Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

the excel have the header as the logo of the company leh..... how to "sell" to other contractors? need to replace it lah.. hehehehe.... some contractors have good admin staff that can do good template then no need for me lah...heheheh.e...

Actually I received a quotation from one ID firm in full Excel format and by far the BEST quality in terms of format & layout....and also their price lor :lol:

I can email that to you, as reference ...and may be you can improvise from there for your contractor. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yea man, can't stand 2007... and now after getting Macbook, gotta use 2011 and re-learn everything again................. zz

Marshy

So looks like you are working on 2 Excel versions :o at Home using newer version on your Mac & Office using 2003 :unsure:

Marshy

So looks like you are working on 2 Excel versions :o at Home using newer version on your Mac & Office using 2003 :unsure:

no... now office using 2007. changed from 1997 not long ago (yes you didn't read wrongly! using 1997 when it's already 2010! :bow:)

totally hate the graph plotting in 2007.. it's simply STUPID... can't believe 1997 can do better.......... :bangwall:

previous job used 2000, home PC was 2003, hubby's PC was office XP, current Macbook is 2011...... i think i have used almost all versions of Microsoft Excel from recent years~ :sport-smiley-018:

Actually I received a quotation from one ID firm in full Excel format and by far the BEST quality in terms of format & layout....and also their price lor :lol:

I can email that to you, as reference ...and may be you can improvise from there for your contractor. :)

what i did was doing a lot of automation. once he choose "kitchen" then full list of items works to do for kitchen will come out for him to choose. once he choose the work, then picing will come out automatically again. that way, he no need to worry abt typing wrong spelling or quote wrongly. :) Also i have options for him to select different levels of clients so for eg, those returning clients, different pricing, recommended clients different pricing and walks in different pricing. but all these are just indicative. He still can change pricing if he wants by doing it manually.....

it will save a lot of his time and his other workers time.

what i did was doing a lot of automation. once he choose "kitchen" then full list of items works to do for kitchen will come out for him to choose. once he choose the work, then picing will come out automatically again. that way, he no need to worry abt typing wrong spelling or quote wrongly. :) Also i have options for him to select different levels of clients so for eg, those returning clients, different pricing, recommended clients different pricing and walks in different pricing. but all these are just indicative. He still can change pricing if he wants by doing it manually.....

wah so you know all his price information... commercial secret siah :notti:

wah so you know all his price information... commercial secret siah :notti:

doesn't matter to me... he need to have his earnings... and he can don't tell me but he knows i won't do anything abt it... :rolleyes:

Wow got different pricing some more ~ those walk-in customers kena "carrot" is it? :notti:

Wow got different pricing some more ~ those walk-in customers kena "carrot" is it? :notti:

wah cannot say like that la.... "carrot" is a sensitive word hahahahaha :lol: should say good customers got good discount :P

wah cannot say like that la.... "carrot" is a sensitive word hahahahaha :lol: should say good customers got good discount :P

But May herself said different pricing wo

Then it should be renamed as " different discount policy" which sounds more appropriate.

- Walk in New customers: no discount

- Repeat customers: X% discount

- Recommended customers: Y discount

But May herself said different pricing wo

Then it should be renamed as " different discount policy" which sounds more appropriate.

- Walk in New customers: no discount

- Repeat customers: X% discount

- Recommended customers: Y discount

Yup, something like that lah. Hehe....

I just finished my discussion. From 8.30pm to 2am. Every little details have to think but I think my main door will be very wonderful!!! :) the laminate will attract everyone...

Yup, something like that lah. Hehe....

I just finished my discussion. From 8.30pm to 2am. Every little details have to think but I think my main door will be very wonderful!!! :) the laminate will attract everyone...

May

Seems your working relationship with your contractor is :good::good:

Good relationship = good working atmosphere, easy to 'cham siong', easy to nego.

I already taken the 'Bad Customer' award, left with the award for 'Good Customer' which can give it to you now. ;)

Yesterday busy with online transactions & kena 'kicked' out by Gateway timed out several times! :bangwall: Wasted so much time doing nothing......and today is no difference!!! :ph34r:

Edited by mae29

:bangwall:

May

Good relationship = good working atmosphere, easy to 'cham siong', easy to nego.

I already taken the 'Bad Customer' award, left with the award for 'Good Customer' which can give it to you now. ;)

Yesterday busy with online transactions & kena 'kicked' out by Gateway timed out several times! :bangwall: Wasted so much time doing nothing......and today is no difference!!! :ph34r:

did you feedback to your IT department? sigh this can indeed be frustrating....

did you feedback to your IT department? sigh this can indeed be frustrating....

Feedback also useless lor :(

Our network all the while is working like snail crawling, then when email server is migrated to IBM Germany, the situation just gotten from bad to worse :(

Sometimes really gave up using Internet at work!

Edited by mae29

May

Haha.... Ya we have very good relationship. I am quite glad I choose him. He always disturb me as well cos I am very "deh".

All I just want is finish on time and reasonable good quality. 3 more weeks to go!!

Feedback also useless lor :(

Our network all the while is working like snail crawling, then when email server is migrated to IBM Germany, the situation just gotten from bad to worse :(

Sometimes really gave up using Internet at work!

But if no internet, can't imagine how to get all the work done nowadays, we are now so dependent on it :dunno: