Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

i spent 1k on lights and about $500 on 2 fans ( bought in jb)

Breakdown on lights

11 downlights

1 for study room, 1 for future baby room, 1 for service Yard, 1 for kitchen, 1 for bomb shelter, 1 for master bedroom passage way, 1 for passageway, 7 LED Uplights, 17 T5 lights.

Fans cannot compare cos i bought from JB,Much cheaper and with the exchange rate :P

wow.. 15may.. can share where u bought them? any issues with them?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my lights are a total of $1050. ur orange backsplash may look brighter for actual. check with ur contractor and ask to c the real sample. then u will hv a better idea.

Havent really use them yet so cant say if got issues.

Got them at YES electrical supply store. Can check out KDK disctributors on http://www.kdk.com.my

how about your lightings? from jb too?

fyi, i haven move in yet... :P ...been bz cleaning and moving things little by little.

so the 3d color pics are only provided for reno above a certain amount is it? guess my reno din exceed tat amount to qualify for the 3d pics....hehe

dun think so lah. prob many people asking for 3D, so to keep competitive, he also provide now. But he sub out to ID company to do, though

Very nice and unique idea indeed!

I doubt not many in Fernvale Vista has done this yet.

For the colour matching problem, computer drawings sometime do not really bring out the true picture. I'd suggest if you can get a copy of the material or something that best represents it and put it them together to have a better picture of how it will turn out.

Something like a mood board.

wow, thank you everyone for your input.

asked him why colour turn out so dark, he said it's about 80% correct. but he did say will get a sample of colour

He say the cost savings quite minimal and the cost difference so much. He is our air con man for my whole family so we trust him to give us the best suggestion, so we just took it. ahahahah

ya, that's what my hubby says also. just like that day we went to citigas, and the salelady told us the savings for using gas heater vs electric is (some figure which sounds so negligible). So for purpose of aesthetics, and since savings is so little, we decided not to use citigas heater.

OOH.... I think its quite nice! can imagine! :D

Actually,i thought that the orange goes nicely with the black surface and white laminates. think no need to worry the colour combi now cos i think your contractor would let you choose when the time comes.

Envious that you can hack wall and get a bigger kitchen ;)

Maserbedroom 3d looks real cozy too.. U not getting the headboard?

Can your cupboard fit both hubby and your clothes?

thanks, 15may. We wanted something different, it was between green, red or orange glass backing. My hubby prefers red, but i find that too fiery, I prefer lime green, which I thought will bring a soothing effect, but hubby thinks will look eerie at night, esp when light shine from the cabinet. So in the end, settle for orange lor - bright and vibrant kind,

Big kitchen ah - hubby says i better really cook, otherwise kitchen for show only - and making the hall even smaller lor :D But now still pending PE endorsement for that wall, very lei cheh - wait wait wait

actually i don't really like the mbr colour, find it too gloomy. Already room so small, think maybe change to somethng brighter - orange .. ho ho ho

our bed frame comes with a simple headboard, so don't have that full height one in the picture. As for wardrobe, not enough also bopian, no other place liao. that's why we even extended another chest of drawer below the window.

I find our layout got 2 places really wrongly built -

1. ledge window position, hence limiting wardrobe space.

2. service yard door - should either be flushed either left or right, but it's smacked right in the middle

i spent 1k on lights and about $500 on 2 fans ( bought in jb)

Breakdown on lights

11 downlights

1 for study room, 1 for future baby room, 1 for service Yard, 1 for kitchen, 1 for bomb shelter, 1 for master bedroom passage way, 1 for passageway, 7 LED Uplights, 17 T5 lights.

Fans cannot compare cos i bought from JB,Much cheaper and with the exchange rate :P

can check for downlights, did you get the 13A or 18A? single or double bulb type? btw when we buy downlight, does the price include the bulb ?

what is the two holes beside the bed on the cabinet? for alarm clock ah? :P

ha ha, you guessed it, but no prize for the right answer :D

need to put my spects and handphone, which serves as alarm clock. Due to space constraints, our layout only have one side table, so I decided to do those for my side lor, but a bit reluctant to eat into my wardrobe space. Any other suggestions?

my lights are a total of $1050. ur orange backsplash may look brighter for actual. check with ur contractor and ask to c the real sample. then u will hv a better idea.

can share the breakdown of lights? yup, have asked him for sample, hope the colour turns out nice

actually i don't really like the mbr colour, find it too gloomy. Already room so small, think maybe change to somethng brighter - orange .. ho ho ho

our bed frame comes with a simple headboard, so don't have that full height one in the picture. As for wardrobe, not enough also bopian, no other place liao. that's why we even extended another chest of drawer below the window.

if you find the room small, orange will make it worst as it is an advancing colour. it is also a colour that will most certainly keep you awake.

Edited by floppy

can share the breakdown of lights? yup, have asked him for sample, hope the colour turns out nice

u can find the lights in my T-blog. i dun hv downlights. all ceiling lights, 3 of them are hanging lights.

Froggy,

Can you share more on PE endorsement for hacking of your wall?

I am also very worried that HDB will not approve our proposed wall hacking. Then we will not be able to achieve what we want for our house. When consulting ID regarding how confident they are in getting HDB approval, they always say 50-50.

One ID did mention to me that if all else fails, can get PE in as a third party to endorse and take responsibility for approval of hacking the wall. But need to pay money in the range of $800 to $1000.

Are you in a similar situation?

Froggy,

Can you share more on PE endorsement for hacking of your wall?

I am also very worried that HDB will not approve our proposed wall hacking. Then we will not be able to achieve what we want for our house. When consulting ID regarding how confident they are in getting HDB approval, they always say 50-50.

One ID did mention to me that if all else fails, can get PE in as a third party to endorse and take responsibility for approval of hacking the wall. But need to pay money in the range of $800 to $1000.

Are you in a similar situation?

honestly, I really not sure about this. Because contractor submitted for reno permit, but was told he need to get PE endorsed for hacking a wall. So now he had to go to PE to chop before submitting again ... waste my time lei ... but good thing is other work can go on first.

but he did mention some cases, need to make appt with PE and HDB people to be around to witness hacking, so more time may be "wasted" since need to coordinate more parties. So you see, I also not so sure, wonder if anyone can throw more light on this?

if you find the room small, orange will make it worst as it is an advancing colour. it is also a colour that will most certainly keep you awake.

hi floppy

so funny froggy and floppy .. :o

what is an advancing colour? anyway, no la, don't think i want an orange bedroom - too bright (you are right, will keep me up all night), but brown is alittle dark too. Any suggestions of bedroom colours that are cosy, soothing yet not to loud, not to gloomy? esp for a small room?

check also, do you all paint your room walls and ceiling one colour? Thought of using a different ceiling colour, or maybe a room with walls of 2 different colours.

last, what goes with orange, other than beige? For kitchen, If I maintain the orange (or red) for glass backing, and want the 2 colour cabinets like what gals mama suggested, what can go well? Mine is a black galaxy worktop.