Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Warrior88

Hdb Ups Mop For Resale Flats To 5 Years

yesterday, my non subsidised resale flat. I stay there 2year 2mths already. left 8mths more before i can rent out whole flat.

after the new ruling today, will i have to stay there for another 2 years and 8mths? walau, sianz man.

anyone any idea?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
"The Housing and Development Board (HDB) will increase the Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) of non-subsidised flats from three to five years.

Just to check, If one take HDB loan but no whatsoever grants, it is condsidered subsidised?

Thanks

My understanding of "subsidised" are:

1. First hand owner(BTO, DBSS, EC), whatever loan types, whether grant or no grant.

2. Resale with grant.(stay within xxxkm to parents)

3. Resale with HDB's "concessionary" loan. Now u understand why Ah kong stresses "concessionary" so much.

Correct?

Edited by bepgof

My understanding of "subsidised" are:

1. First hand owner(BTO, DBSS, EC), whatever loan types, whether grant or no grant.

2. Resale with grant.(stay within xxxkm to parents)

3. Resale with HDB's "concessionary" loan. Now u understand why Ah kong stresses "concessionary" so much.

Correct?

1 and 2 is correct... for 3, even if you take HDB loan, so long as you dun take grant, still considered as "non-subsidised"...

yesterday, my non subsidised resale flat. I stay there 2year 2mths already. left 8mths more before i can rent out whole flat.

after the new ruling today, will i have to stay there for another 2 years and 8mths? walau, sianz man.

anyone any idea?

NO, u can do so as the new ruling apply only to new applications from today onwards.

anyone any idea?

this rule is affect new comer effective 30 Aug 2010

U are not affected.

Ur resale is taking bank or HDB loan?

For what I understand, old old rule. Bank loan, resale flat , no grant. MOP is 1 yrs only

Hi Guys,

Need some advice here, i bought my unsubsidized flat in January (so siamed all the new rulings about 5yr MOP *heng ah* :bleah:), MOP in 3 years

But i was also intending to buy a pte property next year, so do i now have to wait for 3 years under this new ruling?

I want to rent out the pte and stay in my 3room flat as per old ruling.

Can this still happen? Or must i complete my 3 year MOP before i can even buy a private?

If so, it sounds abit wierd to me, because after my MOP of 3 years (or in the case of new owners, 5 years), i can rent out my flat AND buy a new private property, why would i bother staying in my flat? I would rent it out for better rental yields, this will be a nice snowball effect, in 5 years HDB prices would shoot up again due to this regulations? Or am i reading it wrongly?

Hi Guys,

Need some advice here, i bought my unsubsidized flat in January (so siamed all the new rulings about 5yr MOP *heng ah* :bleah:), MOP in 3 years

But i was also intending to buy a pte property next year, so do i now have to wait for 3 years under this new ruling?

I want to rent out the pte and stay in my 3room flat as per old ruling.

U buy under old rule, then follow old rule.

Until cheng hu say .. rule across all board regarding when the item purchase.

Can this still happen? Or must i complete my 3 year MOP before i can even buy a private?

If so, it sounds abit wierd to me, because after my MOP of 3 years (or in the case of new owners, 5 years), i can rent out my flat AND buy a new private property, why would i bother staying in my flat? I would rent it out for better rental yields, this will be a nice snowball effect, in 5 years HDB prices would shoot up again due to this regulations? Or am i reading it wrongly?

Don't worry. By then, may be HDB will go back to old old old rules.

HDB owner must stay at HDB even after MOP. Only can rent out private property.

Don't think too much.

Just wait until your MOP meet 1st and see what rules table HDB is using then start to worry and decide

Don't think too much.

Just wait until your MOP meet 1st and see what rules table HDB is using then start to worry and decide

wu ya boh? then where do the foreign talents find cheap lodging apart from dormitories?

I know i buy HDB under old rule, but i want to buy pte now. so the Pte bit under the new rule or old rule? :wacko: super confusing.

Don't think too much.

Err, my time is now what, i can buy pte now, no need to wait till MOP according to the old ruling.

Just that i have to stay in HDB but i can BUY a Pte

I know i buy HDB under old rule, but i want to buy pte now. so the Pte bit under the new rule or old rule? :wacko: super confusing.

HDB MOP follow old rule

buy Pte follow new rule

If existing HDB still paying loan.

2nd property 70% loan, 10% cash

wu ya boh? then where do the foreign talents find cheap lodging apart from dormitories?

Is their lodging our problem?

Err, my time is now what, i can buy pte now, no need to wait till MOP according to the old ruling.

Just that i have to stay in HDB but i can BUY a Pte

If yours resale, can buy pte now, resale MOP is 3 years tehn sell/rent. But the pte you buy under rule on the cash & loan%

hdb rental cheap meh ? Last time HDB allow pte home owner to rent out resale hdb because of foreign talents ?