Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

21 May chopped! You will be checking with friends78 if date is ok for her?

I'm okie with both dates. But will need to cancel if GE falls on that day cos I need to work :( I'm planning for 7 May for my housewarming...But don't dare to book caterer yet ... Waiting anxiously for them to announce the date... Sigh....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow Merydith, very long time no see!! how's your house so far? good? :lol:

hey yo!!

long long time no see la. my house okie lor... not up to my high expectations standard but then i make do la. what to do? so how's yours? we move into our new house around the same time wor.

sis mae, thanks for your hospitality and really nice to see your house in reality! love the big windows! and the blue MBR! and of course the "pantry"... hahaha :lol:

ya lor, never eat~ :( so we ate your share LOL~ btw, somehow i found you and your fren look kinda alike. hahaha :P

Sis Marshy

I am glad to meet you and your hubby again! Lovely cheese cake! It was so tasty & yummy that I can't resist to take a picture of the balance portion for memory!

fmof_929_uc4it.jpg

Bro Kobelala

This big portion is yours!! :)

hi mae,

only saw your blog now since i've been missing for months after my reno completed!.. btw, i used to live in pandan for over 20 years, since i was a baby and only moved out when i got married! my parents were still living there though. when my hubby and i decided to move from our first house, we were thinking of the point blocks in pandan but in the end we opt for our current place. now looking at your huge windows, i kinda thought why didn't i just go with pandan point blocks ah!

i know which block you are! and i happen to have a friend staying in the same block with the same facing too! i think he's on the 22nd floor?

btw, great job with your newly revamped abode! you do have good taste wor.

wow Merydith, very long time no see!! how's your house so far? good? :lol:

Hey, Merydith

Thank you for dropping by.....so we were once neighbours huh? Probably you might have met me if you visit your parents because I am like the auntie busy buying groceries & 'ta-pou' from the row of shops almost daily. :lol:

I am also glad that you know sis Marshy ...we are making more and more friends in this forum! Hooray!

I'm okie with both dates. But will need to cancel if GE falls on that day cos I need to work :( I'm planning for 7 May for my housewarming...But don't dare to book caterer yet ... Waiting anxiously for them to announce the date... Sigh....

GE falls on 21-May? Wow...you also work for 'gahmen' huh? Usually GE falls on a Saturday.....then plan your housewarming on Sunday lor...surely a very safe day!

sis mae, thanks for your hospitality and really nice to see your house in reality! love the big windows! and the blue MBR! and of course the "pantry"... hahaha :lol:

I actually did not notice the 'big' windows; only knew that we have 'wide' windows from corner to corner. Come to think of it, our windows are really big & wide!

Here comes the 'pantry' which supposed to be the 'mini garden'.....now becomes 'pantry' :lol:

t49w_dcc_uc4it.jpg

GE falls on 21-May? Wow...you also work for 'gahmen' huh? Usually GE falls on a Saturday.....then plan your housewarming on Sunday lor...surely a very safe day!

Everyone says shd be in May...but don't know which day so the wait is very painful... Yah loh, me civil servant...Sunday is family day for most leh.. Scared the turnout rate not so good if on sunday...

Everyone says shd be in May...but don't know which day so the wait is very painful... Yah loh, me civil servant...Sunday is family day for most leh.. Scared the turnout rate not so good if on sunday...

i also "gahmen" one... hehehe...

hey yo!!

long long time no see la. my house okie lor... not up to my high expectations standard but then i make do la. what to do? so how's yours? we move into our new house around the same time wor.

oh why leh? it's becos of workmanship or? hahaha mine is ok la... yup we reno almost same time... i almost signed with your contractor haha :D

Hey, Merydith

Thank you for dropping by.....so we were once neighbours huh? Probably you might have met me if you visit your parents because I am like the auntie busy buying groceries & 'ta-pou' from the row of shops almost daily. :lol:

I am also glad that you know sis Marshy ...we are making more and more friends in this forum! Hooray!

sis mae, your estate is so cosy, you two probably have bumped into each other before hahaha~ :)

Sis Marshy

I am glad to meet you and your hubby again! Lovely cheese cake! It was so tasty & yummy that I can't resist to take a picture of the balance portion for memory!

