Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

that's true...thanks for the encouragement...will try to think on the practicality..actually i dun really use much on the kitchen cabinets as i dun really buy lots of utensils and cooking stuff..as i dun hoard lots of pots etc. i think not too bad.

Once I cook, I use a few pots and pans. For the different dishes.... Fish, chicken, vege ad soup. At least 4 are needed.... But since yours is EM the kitchen should be big enough. Then might not necessary have top cabinets. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

May

I camped at your blog daily just to see these photographs! Now, can't wait for 21 May to fly in quickly!

WIW is big, but looks insufficient space because there are so many compartments & drawers. If you do pole system wardrobes like mine, then everything is open & spacious.

But, your wardrobe is still BIG.

May 21 ... Here we are coming!!

I need all the drawers for towels, bedsheets and undergarments. Or else I will not want as many drawers.... Easier to keep them on drawers than in shelves. :)

I just have to organise them properly.... Hehe.... Still long way more before 21st. I can't wait to see you all again.

Hehe.... Still long way more before 21st. I can't wait to see you all again.

Me me me.. ... I also want to come :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Kobelala

Ya, I am surprised that the WIW is too small for me. I thought would be enough too. Really have to clear them....

maybe if you had a u-shaped WIW, then it would be more spacious and better storage. but like some of the others say, time to give more of the clothes away perhaps? heheh :notti:

Love love love your kitchen island - it's huge! Now so envious because it makes mine look so puny. :( Maybe I shouldn't have seperate wet/dry kitchens, then I could have accomodated a larger island. :/ Well too late for that now - I was also thinking how to cool the whole house if I hack that wall too. Currently using a 30k bku single for the living room alone, so it can cool the dry kitchen as well.

Thanks for posting pics albeit being so busy with moving. I know it's only because everyone is so eagerly awaiting for them :)

P.S. How can that massive WIW be too small?? OMG.

- Ely

maybe if you had a u-shaped WIW, then it would be more spacious and better storage. but like some of the others say, time to give more of the clothes away perhaps? heheh :notti:

My MBR is not big enough to make a U-shaped WIW. i guess just need to organise my stuff properly then should be ok. :)

Love love love your kitchen island - it's huge! Now so envious because it makes mine look so puny. :( Maybe I shouldn't have seperate wet/dry kitchens, then I could have accomodated a larger island. :/ Well too late for that now - I was also thinking how to cool the whole house if I hack that wall too. Currently using a 30k bku single for the living room alone, so it can cool the dry kitchen as well.

Thanks for posting pics albeit being so busy with moving. I know it's only because everyone is so eagerly awaiting for them :)

P.S. How can that massive WIW be too small?? OMG.

- Ely

How big is your island? maybe yours is bigger? mine looks big because its white?

but i still regret leh.... more to share in later post.

Yup, so many ppl asking so i took the time to post the pic. until now still cannot find the charger for my camera. cannot take more pic or else will post some pic of my curtains and my purple wall. hehehehe....

P.S: i only unpacked 4 boxes and already almost full. i also don't know how come its so small.

AFTER RENOVATION : DAY 5

Time flies when you are enjoying yourself. i have moved in for 5 days now.

What i like and don't like about my home... hmmm..... although its initial stage but certain things, you know you will like it forever and certain things that you have to live with.

WHAT I LOVE

Since most of the designs in this flat is what i wanted, even to the little details, most of the big items i love them.

1) My platform - This platform can fit 2 kings plus my cosy corner with 2 chairs and a table. i promised some friends to have drinks with them on this cosy corner. I also promised one that i will make durian ice cream for her. So those i make promised, you know who you are and claim from me if i forget. :drunk:

2) My WIW - although its slightly smaller than i imagine and too small for all my clothings, i still like it very much. the colours combi.... the position of the drawers.... each section were determined by me. Now the headache is just trying to fit in all clothing into this space. The door to the WIW is also one of the specialty i like where i specifically told my contractor i wanted it that way. its 1.5m wide which is bigger than normal door.

3) My bathroom - the seater is fantastic. i can just sit there to feel the water flowing and when i am stressed, i can just sit there to relax. The tiler that did that came yesterday to touch up on the grout lines was amazed at the toilet too. He took photo with his mobile phone as remembrance.

4) My island - its one of the most eye catching thing in my house once you walk in. its so white and the combi of white and red also very eye catching. my only regret?? i should make it bigger. at least 2 feet bigger so more ppl can sit around it and i have extra space for storage too.

5) My lightings - In a home, one of the most important is lightings. No matter how nice is the tiles and carpentry, without nice lightings to bring out the details, it will not look as nice. So, for those trying to save on lightings, please don't! If you seen something you like, please get it or else you will regret it.

6) My special waterfall tap - although this is install in common toilet, i like it more than my master toilet basin tap. I am not like Ely where buying online is normal. For me, i don't really trust buying online, due to family pressure. But i just love this tap so much that i don't think i will be fair to myself not to buy it.

7) My fingerprint digital lock - i like the feeling of being able to leave home without keys. Its so convenient.... i doubt i can live with normal keys ever again.

8) Last but not least, my feature wall. Two sided feature wall where the side facing living is using different colour from the one inside the bedroom. Living being modern while bedroom being resort.... totally different feel...

WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Even though its just 5 days, i already found a few things i don't really like.

1) Position of basin - My master toilet basin is one of the more expensive type, its a pedestral basin which i like when i saw it. Problem is, the plumber put it too near to the toilet bowl. the walk space is a bit tight. But its something that cannot be changed anymore.

2) Orange door for guest bedroom and store room - Since the wardrobe in guest room was having orange door, i thought maybe having orange door would be suitable for these 2 doors. But my brother don't like it... thank goodness the painter is very nice. He repainted the whole thing again without complaining. So even though i don't like it, but it will be fine soon :)

3) Curtains - I regretted that i choose the orangey curtains for my living room. although it look bright but i find that its a bit too orangey. maybe i am a bit resistant to orange now that my brother asked me not to use orange for the door. At least this is something that can be changed easily..... anytime i don't like it anymore, i can change it. :)

As for photos, once i manage to find the camera charger, i will take all those i love and don't like to show you what i mean. Be patient and keep on giving me your feedback. :yamseng:

We too have been eyeing on the pedestral basin initially haha, but drop it in the end since we shift the vanity to bedroom

Hmm.. From your pic the distance looks fine

Wow wow wow! So fast come out with reno review report already? I haven't thought of what else to write on my home since we moved back months ago! Perhaps I have overspent too much money on our reno, so it ended up too numb already, so don't want to comment anymore, otherwise need to spend $$& again!

We too have been eyeing on the pedestral basin initially haha, but drop it in the end since we shift the vanity to bedroom

Hmm.. From your pic the distance looks fine

the distance is ok... but there are space to push it slightly to the left for slightly more space. not much.... maybe another 2 inch or so? heehehehe....

Wow wow wow! So fast come out with reno review report already? I haven't thought of what else to write on my home since we moved back months ago! Perhaps I have overspent too much money on our reno, so it ended up too numb already, so don't want to comment anymore, otherwise need to spend $$& again!

Review only, no need $$$. will not spend a single cent more on reno if possible. hahahaha... i just have to live with those little problem for now.

You have FS to talk in your blog... now my reno are done, other than pic of final result, also nothing else to talk abt liao. hehehehe.....

Review only, no need $$$. will not spend a single cent more on reno if possible. hahahaha... i just have to live with those little problem for now.

You have FS to talk in your blog... now my reno are done, other than pic of final result, also nothing else to talk abt liao. hehehehe.....

Yah loh... Me same same... Nothing to post liao... Anyway, I'm more interested in other people's threads than mine. The kaypoh nature of me :) how's your unpacking? Week ending soon... Not much time left liao...

Congrats that you have moved in finally and settle down at your new place!!! Time flies very fast!!!!

Cheers:) Emobebe

Yah loh... Me same same... Nothing to post liao... Anyway, I'm more interested in other people's threads than mine. The kaypoh nature of me :) how's your unpacking? Week ending soon... Not much time left liao...

Didn't do much and my mover going to come tomorrow to take back the boxes + cook a meal for me. hahahahaha.... he likes your kitchen but don't know you well enough to use it. He knows me for years so he going to try to cook for me tomorrow! :jawdrop: