Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

thx!

erm... wats the box at the left side for??? so this acts as our normal switch? need to switch on before we can use? or juz turn the plugs got power le?

zoom in for you.

eubiqzoom.jpg

it's a RJ45 socket. if i want to use lan cable, i can plug it in here. it's not a switch :D

just turn the plugs for power on. notice that the plug lights up when it's on?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
here you go, eubiq at my study area

eubiq.jpg

Hi Ossify

thanks! So the eubiq is connected to the switch on the right? ie once switch on, you can 'attach" as many plugs as you like into the strip? Like those conventional extension wires with multi-pins?

More questions -

how is this mounted onto the wall?

must this be done during electric installation works or can DIY later?

and last, if to be used in the kitchen, can this be mounted on the glass backing?

thank you! appreciate your input!

Hi Ossify

thanks! So the eubiq is connected to the switch on the right? ie once switch on, you can 'attach" as many plugs as you like into the strip? Like those conventional extension wires with multi-pins?

More questions -

how is this mounted onto the wall?

must this be done during electric installation works or can DIY later?

and last, if to be used in the kitchen, can this be mounted on the glass backing?

thank you! appreciate your input!

the eubiq is not connected to the switch on the right. they are separate entities.

can have as many plugs as you can fit.

to switch on plug, just rotate the plug.

mounted onto wall by eubiq installer

glass backing? think so, but check with eubiq.

the eubiq is not connected to the switch on the right. they are separate entities.

in that case, does it need to be turned on and off? I don't mean the individual plugs, but the whole eubiq itself.

can have as many plugs as you can fit.

to switch on plug, just rotate the plug.

ok, this one I understand liao.

mounted onto wall by eubiq installer

glass backing? think so, but check with eubiq.

this one also understand. So this is not something our electrician can do? need eubiq to do installation, is it?

sorry very green - this is a totally new concept to me - but looks really neat and good for places that need so many power points!

Wed, 14/7/2010

Today we went in search for water filter system. Have previously met a rep from Multi Pure, and today saw another 2 brands - Hyflux and EverPure. Price for the last two are about $100 different, but Multi Pure is the highest. All filter changing comes out to around $150 to $250 per year. Still not digested all the information, so will study them more in detail before deciding.

another new area - alot of research needed.

From what i understand, the normal electrician can also install, if they know how to install. i saw some1 install at the glass backing. (sorry, photos in another laptop, show u tomorrow). U can also check out 3rdclockdweller's t blog. He also installed eubiq.

in that case, does it need to be turned on and off? I don't mean the individual plugs, but the whole eubiq itself.

ok, this one I understand liao.

this one also understand. So this is not something our electrician can do? need eubiq to do installation, is it?

sorry very green - this is a totally new concept to me - but looks really neat and good for places that need so many power points!

the whole eubiq track itself is neither on or off. it is just a track. only the individual plugs can be turned on or off.

some electricians can do it, but i bought mine direct from supplier and they provide foc installation since i spent $2000.

i use it at my tv console, kitchen, study, and dining area.

the whole eubiq track itself is neither on or off. it is just a track. only the individual plugs can be turned on or off.

some electricians can do it, but i bought mine direct from supplier and they provide foc installation since i spent $2000.

ok thank you for your explanation. and wow, that is quite a hefty amount, but I am sure it will look super cool. let me go check your blog to find more. thanks!

:jawdrop: $2k alone for the eubiq? tats alot!

the track abt $200+ rite? are the switch expensive? thinking of getting this for my console and computer table. how does the RJ45 port works? i need to lay lan cables in the hse?

Hi,

since you visited my blog, thought I'll drop by.

Having done reno for my current place few years ago, here's some info.

TV: My 40 inch is 10-11 feet from my sitting area. Size is just nice..maybe can go up to max 46 inch. If you are sitting 10 feet away, 40 inch TV is enough. I can't stand 3D TVs either (Movies I can). Better check with your kids also, they might feel nauseous.

Aircon: Keep trunking short and high is the best means to prevent condensation. Reason is the trunking usually slightly sloping down, so that water can flow quickly. High also harder to notice, cos don't always look up.

3D: I like your design. Colours must be careful. I've seen bright 3D designs, but actual colours are duller. You are right to relook your choice of colours.

Hope my suggestions help. See you around. :)

Hi,

since you visited my blog, thought I'll drop by.

Having done reno for my current place few years ago, here's some info.

TV: My 40 inch is 10-11 feet from my sitting area. Size is just nice..maybe can go up to max 46 inch. If you are sitting 10 feet away, 40 inch TV is enough. I can't stand 3D TVs either (Movies I can). Better check with your kids also, they might feel nauseous.

Aircon: Keep trunking short and high is the best means to prevent condensation. Reason is the trunking usually slightly sloping down, so that water can flow quickly. High also harder to notice, cos don't always look up.

3D: I like your design. Colours must be careful. I've seen bright 3D designs, but actual colours are duller. You are right to relook your choice of colours.

Hope my suggestions help. See you around. :)

Hi doomsday

thanks for your comments. You more or less size up everything so precisely!

ha .. 3D .. even movies i also don't like. Maybe because I wear spects, so putting the 3D spects over my own spects is extremely uncomfortable - pure torture through the movie for me

:jawdrop: $2k alone for the eubiq? tats alot!

the track abt $200+ rite? are the switch expensive? thinking of getting this for my console and computer table. how does the RJ45 port works? i need to lay lan cables in the hse?

the tracks are cheap, the switches are pricey :) there are generally 3 ranges of switches, some more pricey than others.

rj45 port works like a network point, you plug in your lan cable from your computer into the rj45 port.

yes, you will need to lay lan cables in your house in order for your rj45 port to work :)

Hi doomsday

thanks for your comments. You more or less size up everything so precisely!

ha .. 3D .. even movies i also don't like. Maybe because I wear spects, so putting the 3D spects over my own spects is extremely uncomfortable - pure torture through the movie for me

Froggy i also same same. wear specs and wear 3D spec very uncomfortable. Just went for despicable me (3D) was adjusting my spec throughout the show...

Yes the eubiq system still needs to have power. So its like the wire from eubiq to plug into our 13A socket to get it power up. The wires will be hidden so cant see. Only the eubiq track. I'm not sure abt whether can do it later or not. Mayb can check with ur electrician. Yes it think is 3 blades. Next weekend, 25th Jul might be good. I PM u my hp no then we keep in touch.

Gals_mama; thanks for sharing the Eubiq souce, will KIV that.

Ossify; since you put it that way, Does that mean that the track will always be 'charged'?

Does it consume electricity even when no appliance is plugged, plug is rotated to 'off'?

Keen to get one for yourself too, Froggy? :)

Edited by dexufto