Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mel77

My 1st Appt (as A Buyer) Experience

Yesterday was my 1st appt (as a buyer) after postponement by the seller......

Appt was @ 9am, but seller nowhere to be found. Agent joking tells HDB officer that might need to file for missing person report with police.

HDB officer was kind enough to wait and told the seller agent to contact seller and get seller to come for the 1st appt. Whole saga was super F*&^ up feeling. Both myself and spouse was having a bad feeling that something might be wrong....

Eventually seller showed up @ 10:45am. Then the hi-cups on the seller's documentations. Si Bei Suay!

Hope others waiting for their 1st appt don't have such Experience!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yesterday was my 1st appt (as a buyer) after postponement by the seller......

Appt was @ 9am, but seller nowhere to be found. Agent joking tells HDB officer that might need to file for missing person report with police.

HDB officer was kind enough to wait and told the seller agent to contact seller and get seller to come for the 1st appt. Whole saga was super F*&^ up feeling. Both myself and spouse was having a bad feeling that something might be wrong....

Eventually seller showed up @ 10:45am. Then the hi-cups on the seller's documentations. Si Bei Suay!

Hope others waiting for their 1st appt don't have such Experience!

Thanks for sharing mel77. Do you mind sharing what hi-cups from the seller documentations? I thought if you are able to make 1st appt, the document should not have anymore problem. :unsure:

why the seller giving your problem?.. issit because they know that the valuation went up by 23k ?

No idea. Actually from OTP time i've been having issues..... the valuation report was not presented to us for sourcing of loan. But we insisted that the OTP date only start when we are presented with the valuation report.

Loads of other issues with the seller's attitude even the agents, legal firm.....etc all cannot tahan. Can you believe it that 1st appt was submitted on 24 or 25-Jun....HDB officer inspected house and inform of issues that seller needs to rectify, but yesterday at 1st appt, seller claims don't know.

Well i've met the "badminton" player, so now got to beef up my badminton skills also. Kekekeke!!!

No idea. Actually from OTP time i've been having issues..... the valuation report was not presented to us for sourcing of loan. But we insisted that the OTP date only start when we are presented with the valuation report.

Loads of other issues with the seller's attitude even the agents, legal firm.....etc all cannot tahan. Can you believe it that 1st appt was submitted on 24 or 25-Jun....HDB officer inspected house and inform of issues that seller needs to rectify, but yesterday at 1st appt, seller claims don't know.

Well i've met the "badminton" player, so now got to beef up my badminton skills also. Kekekeke!!!

Simply seller doesn't know what they are doing! Fix yr 2nd appt date aready? Remember, maximum for 2nd appt is 8 wk away from 1st appt, otherwise OTP voids. Anyway only HDB has "rights" to extend 8 wk to durther. If the more than 8 wk is due to seller's fault -can you this to void the whole sale and sue seller till his/her pants drop.

Edited by bepgof

Thanks for sharing mel77. Do you mind sharing what hi-cups from the seller documentations? I thought if you are able to make 1st appt, the document should not have anymore problem. :unsure:

Will PM you the hi-cups in documentation.

Simply seller doesn't know what they are doing! Fix yr 2nd appt date aready? Remember, maximum for 2nd appt is 8 wk away from 1st appt, otherwise OTP voids. Anyway only HDB has "rights" to extend 8 wk to durther. If the more than 8 wk is due to seller's fault -can you this to void the whole sale and sue seller till his/her pants drop.

2nd appt date fixed. Requested for 4 weeks as my place already sold and needs to hand over. Law firm says they will rush our documentation out, but is only worried that seller's documentation not complete and might cause the completion to delay.

2nd appt date fixed. Requested for 4 weeks as my place already sold and needs to hand over. Law firm says they will rush our documentation out, but is only worried that seller's documentation not complete and might cause the completion to delay.

Documentation not ready for 2nd appt?

- Property title deed loss/misplaced?

- Seller's mortgage loan having difficulty to settle?

- Seller divorce case? Or contra case?

Edited by bepgof

Documentation not ready for 2nd appt?

- Property title deed loss/misplaced?

- Seller's mortgage loan having difficulty to settle?

- Seller divorce case? Or contra case?

1. Property title should have been redeemed, but seller have not provided the law firm acting on behalf the OTP. Which law firm have been chasing since June.

2. Divorce papers not submitted to both HDB and law firm

3. Name change for seller, which was dated back in May. But NRIC and official documents still reflecting old name.

1. Property title should have been redeemed, but seller have not provided the law firm acting on behalf the OTP. Which law firm have been chasing since June.

2. Divorce papers not submitted to both HDB and law firm

3. Name change for seller, which was dated back in May. But NRIC and official documents still reflecting old name.

OMG, take care yourself, bye bye.

Edited by bepgof

Agar agar how old the sellers? Still want to change name for batter bazi/fs? Suggest him/her for a facelift better lah!

Agar agar how old the sellers? Still want to change name for batter bazi/fs? Suggest him/her for a facelift better lah!

Don't know how old the seller...but agar agar around mid/late 40s.

To date, required documents still not complete. Really pissed and if the completion delay....will need to temp storage, reno delay and alternate housing arrangements.

Finally completion done. But if after completion the house has many other issues, how can i get the seller to sort the issues?

1. All doors bo keys or keys jammed into the door locks

2. Window grills bo keys. Contractors need to open grills to work on the air-con

3. Illegal wirings that trips the house (tap wirings from air-con plug). Not sure how many more such things around the house. Fire hazard!!

4. When OTP state that the whole house was re-wired, but now (based on the circuit breaker) cannot have been done cos the breaker is very old type. (this one is our fault, didn't check)

I know bo pian i've to fix all this issues, since i've taken over the flat. But i want to make life difficult for the seller now, cos she totally claim don't know right now.

**** Pissed!! Even lawyers also si bei pissed off with her attitude.

Any advice appreciated! Kum sia!

Suggest that you move on, don't let all these little things affect your life.

Get all the problems fixed and enjoy your new place.

Finally completion done. But if after completion the house has many other issues, how can i get the seller to sort the issues?

1. All doors bo keys or keys jammed into the door locks

2. Window grills bo keys. Contractors need to open grills to work on the air-con

3. Illegal wirings that trips the house (tap wirings from air-con plug). Not sure how many more such things around the house. Fire hazard!!

4. When OTP state that the whole house was re-wired, but now (based on the circuit breaker) cannot have been done cos the breaker is very old type. (this one is our fault, didn't check)

I know bo pian i've to fix all this issues, since i've taken over the flat. But i want to make life difficult for the seller now, cos she totally claim don't know right now.

**** Pissed!! Even lawyers also si bei pissed off with her attitude.

Any advice appreciated! Kum sia!

Suggest that you move on, don't let all these little things affect your life.

Get all the problems fixed and enjoy your new place.

Thanks for your advice. Just need to know where to start from and not along the way i get surprises. This electrical thingy is getting on my nerves as i've old folks and kids at home.

I'm not re-doing the kitchen, thus getting the facts to whether the electrical wirings is done is important. Cos if not done and i need to re-wire, the kitchen and some areas needs to be torn down to access the cables. Which means the reno cost is going to increase further....