Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DAY 80

2nd acid wash today and the whole place seems to be coming together :)

WE'RE MOVING TOMORROW!(somewhat)

Congrats on moving in !!

DAY 80

2nd acid wash today and the whole place seems to be coming together :)

WE'RE MOVING TOMORROW!(somewhat)

Expect pictures next week :) I like photographing only in its near-finality (Virgo lah~).

- Ely

Ely, congrats on being able to move in, hope everything runs smoothly and we can't wait for the photos! :yamseng:

I got no problem with mine.. It should be your carpenter who help u to install as for electrical wise, ur electrician need to run a wire for it to connect from hood to a switch..if they still insist not to install for u, I guess it's fair if they pay the $400 :)

Hmm, no such luck for me. They said I have to pay for it since they don't know how to do it. Will bring it up to my ID and sees what he says. :(

- Ely

Let me know when you inviting me over. I definitely want to see what secret purchase you made. Haha....

Mine not really a secret! I have been thinking of it for months!!!

I post all my purchases so there's no secret! :P The place is really just very simple - black/white/grey. It looks just like any normal home actually. There's no real stand-out like many homes here on RT. As predicted, very cookie-cutter and boring. zz

Won't be able to live in it yet - all the taps and sinks are not installed yet (except for the linen sink) and there's quite a few outstanding things to be done - no bathroom doors either, or vanity and bathroom mirrors. So it's simply cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Should be able to REALLY move in next week. :/ NONE of my clothes are even packed yet but I'm super fast at packing/unpacking (great practice from being nomad in Australia) so it's not a problem, just organising where everything goes can be quite head-hurting. :bangwall:

Didn't even have time to unpack as they were working on the glass panels yesterday, and we're badly in need of another paint job. Paint chipping everywhere from masking tape removed.

Now we're hunting for a new sofa. Cannot live with the current sofa, and Hommage was soooo accomodating. :bow: Really need to give Eric credit for his kind understanding and great customer service. Full refund and we can use it for several weeks till we get a new one too. Cannot be more pleased with how it's turning out. :good: He's also going to fix the outdoor bar table (extending it by 20cm to make it 2m long) and we're still waiting for our partition shelf from Hommage. Lead time for a sofa takes a while though, so hitting Lifestorey early and picking a sofa! We also liked another at FC at IMM but IMM suddenly seems so far...This time, I'm picking a sofa I've actually seen, sat on and felt!

The main art piece from Vince K is also a disappointment. Am going to buy another - the Virgo in me cringes everytime I walk past it. Hmm, it's not like the picture depicted - the panels are too slim, it's much smaller than expected, and the movement from the metal just falls flat, especially when compared to Jon Allen's. I guess you win some, lose some when it comes to online shopping. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a pretty piece, just the narrow panels makes it look weird against the main living room wall. Fret not, my friends, I'm already bidding on another piece I'm adamant to win! :lol:

More updates soon :)

- Ely

Ely, Great news to hear that u are moving in today! oh gosh, the reno thingy going to be over for u, except for those minors stuffs.

Can't wait those pics of ur house, update us QUICKLY pls!

Yes, move in time!

I'm going to station here waiting for photos! ;)

Want to see those purchases at the designated area. ;)

N ur kitchen! ;)

Congrats on moving in !!

Congrats! Finally u r moving! Huat ah! Huat ah! :thumbs up:

Ely, congrats on being able to move in, hope everything runs smoothly and we can't wait for the photos! :yamseng:

Thank you so much, all! :)

CutieCat: not sure if bathroom doors and sinks/taps (both kitchens and bathroom) are "minor" :lol: I expect another week of work to be done but it isn't so bad when you can see the house coming together a lot more. Also sprucing up the wardrobe doors a bit, adding shelves to the study nook in the common bedroom, shower arm etc to be installed in the common bathroom, paint, some outstanding T5 lights.

However, we've rolled in the pineapple :rolleyes: and announced "WE ARE HERE". Strange customs we have. Didn't know what to do with the pineapple so I gave it to the workers to eat :lol:

On a good note, the fridge is stocked with beer, and the wine chiller is working its magic on 6 bottles of wine we picked up from NTUC ;) We also have every form of household cleaner conceivable, and the cat litter box stand assembled is sooooo adorable!

footrpint: Afraid you'd be stalking the blog longer than humanly possible. Too much work left to take pictures this week. Will wait for new couch and new art piece before the final pictures. But anticipation makes the moment sweeter, yes? :D

- Ely

Now we're hunting for a new sofa. Cannot live with the current sofa, and Hommage was soooo accomodating. :bow: Really need to give Eric credit for his kind understanding and great customer service. Full refund and we can use it for several weeks till we get a new one too. Cannot be more pleased with how it's turning out. :good: He's also going to fix the outdoor bar table (extending it by 20cm to make it 2m long) and we're still waiting for our partition shelf from Hommage. Lead time for a sofa takes a while though, so hitting Lifestorey early and picking a sofa! We also liked another at FC at IMM but IMM suddenly seems so far...This time, I'm picking a sofa I've actually seen, sat on and felt!

The main art piece from Vince K is also a disappointment. Am going to buy another - the Virgo in me cringes everytime I walk past it. Hmm, it's not like the picture depicted - the panels are too slim, it's much smaller than expected, and the movement from the metal just falls flat, especially when compared to Jon Allen's. I guess you win some, lose some when it comes to online shopping. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a pretty piece, just the narrow panels makes it look weird against the main living room wall. Fret not, my friends, I'm already bidding on another piece I'm adamant to win! :lol:

More updates soon :)

- Ely

That's nice of Eric. I haven't get my sofa yet and i don't plan to until a year or two. Just got to live with whatever i have even though it might not be prefect. $$$$ doesn't allow me to buy a new set now.

Then what you going to do with your art piece? leave it in the store room? How much you got it for? Must show us that piece that you prefer that you adamant to win. hehehehe.... the one i got is not very suitable for my feature wall but i like it so much, i don't care it doesnt match. :sport-smiley-018:

Aiyo Ely, still wana make us wait for pics! But dun over work yourself, must take care!

Hi CutieCat,

Damage already done, and solace is found in stuffing face. Definitely not going to make Ted proud when I fail to squeeze into first fitting even with 3 layers of Spanx.

Super tired nowadays, but I'd have to admit that this is, by far, the EASIEST move I've made in my life (and I've made too many to count). The Husband brought a troop of workers with a lorry and they moved everything! If I were to even look like I'm going to pick a box up, someone quickly swoops down and grabs it from me "Nono, mam, you rest!". It's hilarious, their chivlary. :)

So, definitely rewarded them with lunch, cookies, cold drinks, fruits, curry puffs and urged them to take 15min smoking breaks and lovingly presented my new ashtray for their butts. ;) I also ask them to leave earlier so I can take over the cleaning up after, because they've done so much already. Feel really bad for them sometimes. >< They're all so genuinely nice too. I feel so blessed to be surrounded with people who are honest and reliable and hardworking. It makes all the mistakes and flaws so much easier to dismiss. I'm not as worked up as The Husband about 4-week delay, because I'm certain some things are beyond the ID's control. We can all make immaculate plans but when one person fails to deliver correctly, the entire schedule is upset, and minor mistakes do accumulate and escalate into week-long delays.

Will post move-in pics soon, then the final pictures when items are replaced. No tormenting my fellow RT-ers! :)

- Ely

That's nice of Eric. I haven't get my sofa yet and i don't plan to until a year or two. Just got to live with whatever i have even though it might not be prefect. $$$$ doesn't allow me to buy a new set now.

Then what you going to do with your art piece? leave it in the store room? How much you got it for? Must show us that piece that you prefer that you adamant to win. hehehehe.... the one i got is not very suitable for my feature wall but i like it so much, i don't care it doesnt match. :sport-smiley-018:

That $1.2k could have been spent on a really nice couch! I saw some on sale at >$1k at Lifestorey today when I was getting my new couch - you should go check it out. They're made in Malaysia though (but so is mine /shrug).

Not sure what I'm going to do with the art piece - may sell it if someone wants it. I paid about US$200 for it (gallery price is US$1500), inclusive of shipping direct from the artist and signed/dated. It's by Vince K and called "MicroNano". The panels are just too narrow for the main living room wall, and the movement not as impressive.

pic10.jpg

It's going to be replaced by another piece by Jon Allen too (the other metal art piece "Crosscurrents") - the colour scheme is definitely different now since we're replacing the grey couch. New couch is a massive 3.2m but we're going to separate the segments and use one for the common bedroom! A lot pricier than Hommage but we love it. :)

I'll post pics of the pre-final reno, and you guys can see if you want it. Eric would rectify the measurements of the cushions to fit the couch and I'm sure it would be a showroom piece for less. We won't be using it either - calling Eric tomorrow to come get it as soon as he can because I really don't feel good using a couch for weeks then asking him to sell it to someone else. Won't be fair to him or the new owners. Besides, I have pets and it's really not the best scenario if he intends to sell it. We'd be leaving it completely covered till he comes to get it. It's really NOT ugly at all - was just disappointed with the wrong measurements and the colour and cushions was not exactly what I envisioned.

Eric is really a breeze to work with. Cannot believe how understanding and easy-going he is. Really amazed at his committment to customer service and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Just don't expect the final product to be as perfect as the pictures, and make allowance for delays (no fault of Eric's) as the factory in China don't exactly adhere to timelines well.

- Ely

When will items be replaced?? I wait till become giraffe Liao

By the time you visit in June should be all done!

I'll gladly extend the invitation to all RT-ers interested to come take a look. :) Mid-June, I'd expect - snacks, drinks and blu-ray movies on the house! :lol: It's a little far for most, but I'll provide transport from MRT station okay? :P Definitely no popiah party as my island is not big enough. :( Mine is probably more suited for canapes~ :(

- Ely

ely, great to hear that hommage is being so great about the sofa. i was at lifestorey earlier today and they're having yet another sale! lol tempted by so many things!

Sofa can always be bought and all looks and feel abt the same. But art piece is once in a lifetime. You might not be able to find another piece that you will like as much and it cannot be duplicated. So art is priceless compare to sofa set.

Also sofa is for guests, art piece is for myself. I rather spend on myself than guests that only come once a while.