Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

froggy,

i'm of the same thoughts as you!! all tv looks the same to me.. hahhaa

My sharp 46" is 1550, Hitachi 42" with dvd recordable is 1450. both 100 Hz.

My friend brought a 46" LG LED at 100 Hz with Blue ray player for 3K

me too! hubby at first keep wanting only samsung cos he say colour is better for samsung then also his friends all support him... to me so long the pic is clear, the colour is not weird is fine liao. main thing is price must be alright for me... :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
me too! hubby at first keep wanting only samsung cos he say colour is better for samsung then also his friends all support him... to me so long the pic is clear, the colour is not weird is fine liao. main thing is price must be alright for me... :notti:

I also agree loh. Normal tv the color and clearity is very good, I no need the sharpness till to see the actress small teeny weeny pimple.

I dun really watch tv. Our 42" plasma or lcd panasonic tv about 2 yrs plus years old. Told hubby, use till spoil den buy new.

I also agree loh. Normal tv the color and clearity is very good, I no need the sharpness till to see the actress small teeny weeny pimple.

I dun really watch tv. Our 42" plasma or lcd panasonic tv about 2 yrs plus years old. Told hubby, use till spoil den buy new.

ha ha .. in one of the shops, they actually have the 50Hz and 100Hz on the same tv, side by side. And they were showing some soccer match. The salesman kept asking us to focus on the way the player kicks, and see the difference between the clarity of the two. I look left, right, left, right - same la! But hubby say can can - can see differernce.

Then another day - we went to a different shop. The display case shows Sumsung LED but priced much lower than what it's selling. After I scrutinised, I noticed a small piece of cardboard at the side, indicating that that is a LCD! So I ask him, "you see, you actually cannot see the difference la", just bc people say so, you believe lor! I should have kept quiet and said it's a good buy!

i think sometimes it's for hao kan also - like buying a branded LV bag or something - the showcase for the house

too bad i won't appreciate bc I also hardly watch tv. for me, tv is last priority, to him tv is first!

1 ceiling light is definitely enough for whole room. however, your concern for the child is valid as the ceiling light will cast a shadow if it is a light source behind them. having said that, downlight isn't the solution to your problem. a proper study lamp is still the best source of light for your intended purposes. not sure how old you are, but lamps in the older days (circa 1980s) can't be compared to the lights of today as technology has changed quite a fair bit. the discomfort you felt probably came from the glare of the lamps. a proper study lamp isn't glaring, is able to direct light at the right places and is better than a downlight or ceiling light in performing its role as a study lamp.

if you are willing to spend a bit more, you can consider the koncept lamp z bar.

konceptledlight.jpg

or this year's reddot design award winner, the studylite:

BPL_Studylight2.jpg

wow these table lamps are cool! Where is a good place to go to hunt for table lamp?

Edited by froggy

Square White Downlight

2 X Osram PLC 13w

2 x Atco Ballast(australia)

Price:$19.00

lightings.com.sg

or u may wanna check out A lighting Enterprise at 463 geylang rd

Samgalz bought her lighting there. Since u need so many, mayb they can give u a gd price?

i heard my name. :D

ya, froggy. i bought my lights from A lightings. u can check the lights and fans with them. they do carry fans and some are reasonable pricing.

One ceiling light is enough for the room, n worries on that. jus make sure for their rooms u hv to get cool white to make sure it's bright. warm white has yellow tint, not good for studies. my son's room i will also hv a table there for him. going to be up against the wall as well. will be getting study lamp for him cos regardless whether down or ceiling lights, a good study lamp is sure to be better. but hubby is saying likely my son is going to use the dining table for work....hahaha...

Froggy, we went in to JB to buy and it's 40 RM per downlight with bulbs. i agree that table lamp is better... :) for my guest rooms i only have 1 lamp with 3 blubs..

Hi insane, Sam and June

thanks for your lobang. Will definitely look up these places.

but need to find out more about lighting before that.

From the last few days of shopping, it seems that there are 2 types of downlights - the ballast and non-ballast type? Apparently, the non-ballast one is better and can run longer hours?

One of the shops I went to also highlighted one of their downlights where the light holder is movable, ie can tilt upwards so as to make bulb changing easier. Sounds logical when he explained, but is this true?

i think sometimes it's for hao kan also - like buying a branded LV bag or something - the showcase for the house

too bad i won't appreciate bc I also hardly watch tv. for me, tv is last priority, to him tv is first!

MEN....they are the electronic freaks! they will go gaga at every electronic gadgets! *slap hand to forehead* I only watch TV for my HK dramas and cooking shows. so dun need the clarity until can c the water drops on the veges! haha!

luckily i managed to convince hubby to buy a cheaper TV. but his friends keep saying "why u buy Toshiba, shd buy Samsung lah!" :bangwall:

Hi insane, Sam and June

thanks for your lobang. Will definitely look up these places.

but need to find out more about lighting before that.

From the last few days of shopping, it seems that there are 2 types of downlights - the ballast and non-ballast type? Apparently, the non-ballast one is better and can run longer hours?

One of the shops I went to also highlighted one of their downlights where the light holder is movable, ie can tilt upwards so as to make bulb changing easier. Sounds logical when he explained, but is this true?

can't answer on that cos i din buy any downlights. but if u go A Lightings, Alex would gladly advise u

MEN....they are the electronic freaks! they will go gaga at every electronic gadgets! *slap hand to forehead* I only watch TV for my HK dramas and cooking shows. so dun need the clarity until can c the water drops on the veges! haha!

:lol: :lol: agree on that. No need to see oil splattering.

I think quite true, imagine got to squeeze in the hand to twist or turn to get the bulb out shd be quite difficult. We got those can tilt type and more reflection mirror inside to make the downlight brighter.

For my gals room, we have 5 lights, 2 each above bed, 1 in the middle of the wardrobe. So for the study table, we did top hung cabinet that have study light under the top hung cabinet.

Friday, 9 july 2010

some recent purchases

marble flooring for hall - pearl beige, would have preferred 60x60, unfortunately, due to big diff in $$, had to settle for 30x60

marble.jpg

kitchen tile

kitchentile.jpg

entrance light

entrancelight.jpg

toilet/service yard lights

toiletnserviceyard.jpg

butterfly bulb inside

toiletnserviceyardbulb.jpg

froggy, where did u get ur entrance lights? how much did u get it for?

best tech $195 dunno good buy or not - it's a long story

wow.. lucky my gf never see if not my pocket burn again.. hee.. but is it the same as the swarovski crystal downlight on lighting.com ? that one only 99$ leh

Friday, 9 july 2010

some recent purchases

marble flooring for hall - pearl beige, would have preferred 60x60, unfortunately, due to big diff in $$, had to settle for 30x60

marble.jpg

kitchen tile

kitchentile.jpg

entrance light

entrancelight.jpg

toilet/service yard lights

toiletnserviceyard.jpg

butterfly bulb inside

wah the entrance light real nice...like disco light.:)

toiletnserviceyardbulb.jpg