Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

I can buy ~15 sets of the white table + 2 chairs!! :D

hahahaha... good cost saving indeed~ :D

just like why i ended up buying the portable induction cooker... can by 10~15 sets of the build-in ones! :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A simple accessories also have lesson learnt! LOL :lol:

Bought this design for one of the 2 door hangers at HWS:

grq5_ed5_uc4it.jpg

...but too chuncky and door cannot close!

grq5_f24_uc4it.jpg

Then I went back HWS to exchange to this design:

grq5_f59_uc4it.jpg

OMG.....new problem :( the 'cling cling clong clong' when I close the door because the metal plate is too thick and the hook is the broad type resting on the edge of door....and you can see the hanger is 'lifted' & pushed forward when door is closed.

The other design for my son's bedroom is okie....

grq5_561_uc4it.jpg

So, I went back to HWS to exchange to the same design for MBR.....slim and have hooks which can bend to fit snugly :lol:

Aiyah.....spent 3 trips to HWS just to get the right fit of door hangers!!

Lesson Learnt: Don't think thick metal is better....better buy the 'softer' metal which can bend a little to sit snugly on top of door.

Edited by mae29

hahahaha... good cost saving indeed~ :D

just like why i ended up buying the portable induction cooker... can by 10~15 sets of the build-in ones! :lol:

Smart brains think ALIKE...muahahah :lol:

You do not have to worry the warranty issue! After a few years, can get a new one! Moreover, your portable induction cooker is easier to clean up, and save alot of space!!

A simple accessories also have lesson learnt! LOL :lol:

Bought this design for one of the 2 door hangers at HWS:

grq5_ed5_uc4it.jpg

...but too chuncky and door cannot close!

grq5_f24_uc4it.jpg

Then I went back HWS to exchange to this design:

grq5_f59_uc4it.jpg

OMG.....new problem :( the 'cling cling clong clong' when I close the door because the metal plate is too thick and the hook is the broad type resting on the edge of door....and you can see the hanger is 'lifted' & pushed forward when door is closed.

The other design for my son's bedroom is okie....

grq5_561_uc4it.jpg

So, I went back to HWS to exchange to the same design for MBR.....slim and have hooks which can bend to fit snugly :lol:

Aiyah.....spent 3 trips to HWS just to get the right fit of door hangers!!

Lesson Learnt: Don't think thick metal is better....better buy the 'softer' metal which can bend a little to sit snugly on top of door.

i actually considered putting this kind of hangers for my wardrobe... but scare if i hang too many things, the doors will sag~ so haven't gotten any type of hooks yet... still thinking (sounds like my wedding portrait? hahahaha~ :lol:)

HSW also quite nice la, let you change so many times... :good:

Smart brains think ALIKE...muahahah :lol:

You do not have to worry the warranty issue! After a few years, can get a new one! Moreover, your portable induction cooker is easier to clean up, and save alot of space!!

yea, if 3 yrs down the road it spoils, i won't feel heart pain throwing it away~ :P downside is the higher electrical tariff compared to gas... :( but what to do cos citygas doesn't like my estate :angry: and i dun like LPG cylinders~

i actually considered putting this kind of hangers for my wardrobe... but scare if i hang too many things, the doors will sag~ so haven't gotten any type of hooks yet... still thinking (sounds like my wedding portrait? hahahaha~ :lol:)

HSW also quite nice la, let you change so many times... :good:

yea, if 3 yrs down the road it spoils, i won't feel heart pain throwing it away~ :P downside is the higher electrical tariff compared to gas... :( but what to do cos citygas doesn't like my estate :angry: and i dun like LPG cylinders~

My old wardrobe with swing doors I have the cheaper door hanger for my accessories and really very heavy wo :( Now, my accessories are kept like junks in a container when I packed up for renovation. All bead chains, bangles are all entangled and I gave up wearing them!

For the LPG cylinders, I also :no: dare to use them...scare of my face becomes this :ph34r:

While at IMM today, saw Giant is having electronic fairs. One uncle from opposite shop came over and chit-chat with me and recommended a Samsung CD sound system, 850W, selling at $99 only (usual price $149). He took out a CD and tested the sound system and he highly recommended this Samsung player. As that was also the last set, I decided to buy it.

After paying up, my fickle minded decided to change to Philips HTS, going for $299, usual price $499. Sound-wise not as good as Samsung CD player, but it has DVD, tuner, CD, can also play songs from i-pod, etc, with more functions than Samsung CD player.

Comes with free delivery.....so, instead of procastinating whether to buy the blueray soundbar at $1400- $1600, better get something cheap now. ...no regret as I have already lived for the past months without Music!!

wtfo_8b8_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

The photographer from Straits Times who came last week.....

grq5_b70_uc4it.jpg

....and I have cleared away some 'junks' displays on the kitchen cabinet before the photographer came.... :lol:

grq5_cc2_uc4it.jpg

...left some crystals and souvenirs until I get a proper display cabinet!

grq5_84f_uc4it.jpg

grq5_b70_uc4it.jpg

....and I have cleared away some 'junks' displays on the kitchen cabinet before the photographer came.... :lol:

Woah Sis Mae, your place will be featured on Strait Times :yamseng: ? Wooohooo ! I'm so proud that I;ve been to your place :sport-smiley-004:

grq5_b70_uc4it.jpg

when will it be featured huh? i want to go buy the newspaper to see!!! :):sport-smiley-004:

Woah Sis Mae, your place will be featured on Strait Times :yamseng: ? Wooohooo ! I'm so proud that I;ve been to your place :sport-smiley-004:

when will it be featured huh? i want to go buy the newspaper to see!!! :):sport-smiley-004:

Sis Mae,

They will publish in Sunday Times rite? Keep us updated, I want to see the write-up and the pics :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Hi Bro & Sis

Actually I was a little reluctant to have it featured, but decided to contribute to ST's Sunday Column "My Space", & consider it as once in a lifetime experience. I am already old & this could be my last house renovation & future renovation will be my children's home!

I have all your mobile numbers & will text you when it is published. :)

Sis Marshy

I made an impulse buy & got myself one set of cheap Philips HTS ...... No more procastinating!! So, when are you gonna hang up your wedding portrait? Still want to think further where & when to hang it? :lol:

was it this lady called Kon Xin Hua pm u abt this interview? i received a pm from her. dunno zhun or not.. but my house so normal leh, compared to urs and many others. haha.. nothing impressive de...

was it this lady called Kon Xin Hua pm u abt this interview? i received a pm from her. dunno zhun or not.. but my house so normal leh, compared to urs and many others. haha.. nothing impressive de...

I also received her PM... Shd be true cos she did indicate her DID and email... Let's see how it goes....

I also received her PM... Shd be true cos she did indicate her DID and email... Let's see how it goes....

Everything will look nice under the eyes of good photographer. Each house is unique and have beautiful corners so if good photographer knows how to capture that, then will be wonderful loh. I guess through here is the only way that the reporter can get flats to be featured. Or else how to find flats to be featured on Sunday times on weekly basis? The team also wont know who did renovation.... Only through here. :)