Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Warrior88

Hdb Ups Mop For Resale Flats To 5 Years

Must explain in details lah.

The issue here is : BTO= subsidised flat. If you buy resale & non-subsidise (no grant taken), then you can buy pte pty at any time you like,like me lor, hehe & haha.

Oh..

must explain in detail some more

Ok Ok

As per bepgof say

BTO is subsidised flat. Base on Mr Mah word. It is affordable. It is Cheap. It has special discount.

After telling the above pro reason now come the con side. You cannot buy private property during your 5 yrs MOP from the date 1 you receive the house Key.

Unless you buy resale HDB without take any grant and taking Bank loan.

Then you can buy pte property ASAP on the 2nd day after you had receive your HDB house key.

Like bepgof or me.

bepgof, fast hand fast leg. So the latest 10%/70% does not effect him.

As for me, I didn't take any loan. So.. 10%/70% also has not effect on me.

Bro bepgof,

Is my explanation detail?

Can pass :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh..

must explain in detail some more

Ok Ok

As per bepgof say

BTO is subsidised flat. Base on Mr Mah word. It is affordable. It is Cheap. It has special discount.

After telling the above pro reason now come the con side. You cannot buy private property during your 5 yrs MOP from the date 1 you receive the house Key.

Unless you buy resale HDB without take any grant and taking Bank loan.

Then you can buy pte property ASAP on the 2nd day after you had receive your HDB house key.

Like bepgof or me.

bepgof, fast hand fast leg. So the latest 10%/70% does not effect him.

As for me, I didn't take any loan. So.. 10%/70% also has not effect on me.

Bro bepgof,

Is my explanation detail?

Can pass :P

Can score 95%. The remaining 5% is on the loan portion. Not necessary only bank loan, Can take HDB loan as well and yet considered as "non-subsidised".

Wow, your pocket par par, like typical china national, everything settle by CASH. CASH is king. Let banks earn a bit lah.

Edited by bepgof

Can score 95%. The remaining 5% is on the loan portion. Not necessary only bank loan, Can take HDB loan as well and yet considered as "non-subsidised".

Wow, your pocket par par, like typical china national, everything settle by CASH. CASH is king. Let banks earn a bit lah.

but even if non-subsidised resale, now is subject to MOP before can buy pte ppty, right (for resale application submitted on of after 30 aug '10)? your case is different, cos you bought well before this march.

Edited by random_username

no no.. still lost to them.

I settle by CPF

Let banks earn abit but they didn't let me earn abit (FD interest rate so low) :(

but even if non-subsidised resale, now is subject to MOP before can buy pte ppty, right (for resale application submitted on of after 30 aug '10)? your case is different, cos you bought well before this march.

Even today you buy a hdb resale with non-subsidies (there are quite a few types of subsidy), whether bank loan or hdb loan, you still are allowed to buy a pte property the same day or day after. But you must make sure you stay in HDB flat till MOP is up. However, the pte property (new or resale) is subject to 3 yr SSD, and 10%/70% rules kick in for 2md loan. This "encourages" entrepreneurship of flat owners to work harder to get a pte unit soon.

Next, if you have a pte property and now "wish" to buy hdb resale, must sell away pte within 6 month( date starts count from 2nd appt date) after got the hdb flat. This "penalises" those rich (stay in pte is rich meh?)who stays in pte to acquired a hdb flat in parallel.

Edited by bepgof

Even today you buy a hdb resale with non-subsidies (there are quite a few types of subsidy), whether bank loan or hdb loan, you still are allowed to buy a pte property the same day or day after. But you must make sure you stay in HDB flat till MOP is up.

cannot la.

new rule is within MOP also cannot buy private property

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...RecordQuestion=

Q: I have not fulfilled the minimum occupation period. What are the types of private properties I can invest in?

A: If you have not fulfilled the minimum occupation period, you can only invest in:

* pure commercial properties

* pure industry properties

* vacant land not zoned for residential development

You cannot invest in any type of property that is classified as residential or has residential accommodation.

Example:

Mr Tan has not fulfilled the minimum occupation period for his HDB flat. He wants to invest in a two-storey shop house. The first story is a retail shop. The second story is an apartment. He cannot invest because the property offers residential accommodation.

