Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Thanks, Matashi and Froggy, for replies.

Mega Discount Store....1st time I'm hearing it. Definitely gonna check it out.

Is it true that Harvey at Millenia Walk has most displays and better prices than other Harveys? I went to the one at Jurong Point....not too comprehensive.

Yup yes we are considering 46" LED TV. Samsung has nice models. After seeing LED's slimness, we suddenly find LCD TVs very ugly! Haha.

Oh saw series 9 selling at $12888. I think that's the "real" LED TV, not the same as series 8 and downwards. 7.98mm thick only. *deep breath*

Something to share though: 3D is available from series 7 and upwards. We saw one selling at $2800 (Gain City IMM). Forgot to take note of the size. Good deal imo cos throw in 3D bluray player...3D starter kit....wall mount brkts...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is it true that Harvey at Millenia Walk has most displays and better prices than other Harveys? I went to the one at Jurong Point....not too comprehensive.

Yup yes we are considering 46" LED TV. Samsung has nice models. After seeing LED's slimness, we suddenly find LCD TVs very ugly! Haha.

Oh saw series 9 selling at $12888. I think that's the "real" LED TV, not the same as series 8 and downwards. 7.98mm thick only. *deep breath*

Something to share though: 3D is available from series 7 and upwards. We saw one selling at $2800 (Gain City IMM). Forgot to take note of the size. Good deal imo cos throw in 3D bluray player...3D starter kit....wall mount brkts...

actually i went harvey, best, courts, audio house and mega to see all available TVs. harvey at millenia seems to have most on display lah.

as for the 3D bluray player, i would choose not to have it first as you know electronics get red card very fast. wait for the competitors to come start war with samsung and price settle down liao then buy will get you the most worth player you can get with competitive price ;)

for now, TV is something i cannot live without. so bo bian have to buy

Any1 went to Gain City @ expo sale? Maybe got better deals there?

hey will be heading there this afternoon. let you know :D

I think all Harveys market their goods at same price, just that i find the salespeople at Millenia more knowledgeable.

BTW now having taken our keys and physically seeing the house, I think even 46" is too big for our tv liao. So need to go price comparson for the 40" :bangwall:

Anyone who have done that comparison for 40" at different shops before?

Katie

I remember teh salesman at BEST saying that for series 8, these things will be thrown in FOC. So he said if comparing Series 7 and 8, 8 is a better buy, think also come with extended warranty. But do double check, I just heard but did not really register bc not interested in that.

i think it depends where u planning to put your air con. i put mine on top of my tv console so trunking all inside the rooms. Rooms air con all on top of the doors, master bedroom on tol of air con window for minimal trunkin

so did you manage to put the 2 compressors in the ledge? or have to mount one unit?

hey hey, have not even congratulate you on getting yr keys! must be so exciting huh? i know... am yours truly collecting on the 8 Jul. haha

thanks neomesis .. and that's not too long too! You must be getting really excited!

aaron putt right. i will always remember his surname cause sure is unique man. modest and non-pushy. tat's the best part about him.

how's the other aircon contractor?

did you get from him too? Mind sharing his quote? You can pm me if that is better.

yea, yr contractor is a responsible person by allowing sufficient time for the marble to cure. otherwise, there may be the associative problems with marble.

otherwise, you can ask your contractor if he has work with fast-setting adhesive before? using fast-set will speed up the works. compare to normal setting which takes 21 days to cure, fast-setting only requires 3 days for marble. however, he has to use the correct fast-setting adhesive and is more pricier too. some "cheong" adhesive that claims that they are fast-setting is actually because of its more ordinary portland cement content in the bag. anywayz, that's talking shop. unless you want to, then maybe i will share with you again.

thanks, marble-expert. can ask you something else? How do you tell if a marble is porous or not? By knocking or by sight? Also what is the implication of it being porous anyway?

don't worry.. you're not the only one getting twisted.

it helps that i learn some autocad and solidedge. even then, i finding it too exhaustive to learn, let alone you. ha

ha ha, i got received my 3d from the contractor, so no need to try already. Think better spend my energy on other things lah

thanks neomesis .. and that's not too long too! You must be getting really excited!

did you get from him too? Mind sharing his quote? You can pm me if that is better.

thanks, marble-expert. can ask you something else? How do you tell if a marble is porous or not? By knocking or by sight? Also what is the implication of it being porous anyway?

ha ha, i got received my 3d from the contractor, so no need to try already. Think better spend my energy on other things lah

3D? Show show show!

3D? Show show show!

ya ya, will scan and upload later. then hope comments will pour in, otherwise my turn to say "nobody reading my blog" liao :D

ya ya, will scan and upload later. then hope comments will pour in, otherwise my turn to say "nobody reading my blog" liao :D

yay got nice pic to see Liao .I surely will comment

so did you manage to put the 2 compressors in the ledge? or have to mount one unit?

Checked..managed to put 2 outside..but mine notinverter wan.my air con man say make no difference

Checked..managed to put 2 outside..but mine notinverter wan.my air con man say make no difference

what do you mean by no difference? bet inv and non-inv? how come?

and here's pictures galore!

first, the kitchen (side 1)

img587.jpg

honestly, I must say I was quite disappointed with the way the colour turn out. Not quite the bright vibrant orange that I had liked? But is it always like that? 3D print out colour different from the real one?

We had chosen beige laminate to go with the bright orange glass splash back, but the orange does not stand, and the beige looks white.

Now we are re-thinking if it is better to do cabinets in colour and use clear glass splash back instead. Any comments? My hubby keep saying that's the prob with no ID, so we have to be ID and think creative and do colour scheme

also find the glass back on the back wall (window) a bit weird - like the glass stopping in the middle of the wall. Wonder if can do whole wall colour? Dunno a bit overkill or not? Or maybe that whole wall don't do glass backing?

and this is the other side of kitchen

img588.jpg

the orange looks dark right? wonder if it's due to reflection from the black work top?

and finally, the mbr (without the headboard, there's supposed to be the ledge window above the chest of drawers)

img589.jpg

comments, please ... :D

Edited by froggy