Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Gals_mama; thanks for sharing the Eubiq souce, will KIV that.

Ossify; since you put it that way, Does that mean that the track will always be 'charged'?

Does it consume electricity even when no appliance is plugged, plug is rotated to 'off'?

Keen to get one for yourself too, Froggy? :)

no the track is not charged, it will not consume any electricity when plugs are in off mode.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:jawdrop: $2k alone for the eubiq? tats alot!

the track abt $200+ rite? are the switch expensive? thinking of getting this for my console and computer table. how does the RJ45 port works? i need to lay lan cables in the hse?

i agree, the plugs or accessories is expensive. Go CCM, should have better price.

Keen to get one for yourself too, Froggy? :)

Hi Dexufto

dunno leh, looks cools, but more importantly, think it's something very useful and practical to have. But the cost is kind of scary?? esp since the adaptors are the ones that are costly. i guess the purpose in getting the system is to be able to plug in many appliances conveniently, without having to unplug, plug etc, so if not enough adaptors, like not making full use of it?

the tracks are cheap, the switches are pricey :) there are generally 3 ranges of switches, some more pricey than others.

rj45 port works like a network point, you plug in your lan cable from your computer into the rj45 port.

yes, you will need to lay lan cables in your house in order for your rj45 port to work :)

i agree, the plugs or accessories is expensive. Go CCM, should have better price.

thx.. will consider again. budget burst until cannot burst liao, trying to see where can i cut some cost... :(

thx.. will consider again. budget burst until cannot burst liao, trying to see where can i cut some cost... :(

wow insane, you haven't even started yet thinking of cutting cost already ah? .. Actually when we got quotation, we went through this cut-cost stage too, but when got keys, we ended up adding alot of items, so the figure just keep ballooning!

On paper, we kept saying some things just get cheap one, but when we actually make comparison, we changed our mind again - better get something more reliable so better lasting, nicer to the eye, so the house don't look so small etc etc - many thoughts to justify the spending!

Friday, 16 july 2010

finally, we got the approval and reno has begun! :dancingqueen: Wait until my neck long long already!

work has begun!

DSC08316.jpg

electrical

DSC08242.jpg

service yard windows

DSC08277.jpg

dry laying the marble

DSC08288.jpg

Today also went to a few places to recee water filter system.

1. Hyflux - Sam, confirm they have the 2 stage filtration system at $579, including installation - membrane up to 0.01 micron, then carbon filter. The salesgirl does not advice more than 2 stages, because will slow down the water flow considerably. I also agree, think 2 stage is good enough - for me, mainly is to get rid of the chlorine taste in water so I can drink direct from tap without heading to the toilet!

2. HiTech - they have a korean brand, very very cheap. They sell the parts - filters, pipes, elbow etc, all coming to less than $100. Just need to get a faucet from outside shops and get plumper to install. But for this, first filtration is just sendiments, not membrane. Actually this is good enough, but we are not comfortable with small parts here and there.

3. EverPure - also 2 stage, similar to hyflux, $600 plus.

In the end, we decided on hyflux, mainly because it's hyflux! ha ha if PUB uses them, I think their technology must be good lah! But the other advantage is - changing of filter is hassle free - no need to clean water running from pipes etc becaue of their auto shut off function. BTW this system filter replacement is $265 for 3000litre, roughly one yr - depending on usage.

Since at harbour front, we also walk walk see see, and saw this shop selling knife set from Scan Pan. Looks quite solid - but since this is another alien area for me, thought best to check here if anyone knows of this brand? I believe the best knives are from German? This one is Denmark-made.

http://www.pantrypursuits.com/to-cut-with-...an-classic.html

any idea?

wow insane, you haven't even started yet thinking of cutting cost already ah? .. Actually when we got quotation, we went through this cut-cost stage too, but when got keys, we ended up adding alot of items, so the figure just keep ballooning!

On paper, we kept saying some things just get cheap one, but when we actually make comparison, we changed our mind again - better get something more reliable so better lasting, nicer to the eye, so the house don't look so small etc etc - many thoughts to justify the spending!

LOL, I aready know what to buy le, so calculate the price, saw the figure almost faint...

Today also went to a few places to recee water filter system.

1. Hyflux - Sam, confirm they have the 2 stage filtration system at $579, including installation - membrane up to 0.01 micron, then carbon filter. The salesgirl does not advice more than 2 stages, because will slow down the water flow considerably. I also agree, think 2 stage is good enough - for me, mainly is to get rid of the chlorine taste in water so I can drink direct from tap without heading to the toilet!

2. HiTech - they have a korean brand, very very cheap. They sell the parts - filters, pipes, elbow etc, all coming to less than $100. Just need to get a faucet from outside shops and get plumper to install. But for this, first filtration is just sendiments, not membrane. Actually this is good enough, but we are not comfortable with small parts here and there.

3. EverPure - also 2 stage, similar to hyflux, $600 plus.

In the end, we decided on hyflux, mainly because it's hyflux! ha ha if PUB uses them, I think their technology must be good lah! But the other advantage is - changing of filter is hassle free - no need to clean water running from pipes etc becaue of their auto shut off function. BTW this system filter replacement is $265 for 3000litre, roughly one yr - depending on usage.

eh, tap water not safe to drink? Been drinking it all along.....

Since at harbour front, we also walk walk see see, and saw this shop selling knife set from Scan Pan. Looks quite solid - but since this is another alien area for me, thought best to check here if anyone knows of this brand? I believe the best knives are from German? This one is Denmark-made.

http://www.pantrypursuits.com/to-cut-with-...an-classic.html

any idea?

y not juz go for the 2 man brand? cheap wor..

LOL, I aready know what to buy le, so calculate the price, saw the figure almost faint...

ha ha, then be prepared to faint again when reno starts ...

eh, tap water not safe to drink? Been drinking it all along.....

i guess it's personal preference? But for me, super sensitive stomach - tap water equates to stomach ache. LOL

y not juz go for the 2 man brand? cheap wor..

what's that? where to get?

no the track is not charged, it will not consume any electricity when plugs are in off mode.

Thanks for the clarification ossify :)

Hi Dexufto

dunno leh, looks cools, but more importantly, think it's something very useful and practical to have. But the cost is kind of scary?? esp since the adaptors are the ones that are costly. i guess the purpose in getting the system is to be able to plug in many appliances conveniently, without having to unplug, plug etc, so if not enough adaptors, like not making full use of it?

Me thinks this is nice to have at the kitchen/ tv console area, if your budget allows.

Meanwhile the plugs may cost cheaper from those quarterly PC/ IT/ Commex thingy.. should Eubiq has a booth.

And congraluations on the commencement of your big project. :D