fmof_929_uc4it.jpg

Bro Kobelala

This big portion is yours!! :)

aiyo *blush* i think the cake is so-so only la but guess everyone loves chocolate? :lol: i hope next time the pattern can draw nicer... LOL~

Here comes the 'pantry' which supposed to be the 'mini garden'.....now becomes 'pantry' :lol:

hope you not angry with us saying that it reminds us of office pantry~ :P i really think it's becos of the water dispenser LOL

i also "gahmen" one... hehehe...

one colleague of mine said he heard from "insider news" that GE will be 30 Apr. Another colleague said he also heard from "insider news" that GE will be 7 May.

funny how civil servants (friends78, csingeu, hubby) don't hear any news at all~ :lol:

one colleague of mine said he heard from "insider news" that GE will be 30 Apr. Another colleague said he also heard from "insider news" that GE will be 7 May.

funny how civil servants (friends78, csingeu, hubby) don't hear any news at all~ :lol:

Ha! Ha! I went for the GE training also no insider news leh... :rolleyes: After GE still got president election... :(

Ha! Ha! I went for the GE training also no insider news leh... :rolleyes: After GE still got president election... :(

exactly! hubby also went "Ha! Ha!' after hearing what i said :lol:

luckily he doesn't need to work on GE....

Hey, Merydith

Yes, we were once neighbours! i moved out in 2002 but I still go back once a week at least. Maybe can call you and drop by your nice place hor? hehe. i only go to that row of shops to see doc and have my favourite kway teow soup. been patronising the mee stall since i was a little girl.

btw, you have problems with your blum drawer runners? some of mine cannot close properly liao wor. have to give it a push to close completely.

oh why leh? it's becos of workmanship or? hahaha mine is ok la... yup we reno almost same time... i almost signed with your contractor haha :D

ya.. workmanship wasn't tip top leh. and i don't know why the MBR toilet will have this awful sewage/**** smell after the reno complete. it's still there now lor.. numerous plumber visits also cannot solve. so sianz leh.

aiyo *blush* i think the cake is so-so only la but guess everyone loves chocolate? :lol: i hope next time the pattern can draw nicer... LOL~

hope you not angry with us saying that it reminds us of office pantry~ :P i really think it's becos of the water dispenser LOL

Your baking skill is :good::good::good:

The pantry area :o I am happy that I have a classified area now. ;)

When I relocated the sink, I can only think of turning that area into 'mini garden' where I can place the wooden bench which I can't bear to throw away (only this bench & few IKEA stuffs which you saw in my house which I recycle).

Now, I spend my time reading books in that corner as it is very windy & have good views (unlike the converted tiny living room)..... . :lol:

Then, you spotted the legs of our dining chairs wearing 'socks'..... :lol: The corners of the chair legs are quite sharp and have to prevent it hurting the 'human' legs and scratching the floors :lol:

hhhk_c30_uc4it.jpg

Your baking skill is :good::good::good:

yes... i like the cheesecake... quite nice wat... would be better if there's some coffee/tea to go with it... LOL... though I'm thinking more of those Starbucks frappies... :P

Then, you spotted the legs of our dining chairs wearing 'socks'..... :lol: The corners of the chair legs are quite sharp and have to prevent it hurting the 'human' legs and scratching the floors :lol:

hhhk_c30_uc4it.jpg

OMG... they actually have socks for chair legs?

amazing... LOL...

Bro csingeu

I am glad that you & your wife managed to pop by after your meeting with contractor.

Next gathering we will meet everybody there, ok?

In the meantime, relax & focus on studying for your exam!

Good Luck be with you Always!

Would have preferred to drop by earlier... so that we can spend more time at your place and catching up with the rest...

I was still telling my wife, i must go, coz I wanted to meet bro Kobelala... LOL... but too bad, he left b4 i reached...

was tied up with the contractor, as his previous clients took more time... and I was only expecting to clarify some additional items and changes with him, and maybe choose some laminates for the kitchen cabinet...

ended up... but one thing led to another, and we were choosing everything... from staircase rail colour to balcony door colour, etc...

will try to join in for the may gathering at boon keng...

I should be more free then :)