Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Wow Mae...your lunch usually so 'ah tas' wan huh? :bow::bow: More than $50 for one meal wor.... :sport-smiley-004:

that 3 items cost so much mah? :o i thought it should be ~$40-50...

hmmm usually TCC has good staff that can speak quite well, service is good also... hiring policy changed recently? :unsure:

I seldom take lunch...as most lunch time is spent running errands at Jurong East or IMM shopping and ta-pau for my son. You may be surprised to find me ta-pau Japanese food from IMM and then took a taxi home just for my son!!

Remember my 2-month long reno period? I went home daily, ta-pau for workers but no lunch for me at all!

Today is no exception! My 3 items meal is only $44.30 ($8.00 + $22.50 + $13.80) today ....forgot to mention take-away for son (another $12.80 + $8.00)!!! When the waiter said 'combined', I thought my meal + takeaway combined! I saw the bill has 2 portions of Onion rings, one normal coffee, one salad, one sandwich, etc, which apparently Not my order! That's why I walked back to clarify the bills.

Sis Mae... hmmmm, tomorrow I join u for lunch ?? :D

Can can, you can come & join me, but not TCC again! Can go IMM to try Bali Thai, or any of Japanese restaurants.

Edited by mae29

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
just btw, my rain shower also Onimi~ :)

Sis Marshy

You got good taste!! Of so many designs, I like the sleek design of this model of rain shower. Can you still remember how much you paid for the Onimi rain shower? Where you bought it?

Edited by mae29

While surfing this forum sometimes ago, saw someone post this website for cheap floor rugs (the China ones).

http://luxebd.blogspot.com/#

Then, I saw some Chinese names not fully masked out and decided to do a search and found this site, with exactly the same contents:

http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm...er_id=234537473

See the price difference for the China rugs?

Continue with BaZi Profiling:

The Artist

Artist profile - is about Arts, creation & culture. Likes intellectual things, believe work is way of arts, freedom & variety. Likes highly prolific lifestyle, like to experiencing all the rich experience, quality of life, likes enjoying, able to bounce back from setbacks.

Their minds are always full of ideas. Have sense of abundance & joys, passionate,grateful, are varieties seeking, and talk about products, but not money = focus on Art that matters more to them.

They don't like spending time with boring people, people who lack taste, limited by choices or options.

Path of least resistance to success:

working for company seeking something superior, good quality, innovation. Their success is through innovation & marketing.

I have to sing praises to my hardworking & reliable ID again!

Someone in this forum mentioned about 1-2mm uneveness floor tiles which is 'industrial' standard and home owners have to accept. But, my ID is willing to go extra miles to meet my high demand on workmanship & quality.

When I tell him about the uneven tiles, he gets White Horse to send 4 pieces of homogenious floor tiles as replacement, without reasoning with me to accept them as most IDs and contractors will refuse to oblige!

Some CEO salary only $1 but bonus + benefits are >$10m. our ministers, salary is high but bonus is abt 1-3 months. the rest, bonuses are unknown.. i am sure their salary is not that little loh..... only whether they published it or not.

you try having SG kind of salary in HK... pple will go protest non-stop on the street... LOL :lol:

and if i'm not wrong, their bonus is not 1~3 mths ;)

just to add, i really think that SG's govt is very efficient and good. but the issue most pple have is that it's lacking in the part of listening to pple's voice (in fact, they often dismiss pple's feedback :P)

Sis Marshy

You got good taste!! Of so many designs, I like the sleek design of this model of rain shower. Can you still remember how much you paid for the Onimi rain shower? Where you bought it?

not exactly my taste... the boss of the shop intro this to me :lol: i got it from Royal Fanco~ it's $430 before discount... so after discount should be ~$390 (cos got a ~10% discount on the total bill) almost same price as yours :)

I seldom take lunch...as most lunch time is spent running errands at Jurong East or IMM shopping and ta-pau for my son. You may be surprised to find me ta-pau Japanese food from IMM and then took a taxi home just for my son!!

Remember my 2-month long reno period? I went home daily, ta-pau for workers but no lunch for me at all!

Today is no exception! My 3 items meal is only $44.30 ($8.00 + $22.50 + $13.80) today ....forgot to mention take-away for son (another $12.80 + $8.00)!!! When the waiter said 'combined', I thought my meal + takeaway combined! I saw the bill has 2 portions of Onion rings, one normal coffee, one salad, one sandwich, etc, which apparently Not my order! That's why I walked back to clarify the bills.

