Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

i would think for younger pple, the choice of the mattress is not as critical as when one is 40+ yrs old where the back may start having some problems.... also i dun really believe those anti-bacteria anti-mite materials would really inhibit growth on them.

instead of buying a 8000-dollar mattress and use it for 10years +, might as well buy a 800 dollar one and change every 2 years, or if one is anal about cleanliness, change every year...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i nvr did believe in all tt hype abt mattresses.

bought mine frm this little mattress shop located above a lighting shop at Balestier a couple of years ago. paid slightly over 1k for a KingKoil. everytime i see those mattresses selling for over 2k....i wanna faint. we guys shld think back to our NS days. wat sort of mattresses were we sleeping on every nite? did we encounter any particular back problems due to the mattress? i dun think so. if we had any back problems, it was more cos of our training and poor posture when we were lifting heavy things.

And thank you ladies,

for your kind offer to help;

May i ask what wedding music do you use for procession, marching/ march out?

For my church processional, I got my friends to sing John Rutter's version of 'For the Beauty of the Earth'. I can't quite remember the recessional's name, but I do remember the tune.. I think it was called 'Trumpet Voluntary'. For the dinner, the first march-in was Dean Martin's 'That's Amore' and the second, 'Lady in Red', which was what I was wearing.

Other popular choices include Twila Paris' 'How Beautiful', Libera's 'Sanctus'. I have a song that is perfect for a march-in, but not religious, so if you are interested in a listen, let me know and I'll send it over... it's called Coronation, about 2 minutes long, from the anime Last Exile.

bought mine frm this little mattress shop located above a lighting shop at Balestier a couple of years ago. paid slightly over 1k for a KingKoil. everytime i see those mattresses selling for over 2k....i wanna faint. we guys shld think back to our NS days. wat sort of mattresses were we sleeping on every nite? did we encounter any particular back problems due to the mattress? i dun think so. if we had any back problems, it was more cos of our training and poor posture when we were lifting heavy things.

I agree. I bought my mattress for about $700, and it's served us well for 4 years plus now. No brand, but no complaints!

thats no mattress! Its more like a thick sponge used in the kitchen to wash the oily plates/cutlery.

:lol:

i would think for younger pple, the choice of the mattress is not as critical as when one is 40+ yrs old where the back may start having some problems.... also i dun really believe those anti-bacteria anti-mite materials would really inhibit growth on them.

instead of buying a 8000-dollar mattress and use it for 10years +, might as well buy a 800 dollar one and change every 2 years, or if one is anal about cleanliness, change every year...

Or go jap style. Sleep on floor! ;)

Sorry my bad jesslyntan.

I've made the corrections..

sorry,my home is 3Std leh!

just saw ur t-blog,hehe~^^

oh yes, i remembered my ns episode.

it was a 5" thick foram.

think that was the evolution of Tempur Mattress.. LOL

..we guys shld think back to our NS days. wat sort of mattresses were we sleeping on every nite? did we encounter any particular back problems due to the mattress? i dun think so. if we had any back problems, it was more cos of our training and poor posture when we were lifting heavy things.

thats no mattress! Its more like a thick sponge used in the kitchen to wash the oily plates/cutlery.

:lol:

Or go jap style. Sleep on floor! ;)

Yuene,

thank you very much for your recommendations.

Love them.. will look for the titles and try them out. :)

I have Sanctus in my list as well, i love the vocals (but wtb not very keen)..

in fact I just bought a couple of cds from 'high society society' series.

For my church processional, I got my friends to sing John Rutter's version of 'For the Beauty of the Earth'. I can't quite remember the recessional's name, but I do remember the tune.. I think it was called 'Trumpet Voluntary'. For the dinner, the first march-in was Dean Martin's 'That's Amore' and the second, 'Lady in Red', which was what I was wearing.

Other popular choices include Twila Paris' 'How Beautiful', Libera's 'Sanctus'. I have a song that is perfect for a march-in, but not religious, so if you are interested in a listen, let me knouow and I'll send it over... it's called Coronation, about 2 minutes long, from the anime Last Exile.

