Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

It was a busy day at work today after a 15 days break!!

Now, managed to find some time to upload those pictures taken during my journey to the Silk Route!

We flew from Singapore to Beijing, and connect flight to Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang. The next morning, we visited the Tianshan Heavenly Lake. Temperature in Urumqi was around 28 degreesC, cool!

Blue clear sky with snow cap mountains in the backround, beautiful indeed!

16d6_831_uc4it.jpg

10ww_4f9_uc4it.jpg

16d6_f1b_uc4it.jpg

Boat ride along the Heavenly Lake...fantastic feeling!

157x_60f_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In Urumqi, we also visited the Redhill Park where the local people gather in the evening for leisure.

grpn_bb1_uc4it.jpg

A local Uygar woman with her daugther...both are very pretty!

grpn_4b4_uc4it.jpg

grpn_593_uc4it.jpg

Visit to the Grand Bazzaire selling lots of handicraft knives, swords, herbs, local handicrafts, accessories, etc.

grpn_0ec_uc4it.jpg

Our first meal in Urumqi, muslim food (with grilled mutton in the centre plate)

grpn_307_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

After spending a night in Urumqi, we flew to next destination - Kashgar or Kashi. This city is the most memorable as I had the chance to touch the snow for the first time, and I like the cold weather. We visited a local grand bazaar, a famous mosque. The next day, we drove to Tashkorgan on Pamire Plateau along Karakoram Highway with very beautiful mountain ranges along the way.

133j_18e_uc4it.jpg

Kashgar has the World's 2nd most beautiful range of snow cap mountains!

grpn_0b6_uc4it.jpg

133j_d9c_uc4it.jpg

13t6_b85_uc4it.jpg

grpn_491_uc4it.jpg

The drive to border between China and Pakistan, passing by Aoyitage primitive forest. Two days prior to our arrival, it was snowing in the mountain!! By the time we arrived at the border, the snow was already melted but there is still traces of small patches of snow everywhere!!

Hmmmm....the smiles on my face say it all!

I squad down to collect some snow, but the tour guide didn't capture my hand with the snow ball!!

pn4d_f0c_uc4it.jpg

The border between China & Pakistan:

dfx5_285_uc4it.jpg

dte4_77e_uc4it.jpg

grpn_3a1_uc4it.jpg

woah! you have a gd camera and the scenery is breath-taking... the pictures look great and of coz, you look great too! :D

It was a busy day at work today after a 15 days break!!

Now, managed to find some time to upload those pictures taken during my journey to the Silk Route!

We flew from Singapore to Beijing, and connect flight to Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang. The next morning, we visited the Tianshan Heavenly Lake. Temperature in Urumqi was around 28 degreesC, cool!

Blue clear sky with snow cap mountains in the backround, beautiful indeed!

10ww_4f9_uc4it.jpg

grpn_0b6_uc4it.jpg

13t6_b85_uc4it.jpg

this is nice! lovely scenary!

and yes, u look young for your age lor.

seriously, who will believe you have 3 kids (adulthood somemore)

dun mind, i show my collg ur photos and he say you looks in your 30s ..

hee..

woah! you have a gd camera and the scenery is breath-taking... the pictures look great and of coz, you look great too! :D

Welcome back Sis Mae! Dont mind if I ask, how old are you bcos U look sooo gorgeous...

L O V E the beautiful scenery... & are there a lot of muslim people there

this is nice! lovely scenary!

and yes, u look young for your age lor.

seriously, who will believe you have 3 kids (adulthood somemore)

dun mind, i show my collg ur photos and he say you looks in your 30s ..

hee..

U really look great! I also admire u being a strong & capable woman!

waa.. so fun!! i want to go too!!! :(

Dear Brothers & sisters

Thank you for your compliments! I guess my age & photo are no longer a secret after my house was featured in ST's column 'My Space' in May 2011. I am 51 years old as at Feb...and still getting older as days past by... :(

The pictures were taken with my son's Sony Cybershot, and some shots were taken from my iphone!!

Urumqi has about 40% muslim, and Kashgar has over 60% muslim community. In a later post, I will upload the pictures of the beautiful local Uygar people.

Continue with the journey in Kashgar:

The Crown Inn Hotel in a small town called Tashkorgan surrounded by snow-crowned mountains, with full wireless internet available!!

grpn_be0_uc4it.jpg

fjc1_5fc_uc4it.jpg

The toilet facilities...

grpn_c8a_uc4it.jpg

It is a 2-storey hotel operates by Singaporean

grpn_a57_uc4it.jpg

Surroundings....snow-capped mountains

grpn_bc5_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

....the beautiful town of Tashkorgan:

The quiet town of Tashkorgan, clean and NO traffic besides occassionally some tour buses, motor cycles & bicycles.

1791_f76_uc4it.jpg

The Museam...not open yet when we visited

qawi_bc7_uc4it.jpg

This is the type of mud-brick houses where the local minority people live.

grpn_c6a_uc4it.jpg

the 'check-point' just outside the Crown Inn Hotel where travellers applied the permit to visit the border between China & Pakistan.

f248_44e_uc4it.jpg

Besides the permit required to the border, all drivers are required to clock their time taken along the highway!! Penalty is imposed if drivers drive too fast and reached next checkpoint before target time!!

144n_36e_uc4it.jpg

Besides the permit required to the border, all drivers are required to clock their time taken along the highway!! Penalty is imposed if drivers drive too fast and reached next checkpoint before target time!!

144n_36e_uc4it.jpg

huh?

Serious? this is interesting.. if feel too fast, then got to slow down or stop, in order to ensure reach the next checkpoint according to the given time.

This place, the air must be really good.. coz not much pollution from the cars...

so nice! :)

huh?

Serious? this is interesting.. if feel too fast, then got to slow down or stop, in order to ensure reach the next checkpoint according to the given time.

Hi, sister

Yup, the speed is regulated as the 'highway' has dangerous sharp bends and single way traffic, and most of the time we can see mud/water flows from mountains.

Look at these pictures - the day when we were travelling to Tashkorgan, it was raining the night before and you can see mud flood and water pouring from nearby earthy mountains! We were stucked for nearly 6 hours in a small town and our driver decided to make a detour and brought us to the Glacier Park (not in our program, but the tour guide made alternate arrangement for us because we are a Private tour group and the Manager of local travel agency is a close friend of one of our group member!! So, we have VIP treatment all the way!!).

Landslide and rows of heavy vehicles lined up the side of road of the small town which was flooded!! From this picture, you can see the after math of the mud slide in the front end of road where clearing is in progress.

qnqs_50f_uc4it.jpg

What happened to the village after the mud flood!!!

rssg_721_uc4it.jpg

Villagers & workers clearing the muddy water in front of their homes/offices..

hg7m_484_uc4it.jpg

Range of red earth mountains everywhere...

gwm8_db9_uc4it.jpg

Murky water overflowing onto the road...

17hy_688_uc4it.jpg

This place, the air must be really good.. coz not much pollution from the cars...

so nice! :)

Tashkorgan is a very nice place with clean air, a drastic contrast when compared to Beijing!! I will post the pictures taken in Beijing and you can only see 'hazy' greyish sky, NO blue sky in Beijing!!