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...&Selected=3

Q: What happens if I buy or invest in private residential property without fulfilling the minimum occupation period?

[Living in HDB Flats > Purchasing Private Properties]

A: HDB may repossess/acquire your HDB flat.

HDB may also allow you to keep your flat provided you:

* sell off your private residential property

* pay the penalty imposed by HDB

For more information, please approach the HDB Branch Office managing the flat concerned.

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...&Selected=3

Q: What happens if I buy or invest in private residential property without fulfilling the minimum occupation period?

[Living in HDB Flats > Purchasing Private Properties]

A: HDB may repossess/acquire your HDB flat.

HDB may also allow you to keep your flat provided you:

* sell off your private residential property

* pay the penalty imposed by HDB

For more information, please approach the HDB Branch Office managing the flat concerned.

HDB forgot to input th eligibilities for those non-subsidised owners. I "thought" the same initially, that was why I did not action earlier until Warrior highlighted, subsequently I asked HDB via email - 1st reply was "cannot", emailed again to highlight I was "non-subsidised" flat owner, then she said "can", and I actioned.

Edited by bepgof

LOL .... so simple rules, you guys make it sounds complex.

Same like MOE, school teacher, student come back still bonkers.

Feed children with tons of info, never teach them how to analysis and be focus.

Guys, be more focus man, the RULE is

All new application from 30/8/2010 REGARDLESS whether subsidized, non subsidized, new,resale,grant, no grant, hdb loan, bankloan, BTO, DBSS, EC.

Flat all MOP is 5 years, then can invest in private property .... easy right :)

Also the Cash 10%, not only subject to HDB,PTE ... blah....

It is all across the board pertaing to property loan, multiple property with outstanding loan.

Even for COMMERCIAL property loan ...

LOL .... so simple rules, you guys make it sounds complex.

Same like MOE, school teacher, student come back still bonkers.

Feed children with tons of info, never teach them how to analysis and be focus.

Guys, be more focus man, the RULE is

All new application from 30/8/2010 REGARDLESS whether subsidized, non subsidized, new,resale,grant, no grant, hdb loan, bankloan, BTO, DBSS, EC.

Flat all MOP is 5 years, then can invest in private property .... easy right :)

Also the Cash 10%, not only subject to HDB,PTE ... blah....

It is all across the board pertaing to property loan, multiple property with outstanding loan.

Even for COMMERCIAL property loan ...

I think you are right MAN.

Those existing pte property owners who've just signed OTP/or paid 1K after 30/8/2010, kena very "suay" - must sell their pte property within 6 months after 2nd appt.

MOP ..... em ....

Also, guys do you also know that

You have to stay in the HDB flat for the 1st 5 years, and can only rent out after the 5th. However, if you do leave the country to study, you can apply for permission from HDB to rent your whole flat. BUT, do note that this rental period WILL NOT count towards your 5 years Minimum Occupation Period (MOP). This means, when you come back from your studies, you have to continue living in the flat till you complete the 5 years MOP, before you can sell!

Edited by Everybody

I think you are right MAN.

which is why i said your case is different cos you bought earlier on

the eligibility conditions for buying pte ppty while owning hdb are clearly spelt out in the hdb website under Living in HDB flats > Finances > Purchase Private Property

if you do leave the country to study, you can apply for permission from HDB to rent your whole flat. BUT, do note that this rental period WILL NOT count towards your 5 years Minimum Occupation Period (MOP). This means, when you come back from your studies, you have to continue living in the flat till you complete the 5 years MOP, before you can sell!

Yup, this is the requirement for fulfilling MOP, must physically stay there for 5-years.

Plastic3, want to seek your views. you think is there going to be any impact on pte rentals? If so, what you think the impact will be (and on what timeline?)

Thanks much in advance

We have all sorts of new policies implemented but till now I don't see any which really focus/address to the real problem, the supply of a roof over our head. What HDB had came out is only slapping off those speculators/investors but not meeting the huge demand of ppl who needs a home. The sentiments will most probably bring down the COV for a while but when the real open market resale "demand vs supply" comes back to the kick..... I think we'll be back to square one