

ya i see the 42" LED already faintz. u somemore going for 50"....