Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

• Hard to convince the authority that public transportation is overcrowded. Ask elites to "spot ride" in peak hrs lor. Say no use, action!.

Never ending story.......

there was once the transport minister "spot ride" Bus 960 during peak hour. he said the condition was ok, not crowded... i looked at the photos, normal days' Bus 960 is surely not so empty... those live in Bukit Panjang should know what i mean.

sighz.

Hi, Emobebe

I am happy to see you dropping by my blog, thank you!

I paid $400 for the rain shower, and I know it is a good deal. Brand is ONIMI Italia.

just btw, my rain shower also Onimi~ :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bro bepgof

I appreciate your comments, very well said! :good:

Younger Generations lifestyles and consumption patterns are gradually shaping our society.

Even 'gahmen' now is giving the Younger Generations the chance to create a better future (?) :rolleyes:

My dear 18 years old son asked me this question recently: "Mum, when you employed maid, you paid levy to the gahmen. You earn money, you pay tax. You get more bonuses, you paid even more taxes. All these years, you pay and pay to gahmen, what have they given you?"

Looking at his eyes, I am stunned because I have no answers for him!

you can tell him that they keep the country safe and plan and think about the future. Planning for a country is not easy, even planning for renovation already took us so long..... so if no one plan for singapore, it will not survive by itself.

singapore have one of the lowest rate of income tax, though not the lowest for GST. where in this world you can go that you will not get taxed? middle east countries maybe.... since they have to much oil that they don't need income from the people. maybe to avoid "pay & pay", move to middle east loh....

the younger generations are mostly "takers". only think about what gahmen can do for them but not what they can do to the society.

you can tell him that they keep the country safe and plan and think about the future. Planning for a country is not easy, even planning for renovation already took us so long..... so if no one plan for singapore, it will not survive by itself.

singapore have one of the lowest rate of income tax, though not the lowest for GST. where in this world you can go that you will not get taxed? middle east countries maybe.... since they have to much oil that they don't need income from the people. maybe to avoid "pay & pay", move to middle east loh....

the younger generations are mostly "takers". only think about what gahmen can do for them but not what they can do to the society.

At least SG gov gives something to the citizen:

- Proper health-care, yes it might not be cheap but reliable. SG does not have issues with illegal or fake medicine.

- Security and peace-of-mind. This is priceless. In SG, how many ppl worry that they need someone to keep an eye of their house when they go for holiday? How many ppl walk at night?

- City planning. It's not perfect but it's still there. Planning of the roads, highways, etc. Does anyone know the city planning in Jakarta?

- Clean food. The food that you buy in most hawker centre are in general clean (of course, there's always exception). Can you say the same in other places like Vietnam, Jakarta, KL, etc?

Maybe we should divert frmo this topic, it's mae29 reno-blog :P

Maybe we should divert frmo this topic, it's mae29 reno-blog :P

No problem.... My blog is already 'rojak', anything interesting can discuss here :)

I had told him exactly the good things about Singapore when he asked who I will cast my vote for.

He retorted that we are a small country, given any leaders they too can run well, especially they are paid world best salary! That's why he popped me the above question!

However, what the younger generations think is not wrong too - he asked me 'after pay & pay', when I'm old & aged, what the 'gahmen' do? ...dun talk about the children ...if I have no money to stay in old folks home?

Like you said, younger generations are mostly "takers" lor.

So, let them think the pastures overseas are always greener than homeland!

No problem.... My blog is already 'rojak', anything interesting can discuss here :)

hahahaha that's what happened to most of the t-blog... become nice places for friends to chit-chat~ :lol:

there was once the transport minister "spot ride" Bus 960 during peak hour. he said the condition was ok, not crowded... i looked at the photos, normal days' Bus 960 is surely not so empty... those live in Bukit Panjang should know what i mean.

sighz.

When they "spot ride", they already surveyed & knew which bus is less crowded during peak hours!!

For show ride, they purposely pick that trial ride!

I had told him exactly the good things about Singapore when he asked who I will cast my vote for.

He retorted that we are a small country, given any leaders they too can run well, especially they are paid world best salary! That's why he popped me the above question!

However, what the younger generations think is not wrong too - he asked me 'after pay & pay', when I'm old & aged, what the 'gahmen' do? ...dun talk about the children ...if I have no money to stay in old folks home?

Like you said, younger generations are mostly "takers" lor.

So, let them think the pastures overseas are always greener than homeland!

they need to feel some hardship outside before know that singapore already one of the best countries, not the best but already one of the best.....

he think small means easy?? hahahaha..... he need to go out to work to know even working within a team of 4-5 ppl, also not easy not to say work with 5-6 millions ppl that always critise and complaint

Little incident during my lunch time today....

The weather was very hot and while walking towards German Center, saw the TCC cafe was not crowded and decided to find a cosy corner to enjoy a sumptious meal alone.

