Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

that's a 3D? Not cheap leh, now that he is convinced 55" is too big for our hall, he is diverting his attention to a 3D! And the two girls are on his side. But I think it's a wish only, just too $$ to afford at the moment, will prob settle for a 46" series 5

yo froggy, i heard the c6200 with 100hertz is going for $2790, i thinking change to that leh :D

not much diff from c5000 hor :P my hands start to itchy liao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yo froggy, i heard the c6200 with 100hertz is going for $2790, i thinking change to that leh :D

not much diff from c5000 hor :P my hands start to itchy liao

aiya for me 50hz and 100hz same same one, but anyway it's $300 more for that - other spec the same right? but series 6 still bo 3D - dunno when 3D tv price will drop to that figure??

wow you book already still hunting around for tv ah? For me, once I book I try not to see that thing already, in case later hand itchy want to change again

go lightings.com.sg but dunno is it cheaper or not

ha ha, also read many forumers' comments that lighting.com has the best price

aiya for me 50hz and 100hz same same one, but anyway it's $300 more for that - other spec the same right? but series 6 still bo 3D - dunno when 3D tv price will drop to that figure??

wow you book already still hunting around for tv ah? For me, once I book I try not to see that thing already, in case later hand itchy want to change again

ppl keep saying 100hz is better quality leh, i love watching high quality movies.

good thing about Mega is that they match price and also let you change whatever things before your delivery date :D

must make full use of that

ha ha, also read many forumers' comments that lighting.com has the best price

lighting.com have the match price policy

but hor every lightings shop i go seem to carry all diff design like that.

how to match price with diff design ah? lol

anyway if they dare to claim cheapest and so many forummers buy from them should be safe lah :P

Items such as Oven; was considering between Electolux against Ariston. Brandit & Bosch seemed to be the hot pick but rather costly IMHO. My rational was to keep it below $899, a basic oven, 3-layered glass door (child safety) to serve our needs; not that we're going to use it everyday prob max once or twice a month.

I narrowed down to electrolux 53000 (off my budget), however I remembered seeing it letting go at $899 ONCE at courts.. I'm still bargain hunting.. heh. else will likely be a 31001.

Are you satisified with your oven purchase? :)

I started wanting the Ariston openspace too, but read that their customer service sucks. That's very important to me, so with those comments means I will not consider things from mayer. Unless only they sell, then i guess no choice.

I find Bosch a little too high tech for my simple unsophisticated mind -- too many digital functions. I am old fashioned and like things with manual control. ha ha. Of course the price is a big minus factor too.

so for me, it was a hard fight between Brandt and Electrolux. Since i have also decided not to have a pyro or catalytic one, that leaves the entry level ovens, whcih are mostly 2 layer glass only. That's why in the end I picked Electrolux, albeit a higher end entry level one, for its 3 layer removable glass, though it comes at a slightly higher price tag than brandt's. Somehow i prefer German technology when it come to machines too.

$899 is a really good buy - I got mine from mega, can't remember exactly how much, but I think it's 900+! And I thought i got a good bargain! Maybe I should call them to match ...

sorry can't comment on the oven, still not laid hands on it yet, though i really can't wait for that day!

Likelywise, same rational for the soft-close system; Blum is nice to have but it's gonna rip a hole in my wallet. I'm cool with Excel, it's functional and served its purpose. One thing that Blum has tt others don't is their corner unit and sink unit as well as the inner drawer. Do you need the pricelist?

thanks, I do have the price list. The corner unit and inner drawers are very costly. I would have loved the servos too, but way too much. So only using blum runners on wooden drawers.

Yes, series 7 and above is a 3D, the more appealing and higher range ones are the new release 8000s and 9000s.

Just saw that Havey Norman has a citibank promo, UA-40C7000WM + 3D Bluray+ starter kit@ $4298, free $500 voucher (think can instant wavier) & 22" LCD TV. In a nutshell, you get an additional tv for $3798 40" LED set.

http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/promotions/promotions.php

shh ... dun let hubby know!

My fiancee wants a WIW, hence I was watching out for those 'pole-system' wardrobe. The best quote i get would costs some $1400. Edmund's able to do one for $1k. So, it's a bonus for me :)

As for the storage bed divan, I learnt that it will cost about $999 to get the one in your pic, it would definitely cost less with a mattress, but we are eyeing on Sealy. How much did you pay for yours?

Did you get it from absoulute bedding btw?

mine is from Aafrenz. Again can't remember how much per piece because I got a queen and 2 singles, salesman put lump sum $2197 - not getting mattress bc using existing one, but yes, it is more economical to get frame plus mattress, if you need one.

You can go to their showroom for a look, they are at Northstar, between Yio Chu Kang Rd and AMK Ave 5, but access to building via Serangoon North

ppl keep saying 100hz is better quality leh, i love watching high quality movies.

good thing about Mega is that they match price and also let you change whatever things before your delivery date :D

must make full use of that

you read the reply from dexufto? about harvey 40" series 7 promo, with a free 32" at 3k plus? Actually for another 1k, get 3D tv plus another free - maybe really good deal hor

but this series 7 is it the one that can convert 2D to 3D type?

lighting.com have the match price policy

but hor every lightings shop i go seem to carry all diff design like that.

how to match price with diff design ah? lol

anyway if they dare to claim cheapest and so many forummers buy from them should be safe lah :P

ha ha .. lights really hard to match. But do they have price matching policy for fan as well? I remember seeing fans at the shop too

Wow 25 seems like alot.

Can to share your how many downlights for each room? 11-6-4-4?

hall 5

mbr 4

rooms 8 each = 16

total 25

alot right? the 2 rooms are the killer, because no cove light so totally relying on the downlight. Actually I think no need so many, but 8 is because 2 per side. If only use 1 per side, sure not enough, if some walls 1 some walls 2, it may look uneven, so in the end we settle for 8 lor. You think it's overkill?

But I dont think we need to turn on all 8, maybe 4 will do, depending on which part of the room we are using. So the rest are for a complete look only

so u getting ur aircon mit sys 3 inverter. so i presume ur single split is non inverter? 18k is e recommended btu i heard from most a/c sales guy, so it's ok. mine is sys 4 inverter, 3x9k for 3 rms n 1x24k for hall, but if i turn on more than 2 fancoils inclusive of the 1 in living rm, the btu will drop too since it's shared, so it's e same.. can use, feel cool, then ok la. lol.. :D

furnitures like sofa, dining table shd not b a problem ba? wardrobe ah, ya true, trunking need to consider or else will b a v big headache..

25 dn lights?! tat's a lot!!

wow, 25 downlights! tat's a lot!

yup, single is non inverter. was told that savings not much for a single, so no point

yup, single is non inverter. was told that savings not much for a single, so no point

yup yup, cos usually e 1 in e hall will not b turn on unless there's a party / gathering, so usage wise is minimal. 8 dn lights per rm ah? e bed rm is not big, 8 dn lights dun u tink it's a bit.. too many? :unsure:

The rooms in our estate is actually very small.

IMO 2 downlights on 2 opposite sides should be sufficient.

The downlight in my judgement is based on those 2 bulb per downlight type.

If yours is just 1 bulb per downlight then maybe 8 isnt too much.

We can also check with 15fifteenmay after she has moved in. ;)

hall 5

mbr 4

rooms 8 each = 16

total 25

alot right? the 2 rooms are the killer, because no cove light so totally relying on the downlight. Actually I think no need so many, but 8 is because 2 per side. If only use 1 per side, sure not enough, if some walls 1 some walls 2, it may look uneven, so in the end we settle for 8 lor. You think it's overkill?

But I dont think we need to turn on all 8, maybe 4 will do, depending on which part of the room we are using. So the rest are for a complete look only

ha ha .. lights really hard to match. But do they have price matching policy for fan as well? I remember seeing fans at the shop too

i suppose price match for everything sold from the shop? :unsure:

wah, floppy, very chim leh .. but i will try to understand

ok, so for ceiling, best to do white or light colour. But if, say, we have false ceiling and cove light, ie ceiling is 2 heights, is there a way to make the "higher" ceiling look even taller and further away? ie is it a good idea to use 2 colours for the ceiling? If I use a lighter colour for the "lower ceiling" and a darker tone for the "higher ceiling", does it achieve that effect? Or vice versa?

sorry, I tried, but am totally lost amidst your explanation about wall colours in mbr. Do you mean to pick a colour for "headboard wall",then the other 3 walls of a darker tone of that first colour?

In this case, then means the headboard wall colour got to be light, otherwise the whole room will be really dark, isn't it?

oh, I thought it should be choose laminate colour first, then paint colour, and lastly bed frame colour?

chim? ok lah. you can read up on colour theory if you are keen as the ideals are well established and is design_module101 for all designer and art students. the colours' relationship are based on their respective position on the colour wheel.

if i have false ceiling and cove light, i will not use 2 colours for the ceiling, especially if the room concern is a small one. i want to create an impression that the ceiling is 'flushed', hence larger than it really is. using the same colour for both ceilings will help to do that. however, if you really insist on 2 colours, the higher' ceiling should have a lighter colour than the 'lower' one. then, the 'higher' ceiling will give the impression of raising further away from you (think of a dome or skylight, where the dome/skylight always feels lighter due to space and light).

with regard to the wall colours in the mbr, yes, that's what i mean.

there's no proper order involved, any solution is fine - if you know what you are doing. personally, i will go by this order:

1. identify the item i want to highlight or feature (could be the bed, the laminate or even the wall). in your case, you may have choosen the laminate.

2. choose the colours that go well with the highlight or feature (eg. laminate). identify the dominant colour of the feature and work out the complementary colours.

3. using the complementary colours as the guide, you can pick the wall colours, bed frame, colours, table lamps colours, etc easily.

Edited by floppy