Last but not least, we have decided something to remnd ourselves before the bed;

DSCN3356.jpg

Nice! 1 Cor 13:8 was my theme verse for my wedding. Is it projected on the wall? That's so cool!!!!

And thank you ladies,

for your kind offer to help;

May i ask what wedding music do you use for procession, marching/ march out?

i used Wagner's wedding march for processional, Mendelssohn's wedding march for recessional :) also got my voice teacher to sing this song called "Cherish the Treasure" during our signing of ROM cert.

As for banquet march-in, got my frens to do Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" (Piano + violin + soprano solo)

Other popular choices include Twila Paris' 'How Beautiful', Libera's 'Sanctus'. I have a song that is perfect for a march-in, but not religious, so if you are interested in a listen, let me know and I'll send it over... it's called Coronation, about 2 minutes long, from the anime Last Exile.

Rutter's "For the Beauty of the Earth" - i sang it back in my school choir days :lol:

hmmm seems like our choice of songs is kinda classical, ya? :P

I've gotten a Queen-sized KingKoil Rosedale Rosedale with 1.5" latex topper with Storage divan+ leather headrest for $2050 during the Kingkoil sale at Matu****a.

DSCN3354.jpg

DSCN3353.jpg

Mattress shopping can be quite tricky, Robinsons, mattress company would normally flood the newspaper with sales advertisement over the weekend, and tell you that this promo is vaild on till this Sunday.

Don't buy their crap, walk away if they try to hard-sell.

Ask for free pillows/ bolsters/ mattress-protector. The sales man can usually give to you free.

Do remember to bring along your partner for the mattress shopping; lie on the bed, toss around for 5-10mins.

Was told by one of the sales person Side-sleepers should go for a softer bed, i.e with better comfort-layers.

(note especially if you are buying odd-size beds/ mattress; ie european size/ US size, as the regular bedsheet/ mattress protector/ bed frames may not fit)

Sleeppost and ibeds are nice website to start with.

hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Last but not least, we have decided something to remnd ourselves before the bed;

DSCN3356.jpg

nice!! :good:

on mattress: we chose Dunlop cos my cousin has a shop that sells Dunlop mattresses :lol: we like harder mattress so my cousin commented that we have "old people's taste". hahahahaha

nice!! :good:

on mattress: we chose Dunlop cos my cousin has a shop that sells Dunlop mattresses :lol: we like harder mattress so my cousin commented that we have "old people's taste". hahahahaha

I got backache problems, so likely to get harder mattress too. LOL...

thinking of getting Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses...

but i thought nowadays, even if mattress is hard kind, on top of the mattress, got a layer of the mattress comforter or so, can "soften" the hardness of the mattress.

LOL... maybe it defeats the purpose of getting a hard mattress, though. :P

I got backache problems, so likely to get harder mattress too. LOL...

thinking of getting Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses...

but i thought nowadays, even if mattress is hard kind, on top of the mattress, got a layer of the mattress comforter or so, can "soften" the hardness of the mattress.

LOL... maybe it defeats the purpose of getting a hard mattress, though. :P

That piece of "comforter" on top of the mattress is called the pillow top... yea la it made the mattress not as hard but i guess being a hard mattress, it "sinks" less than a softer mattress and can still give you better support... haha :)

Rutter's "For the Beauty of the Earth" - i sang it back in my school choir days :lol:

hmmm seems like our choice of songs is kinda classical, ya? :P

Heh! I first heard that piece when I was in secondary school, when the choir sang that too! KNS later we both find out we're from the same school... wahahahahahaha! Out of curiosity, what part did you sing?

BTW dexufto, just to ask, are those beds with hydraulic storage underneath difficult to lift up?

Heh! I first heard that piece when I was in secondary school, when the choir sang that too! KNS later we both find out we're from the same school... wahahahahahaha! Out of curiosity, what part did you sing?

BTW dexufto, just to ask, are those beds with hydraulic storage underneath difficult to lift up?

hahahaha i sang this song only in uni choir, so not from your sec school i supposed :P found it quite funny cos it's written for a children choir, but we were all over 20 yrs old liao... hahahahaha :lol:

i'm a Sop... did some other Rutter's pieces back in JC choir.. also sang his Magnificat ;)

Oops we're all hijacking dex's thread again :P