Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Some months ago, forumer 'ej' organised a group buy for these Luminer cubes and shipments arrived weeks ago:

g33a_d25_uc4it.png

As I do not want to travel all the way from one end to another to collect the 2 Cubes, I asked for delivery service. Initially, I was quoted $50 for transport fee but I deemed it too expensive. I asked them to take their time to arrange delivery and they can deliver to me when they have delivery around my area. Yesterday, while they were delivering goods to IMM, they include my order and charge me $30 for transport fee which is reasonable because if I were to collect the two bulky cubes personally at Bedok, I would end up paying more than $30 for taxi fare!!

Here are the cubes which I tested last evening:

ed31_c36_uc4it.jpg

I have mentioned that I bought these cubes for feng shui purpose. I will write something on this aspect shortly. :P

very nice . now i abit regret i din join the GB wor...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Continued with our Silk Road journey, which considered complete only with the visit to Gao Chang City & Jiao He, both located in the city of Turpan.

kejn_3e8_uc4it.jpg

wgm1_9bc_uc4it.jpg

n3ib_0cf_uc4it.jpg

kejn_f8f_uc4it.jpg

This is where the Thousand Buddha wall murals were badly defaced during the cultural revolution:

p4sh_187_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

continued from above:

We saw in Turpan ( 吐鲁番) its massive wind turbine farm that converts kinetic energy from the wind into mechanical energy.

We visited the historical places like the Grape Valley, Kirez Wells, The Thousand Buddha Caves, Gaochang City ruins, Flaming Mountains (of Journey To The West (西遊記) fame) and Jiaohe Ancient City.

10cb_703_uc4it.jpg

114x_ffc_uc4it.jpg

Start of the journey at Gao Chang city...ground temperature is 47 degreeC!!!

iooq_761_uc4it.jpg

jtox_761_uc4it.jpg

The Flaming Mountain

jimn_c42_uc4it.jpg

Remember I wrote earlier that I bought the 2 Luminer cubes for Feng Shui purpose?

You have heard of FSM prescribing some forms of lights cure from hanging a lamp in a certain area and keep it lit 24 hours a day, placement of multi-faceted crystal balls or spheres for a purpose, using of bright coloured wall hangings, bright colours sofa settees, etc, etc...anything that is Yang in colour.

As I learnt and practised Classical Feng Shui, I am not so keen about colour as it plays insignificant role in Feng Shui. However, light does provide an important role as it illuminates an area, brings an uplifting energy into an otherwise dark and Yin environment. For me, I will use these cubes for this purpose, and using the colour according to the respective energy it symbolises: Earth, Metal, Fire, Water, Wood; in the area where I need it.

green colour light

kywk_2c8_uc4it.jpg

Blue colour light

e4rn_514_uc4it.jpg

Red colour light

xcy8_bb3_uc4it.jpg

White cube is used as a 'metal cure' if not switching on the LED lights.

16u5_b12_uc4it.jpg

So, you roughly know that I will be shifting the cube around the house, monthly & yearly!!

Hi mae, can i check w u if u use massive remote control for ur light?? If yes, can i check if we use the remote, do we still have the normal switch to on the light or just depend on the remote solely...,

Hi mae, can i check w u if u use massive remote control for ur light?? If yes, can i check if we use the remote, do we still have the normal switch to on the light or just depend on the remote solely...,

Hi, bro Shawn

Thank you for visiting my blog here :)

Yes, still need to install normal switch for the lights, and the switch has to be remained "ON" before we can activate the remote control for the lights.

One minus point - my remote control is now faulty and electrician is coming this Sat to check what's wrong with it. :( Heard from my electrician that this kind of remote control breaks down quite frequently.

Is the Luminer cube still available for purchase?

Hi, sister

Thank you for dropping by!

The cubes are available from:

Contat decor

Address:

Blk 3018 Bedok North Street 5,

#05-21 Eastlink,

Singapore 486132

Contact Number: +65 6442 4904

Sales Person Mr Jonas

Hope this helps.

Wahhhh. With her boy's results, already good mood. Add good scenery some more. Bliss lar.

Talking about Bliss...hmmmm, like most parents, we are truly blessed and happy when our children grow up and behave well.

My second son got his first full month salary on 23 August (it was pro-rate in July), and he sent me the following text message on 22 Aug:

Son: Mom, you got OCBC credit card? Wanna go out for dinner tml?

Me: I have the card. Where we go?

Son: Heard of triple 3? At sommerset? Its more cater towards western and Japan food. or you have any suggestion?

So, we went for buffet dinner at Triple 3, Mandarin Hotel, which has 1-for-1 offer (at SGD89.90 per pax) with OCBC credit card.

Then, knowing that I like mango and durian, he sent the following message to me while I was out for dinner with a close friend at Bottle Tree Park last night:

I've bought 2 mango and 2 durian moon cake from GoodWood Park. I've placed them on the fridge.

seor_3d6_uc4it.jpg

rm2o_acc_uc4it.jpg

I was overjoyed when I see this beautiful pack in the fridge!!

Edited by mae29

Hi, bro Shawn

Thank you for visiting my blog here :)

Yes, still need to install normal switch for the lights, and the switch has to be remained "ON" before we can activate the remote control for the lights.

One minus point - my remote control is now faulty and electrician is coming this Sat to check what's wrong with it. :( Heard from my electrician that this kind of remote control breaks down quite frequently.

Thanks for the reply mae. Your "ON" state meaning I need to have the switch for the light point to be on b4 i can use the remote??? Currently my electrician install the remote for me but without normal switch... meaning i can only on the light w remote... which i think is not quite logic... What happen if remote is faulty which happened in ur case...

Think my electrician quite lousy... need to get them to retify it...

Btw can i check how much u get for the lumi light at bedok?

Hey mae, thanx for the info. Appreciated. =)

Hi, sister

Thank you for dropping by!

The cubes are available from:

Contat decor

Address:

Blk 3018 Bedok North Street 5,

#05-21 Eastlink,

Singapore 486132

Contact Number: +65 6442 4904

Sales Person Mr Jonas

Hope this helps.

You have such a good and filial son. You must be really happy. Congrats. I'm sure the mooncakes taste even yummier than the usual ones. :)

Thanks for the reply mae. Your "ON" state meaning I need to have the switch for the light point to be on b4 i can use the remote??? Currently my electrician install the remote for me but without normal switch... meaning i can only on the light w remote... which i think is not quite logic... What happen if remote is faulty which happened in ur case...

Think my electrician quite lousy... need to get them to retify it...

Yes, you are right.

I took a few pictures this morning with my iphone to explain what it means and how my electrician programmed the lights in my MBR:

The main switch and the default setting; the 3 downlights at entrance walkway of my Master Bedroom:

pgl0_a03_uc4it.jpg

Programming sequence for the rest of the lights:

17rj_7d6_uc4it.jpg

If I am using the remote control, I just leave the main switch ON, and press the button A, B, C or D on the remote control device to switch ON and OFF, with one press only.

Here is the Updated Pricelist for the Luminier Cubes we bought from Contatdecor, according to their facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lumi%C3%A8r3/125288180885262

XL3 RRP $400 each

L3 RRP $350 each

ControlPro Remote $78 each

For us, we got it through Group Buy which has 20% off the RRP.

Edited by mae29

You have such a good and filial son. You must be really happy. Congrats. I'm sure the mooncakes taste even yummier than the usual ones. :)

Thanks, Sis Adi!

Btw, your house turned out amazing! Love your dining area, TV console and I am drooling over the lights and beautiful bathroom.

Don't forget to invite me to your house warming party. :sport-smiley-004: