The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Things to be purchased:

- Rice cooker

- Kettle

- Toaster Oven

- Microwave

- Curtains/Blinds + wallpaper

Then, all done! Yay!

Got a pretty good deal for the curtains/blinds - my floor length day/night curtains in the living room (about 5m) is only $700 with installation. Wallpaper is $525 per featured wall. Rice cooker is a joke at $21! :lol:

Only a few essential kitchen items left, then I'm off to DIY - going to do my own art for the bedrooms/framed pictures, and embellishments to current furnishings. Will probably also call friends78' contact for the storeroom shelves.

Glass delivered for my swing doors are now transculent-frosted - which means exhibitionistic bathrooms like May Dreams! Except mine also includes the common bathroom! AHHHH! :bath: Now have to find some laminates of some sort, or glass art (which is pricey, I checked DNA's website). :help:

-Ely

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah!!! Even more daring than me. Haha.... At least mine is just in master toilet.

Made just for you May Dream :P

-Ely

indeed... ur fav corner is more shiok than my cosy corner. haaa...

Haa.. perhaps, the cocker sense company, thus excited? :P

even night time also bark so badly?

I may be biased as the dog is unneutered (huge advocate on sterilisation), but the neighbours aren't friendly either. When they were moving, their dog ran into my house several times while I was cleaning, and they didn't once pop by their head in to apologise etc. Simply screamed for the dog at the stairs and ignored me. When their contractors were harassing me (making stupid small talk, deliberating hanging outside my door, waving etc), The Husband called the MCST to send a security guard over, and instead of apologising or anything, they simply said it wasn't one of theirs. Well.. the entire block has only 6 households (2 per floor), so only 3 others would pass my landing, and they were the only ones moving/having renovations, so... :unsure:

The dog barks everytime he hears someone out at their balcony, and they don't care to shut him up, or bring him into the house. Oh well. There's also a husky who howls every evening in the most eerie tone ever, but I'm more sympathetic than annoyed. I just hope Maxey won't participate in the barking matches because I know I'm the sort who would stop that behaviour for the sake of the neighbours.

Here's My Main Man Max:

4115101548_255a56b747_m.jpg

- Ely

I may be biased as the dog is unneutered (huge advocate on sterilisation), but the neighbours aren't friendly either. When they were moving, their dog ran into my house several times while I was cleaning, and they didn't once pop by their head in to apologise etc. Simply screamed for the dog at the stairs and ignored me. When their contractors were harassing me (making stupid small talk, deliberating hanging outside my door, waving etc), The Husband called the MCST to send a security guard over, and instead of apologising or anything, they simply said it wasn't one of theirs. Well.. the entire block has only 6 households (2 per floor), so only 3 others would pass my landing, and they were the only ones moving/having renovations, so... :unsure:

The dog barks everytime he hears someone out at their balcony, and they don't care to shut him up, or bring him into the house. Oh well. There's also a husky who howls every evening in the most eerie tone ever, but I'm more sympathetic than annoyed. I just hope Maxey won't participate in the barking matches because I know I'm the sort who would stop that behaviour for the sake of the neighbours.

Here's My Main Man Max:

4115101548_255a56b747_m.jpg

- Ely

Your maxey is cute!!

Hopefully wont join in, though they do have the tendercy to join in the barking game. :P

Er, the contractor make small talk with u? -_-"

seems so weird....

DAY 80

2nd acid wash today and the whole place seems to be coming together :)

WE'RE MOVING TOMORROW!(somewhat)

Many, many more rectifications to be made - glass doors were wrongly measured so common bathroom has NO doors, painting touch-ups (someone actually used a blue pen to make all sorts of diagrams on the painted walls!!?!?!), all Hommage furniture needs to be changed (this will be included in my post-reno report), granite tops were cut wrongly and the taps cannot fit, save for the linen sink), mirrored-cabinet yet to be installed in master bathroom, faulty/missing lights have to be replaced, brackets for shower arm missing, glass shelf in common bathroom broke and has to be replaced.

Tomorrow, we'll simply be moving the purchases that's hogging my parents' spare room to the place, after throwing in a pineapple (yes I know how ridiculous that sounds, perhaps I'll roll several canned ones in too for good measure), and do general cleaning of the house. The balcony glass and curtains will be installed, and will only start moving in personal effects like clothes on Sunday. Need a trip to NTUC and Ikea/Daiso first.

It's going to be a loooooong day. Bondi and Maxey will move in Sunday too.

Expect pictures next week :) I like photographing only in its near-finality (Virgo lah~).

- Ely

Wah!! So happy.... You are the only one we never seen a single photo of reno. Must be super wonderful!!! Can't wait!

congrats on moving!!! cheers!

Wah!! So happy.... You are the only one we never seen a single photo of reno. Must be super wonderful!!! Can't wait!

looking forward to the pictures!

Thanks guys!

No, May Dream, it's as cookie-cutter as I expected! But at least it's lasting (ie. boring). >< The main art piece is a little disappointing, definitely Jon Allen's is much better. Quite a regret. The pictures make it look bigger than it really is~

And I like keeping the best for last, just like your secret $1.2k purchase!! :P

Well, in all honesty, it's just that the place is in a huge mess and I hate taking less-than-okay pictures. There is simply boxes, mess, more boxes, clutter, tools, more mess. Nothing worth taking! Can't wait to get in there tomorrow to clear everything up so I move my clothes in mmmm ;) Looking at the shoe cabinet, I'm thinking I have to throw away more shoes than I anticipated. Sigh. Guess the hoarder has got to be practical~

Only pictures I've taken are those that demands rectification, like the bar stools that cannot be fit under the table - length AND width size. SIGH.

5715759889_6f77bceb44.jpg

Btw, did anyone have problems installing their island hood? Bosch gave me an installer to call, and it cost $400! The carpenter and electrician can't do it because it's an island hood instead of the slim chimney type.

- Ely

Let me know when you inviting me over. I definitely want to see what secret purchase you made. Haha....

Mine not really a secret! I have been thinking of it for months!!!

Ely, Great news to hear that u are moving in today! oh gosh, the reno thingy going to be over for u, except for those minors stuffs.

Can't wait those pics of ur house, update us QUICKLY pls!

Btw, did anyone have problems installing their island hood? Bosch gave me an installer to call, and it cost $400! The carpenter and electrician can't do it because it's an island hood instead of the slim chimney type.

- Ely

I got no problem with mine.. It should be your carpenter who help u to install as for electrical wise, ur electrician need to run a wire for it to connect from hood to a switch..if they still insist not to install for u, I guess it's fair if they pay the $400 :)