Can can, you can come & join me, but not TCC again! Can go IMM to try Bali Thai, or any of Japanese restaurants.

there is a lot of food at IMM... and what i like about IMM is that it's not very crowded, unlike Jurong Point....

we are almost always eating at the Streats HK Cafe at ground floor when we go IMM ;)

there is a lot of food at IMM... and what i like about IMM is that it's not very crowded, unlike Jurong Point....

we are almost always eating at the Streats HK Cafe at ground floor when we go IMM ;)

Agreed with you...IMM is less crowded. There is free shuttle bus from our office at IBP to IMM daily during lunch time.

If any of the weekend you are going to IMM, can call me....I join you there! :)

you try having SG kind of salary in HK... pple will go protest non-stop on the street... LOL :lol:

and if i'm not wrong, their bonus is not 1~3 mths ;)

just to add, i really think that SG's govt is very efficient and good. but the issue most pple have is that it's lacking in the part of listening to pple's voice (in fact, they often dismiss pple's feedback :P)

Just like forumer 'therat' posted in 'GE Talk' about gathering public's opinion on IR...in the end, it is already a confirmed PLAN!! Waste people's time!

Here comes the 'pantry' which supposed to be the 'mini garden'.....now becomes 'pantry' :lol:

t49w_dcc_uc4it.jpg

LOL...actually, I was eyeing for this wrought iron 'garden set' which I saw at IMM last month. After thinking and thinking, I find it does not match with the White Powder Coated Windows, and quite pricey ~$600+, and not worth it because this set will be hidden at the back of the low wall (sink). Further, it is wrought iron and will rust easily as I seldom close that 3 panels of windows even if it rains!

ken8_ad4_uc4it.jpg

So, I gave up the idea and instead bought that white round table and chairs from IKEA. :lol:

elder son was addicted to cybergaming, but not so bad as he earned some money from prize money & was quite well known in the gaming arena, and represented Singapore in many overseas tournament (he likes to play counter-strike). Now, he is trying hard to build up his career in direct marketing (credit cards) - early morning before I even woke up, he already left the house by 6:00am, and by the time he came home, it is nearly midnight. Besides training & recruiting his team members, he has to plan & organise their schedule.

No annual leave, no bonuses. Don't even have offdays...after field works, when all his team leaders & executives packed up & go home, my elder son has to go back to office for paperwork. So, when he comes home, I leave him alone to rest, don't want to nag at him.

Talking about my eldest son, I was impressed by their Company's organisational culture when my son's boss invited me over to their office grand opening ceremony earlier this year.

I guess this is the reason why my son is willing to work so hard and 'slogged' so many hours to build up his own team.

The 8 Steps to Great Works Ethics....Watch closely what is mentioned in Steps 3 & 5......which is absolutely absent in my current workplace :( sighzz

a4l7_f55_uc4it.jpg

aeps_4c1_uc4it.jpg

the 5-Steps to a SALE....

x656_7e8_uc4it.jpg

LOL...actually, I was eyeing for this wrought iron 'garden set' which I saw at IMM last month. After thinking and thinking, I find it does not match with the White Powder Coated Windows, and quite pricey ~$600+, and not worth it because this set will be hidden at the back of the low wall (sink). Further, it is wrought iron and will rust easily as I seldom close that 3 panels of windows even if it rains!

So, I gave up the idea and instead bought that white round table and chairs from IKEA. :lol:

i think the white chair set you have now is nicer... hee :)

i think the white chair set you have now is nicer... hee :)

I can buy ~15 sets of the white table + 2 chairs!! :D

the 5-Steps to a SALE....

x656_7e8_uc4it.jpg

I believe if u can do sales well, u can do almost anything...

Almost all jobs are abt selling...

Be it:

1. Products

2. Services

3. Ideas/concepts

4. Visions

5. Realities

Though I'm in IT, and at the lower end, I'm providing (or "selling") services to my fellow colleagues to support them to perform their work.

But in reality, I would like to think that I'm exploring the use of IT in innovative ways to improve their productivity or help them perform their work better. And that's "selling ideas/concepts/visions"...

At least that's what I think I'm doing at work la. LOL...

But selling ideas may have its cons too, esp when they sell too well, and you can't deliver the promised services in time... :(

I believe if u can do sales well, u can do almost anything...

Almost all jobs are abt selling...

Be it:

1. Products

2. Services

3. Ideas/concepts

4. Visions

5. Realities

that's "selling ideas/concepts/visions"...

Bro csingeu

Your statement is well said....and we are the internal customers indeed!

You should be taking 2 weeks exam leave from Monday onwards. Hope you have handed over your job to your stand-in so he/she does not have to bother you during your exam.

Here, wishing you BEST OF GOOD LUCK! :)

Edited by mae29