Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Warrior88

Hdb Ups Mop For Resale Flats To 5 Years

We have all sorts of new policies implemented but till now I don't see any which really focus/address to the real problem, the supply of a roof over our head. What HDB had came out is only slapping off those speculators/investors but not meeting the huge demand of ppl who needs a home. The sentiments will most probably bring down the COV for a while but when the real open market resale "demand vs supply" comes back to the kick..... I think we'll be back to square one

What you are see this week, there is a drop in ppl who are selling. Ppl are holding as they may be subject to new rule if they sell and buy again. Property developer are also consider holding new launches. So, genuine buyer are affected, less to choose from.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1. Those who are thinking of upgrading/downgrading will most probably forgo the idea and wait for MOP.

2. Those who own private and HDB will be more unwillingly to sell off either, rental yield is still high enough to sustain the loan installment.

Left those who are going bankrupt, own loanshark, divorce case to sell their unit in the resale market, supply maybe lesser and the demand is still there. Think of these 3 cases above selling their unit, I would avoid at all cost.

32K units of BTO upcoming future 2 years time? Maybe the cooling will come after that but still we'll have to see what will be the demands at that time. Cutting off those speculators from buying resale HDB units is only a small portion of the demand pool from the open market, don't think that it'll cool down drastically (actually I think it'll not go down at all) but only limit the level of increase of property price.

Owner vs buyer, I think the owner is still on the positive side.

Side track a bit, ppl complain about property price are roaring and can't afford it (wait till they became an owner then how?). Blame here blame there but never look at oneself why cannot afford? If I can't afford to buy a house I would only blame myself for not capable of earning enough.

Complain about HDB carpark not enough then raise the parking fee, KNN does the demand vs supply resolved? The numbers of cars is still remain the same la then park where? Sibeh smart those ppl in HDB

We all complain about road congestion traffic jam la, yeah govt got solution and up the ERP gantries and lesser COE. This policy song boh? With all sorts of policies come out govt sure win wan and still it doesn't rectify the real problem. sign....... :(

Plastic3, want to seek your views. you think is there going to be any impact on pte rentals? If so, what you think the impact will be (and on what timeline?)

Thanks much in advance

I feel lower-end private rental will benefit as a good number of PRs will rent instead of buy (PRs cannot own property in their home country if they buy a HDB here)

With the high rental prices of HDB, the PRs may just rent a private property...

I feel lower-end private rental will benefit as a good number of PRs will rent instead of buy (PRs cannot own property in their home country if they buy a HDB here)

With the high rental prices of HDB, the PRs may just rent a private property...

Isn't it a lot of work for HDB to check if these PRs own a property in their home countries? Further, some of them could easily cover up information understanding how rampant bribery is in some countries.

Isn't it a lot of work for HDB to check if these PRs own a property in their home countries? Further, some of them could easily cover up information understanding how rampant bribery is in some countries.

We all know certain countries have degree millers. If degrees can be forged in these countries, property deeds can be forged too.

Actually don't forge also can. Just register a company overseas, transfer the overseas property to the company. Or transfer it to overseas family members.

Most likely HDB will try to catch a few cases and broadcast these cases + penalities all over the media to instill fear on people so that less people will try to be funny.

Edited by forgotten

We have all sorts of new policies implemented but till now I don't see any which really focus/address to the real problem, the supply of a roof over our head. What HDB had came out is only slapping off those speculators/investors but not meeting the huge demand of ppl who needs a home. The sentiments will most probably bring down the COV for a while but when the real open market resale "demand vs supply" comes back to the kick..... I think we'll be back to square one

LKY has said in public abt MBT: "If he can't resolve the property pricing issue, he deserved to be voted out".

If back to square one, let's see MBT is "in" or "out".

Edited by bepgof

LKY has said in public abt MBT: "If he can't resolve the property pricing issue, he deserved to be voted out".

If back to square one, let's see MBT is "in" or "out".

but dun forget MBT is oso the genius who pioneered the concept of COEs and was well-liked by the old guard....how can he say such 过河拆桥 statements?

Edited by neubie

Actually don't forge also can. Just register a company overseas, transfer the overseas property to the company. Or transfer it to overseas family members.

Corporate tax are different in some country.

Transfer to family members ,and risk court issues later because of disputes. There is also some fees incurred in transfers.

Nothing is free. Worth doing just for a miserable pathetic HDB ?

Of course there will be people who may flout the rules, like the "lock 1-room" rentals, some do it...some don't.

Generally, I still expect less PRs to buy Flats here.

I don't think that re-sale price will go down as what everyone claim will happen.

Simple reason is this, If I have a re-sale flat now, there will be absolutely no incentives for me to sell now. If I am intending to upgrade to a private property. I will die die try to hold on to both. Selling a re-sale and buying private means in the future I won't be able to buy re-sale again. Likewise for those who currently own both private and HDB will definitely not sell their HDB as that will be their only chance to ever own HDB (unless they intend to sell their private which I don't think anyone will)

Yes demand will go down as PR will be force out of the market unless they sell their overseas home (or find a way around it). But you ask yourself where will the supply come from now onwards? Just ask who in this forum will want to sell their HDB now, I think it be difficult to find much people.

yeah.. i think there resale price might go the opp direction. I observed that since the new policies , there is no new units in my area put on sale. And the only 2 on sale is still asking for 100+ cov.

hiak hiak.... we may be into a new exciting time.. where seller ask for sky high cov and buyers no choice has to buy because limited supply.

If this is true , Thanks MBT.

I don't think that re-sale price will go down as what everyone claim will happen.

Simple reason is this, If I have a re-sale flat now, there will be absolutely no incentives for me to sell now. If I am intending to upgrade to a private property. I will die die try to hold on to both. Selling a re-sale and buying private means in the future I won't be able to buy re-sale again. Likewise for those who currently own both private and HDB will definitely not sell their HDB as that will be their only chance to ever own HDB (unless they intend to sell their private which I don't think anyone will)

Yes demand will go down as PR will be force out of the market unless they sell their overseas home (or find a way around it). But you ask yourself where will the supply come from now onwards? Just ask who in this forum will want to sell their HDB now, I think it be difficult to find much people.

Yes, I agree with you. Those who own a HDB flat and a condo will definitely not sell their HDB as they will not be able to buy another HDB flat again. Thr people who suffer the most from this rule is those who only own a condo or a private property. In the past, they can buy a HDB flat to rent out as they are about half the price of condo. Now, they will have to buy a condo to rent out which will be less affordable...

yeah.. i think there resale price might go the opp direction. I observed that since the new policies , there is no new units in my area put on sale. And the only 2 on sale is still asking for 100+ cov.

hiak hiak.... we may be into a new exciting time.. where seller ask for sky high cov and buyers no choice has to buy because limited supply.

If this is true , Thanks MBT.

Either this way, or the mass market move to the pte sector, or rental.

Demand had to move, The 16,000 units better start coming up fast :)

Yes, I agree with you. Those who own a HDB flat and a condo will definitely not sell their HDB as they will not be able to buy another HDB flat again. Thr people who suffer the most from this rule is those who only own a condo or a private property. In the past, they can buy a HDB flat to rent out as they are about half the price of condo. Now, they will have to buy a condo to rent out which will be less affordable...

Not suffer lah, so strong words. Resale hdb had been in the market so long liao. Why wait so long.

There are other avenue of investment, not neccessary property :)