Have already placed my order for these:

a. Soup - corn and mushroom soup

v7p2_063_uc4it.jpg

b. Main course - Salmon

spdb_447_uc4it.jpg

c. Drink - Blue mountain coffee

ekug_60a_uc4it.jpg

Out of sudden, lift my head and saw my boss with 2 senior colleagues who were about to sit down at the next table! Grhhhhhh! I can't even have a peaceful time to enjoy my meal!! I was telling to myself WTF!!!!

My boss saw me and asked if I wanted to join them, I said NO as I preferred to sit alone & quietly. My boss 'knew' what I meant, so they moved and sat at far end, far away from me.

When I finished and asked for my bill, the waiter said something like 'combine' but I was not listening to what this foreign waiter was explaining and just said 'yes please'.....

Bill came...total $138++, and I paid without checking further. While walking back to my office, I took out the bill and astonished to find dishes which were not ordered by me!

I walked back, and again, the waiter didn't explain properly, insisted that I agreed to 'combine' the bills. Blur, I only realised what they meant when they point their fingers to my boss who was about to leave the cafe with 2 colleagues. Sighzzz.....my boss walked over and get the waiter to cancel my bill, he paid for the total $138+!!

You know what? Out of the $138 meal today, my portion is almost 50% of the total bill! Paiseh.....

Edited by mae29

he think small means easy?? hahahaha..... he need to go out to work to know even working within a team of 4-5 ppl, also not easy not to say work with 5-6 millions ppl that always critise and complaint

Hey, don't forget what the politicans here are paid!

Top 30 Highest Paid Politicians in the World (Information obtained from the internet) Clean sweep by tiny Singapore to be in the Guinness Book of Records!

Top 30 highest paid politicians in the world and they are all from Singapore. (All amounts exclude bonuses.)

1. Elected President SR Nathan - S$3.9 million.

2. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong - S$3.8 million.

3. Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew - S$3.5 million.

4. Senior Minister Goh Chok Thong - S$3.5 million.

5. Senior Minister Prof Jayakumar - S$3.2 million.

6. DPM & Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng - S$2.9 million.

7. DPM & Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean - $2.9 million.

8. Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo - S$2.8 million.

9. National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan - S$2.7 million.

10. PMO Minister Lim Boon Heng - S$2.7 million.

11. Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang - S$2.7 million.

12. PMO Minister Lim Swee Say - S$2.6 million.

13. Environment Minister & Muslim Affairs Minister Dr Yaccob Ibrahim - S$2.6 million.

14. Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan - S$2.6 million.

15. Finance Minister S Tharman - S$2.6 million.

16. Education Minister & 2nd Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen - S$2.6 million.

17. Community Development Youth and Sports Minister - Dr Vivian Balakrishnan - S$2.5 million.

18. Transport Minister & 2nd Minister for Foreign Affairs Raymond Lim Siang Kiat! - S$2.5 million.

19. Law Minister & 2nd Minister for Home Affairs K Shanmugam -S$2.4 million.

20. Manpower Minister Gan Kim Yong - S$2.2 million.

21. PMO Minister Lim Hwee Hwa - S$2.2 million.

22. Acting ICA Minister - Lui Tuck Yew - S$2.0 million.

23 to 30 = Senior Ministers of State and Ministers of State - each getting between S$1.8 million to S$1.5 million.

Compared to other Countries' Leaders:

24. Donald Tsang Yum-Kuen - Hong Kong (S$716k)

25. Barack Obama - United States (S$555k)

26. Nicolas Sarkozy - France (S$441k)

27. Angela Merkel - Germany (S$420k)

28. Gordon Brown - UK (S$387k)

29. Taro Aso - Japan (S$337k) Total of all 6: S$2,856,000

In other words, even our one DPM has higher salary than all of the above leaders combined!

Means our DPMs are more able than all the leaders from the 6 biggest world economies combined. We must be thankful to have such talent!

Some CEO salary only $1 but bonus + benefits are >$10m. our ministers, salary is high but bonus is abt 1-3 months. the rest, bonuses are unknown.. i am sure their salary is not that little loh..... only whether they published it or not.

When I finished and asked for my bill, the waiter said something like 'combine' but I was not listening to what this foreign waiter was explaining and just said 'yes please'.....

Bill came...total $138++, and I paid without checking further. While walking back to my office, I took out the bill and astonished to find dishes which were not ordered by me!

I walked back, and again, the waiter didn't explain properly, insisted that I agreed to 'combine' the bills. Blur, I only realised what they meant when they point their fingers to my boss who was about to leave the cafe with 2 colleagues. Sighzzz.....my boss walked over and get the waiter to cancel my bill, he paid for the total $138+!!

You know what? Out of the $138 meal today, my portion is almost 50% of the total bill! Paiseh.....

that 3 items cost so much mah? :o i thought it should be ~$40-50...

hmmm usually TCC has good staff that can speak quite well, service is good also... hiring policy changed recently? :unsure: