Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wenx

The Journey To Our New Home

Brief Introduction:

We are the westsider for life, grew up in the west, found and married each other in the west, both parents are staying in the west, our 1st home in the west, our eldest son studying in the west and the 2 younger ones will follow korkor into the same primary school. So i forsee i won't leave Jurong for the next 10++ years till my youngest finish primary school...

Flat Hunting Process

EM was my dream and our initial hunting was only for EM, but the COV they are asking was seriously high! (45k - 80k) gave up after viewing for about 8-10 units of EM taking into the consideration that reno cost for EM may be HIGH too... we diverted our seach to EA instead.

Was seaching around Jurong Point area hoping to stay near my parent but in vain and finally after 3months of hunting and viewing for more that 20units, we decided to settle on this less then 10years old Executive Apartment under DBSS @ Jalan Bahar.

ID/Contractor Hunting Process

We only met a few of them, mostly are refer by forumer except that 1 of the ID was my SIL's sister.

We got a tight schedule to meet as i only got less then 30days for the reno to complete!

After finalising of quotations we finally shortlisted 2 of them and after a very tough decision, we decided to award our reno to the FAMOUS and WELLKNOWN contractor from this forum...... JASON AKA JASKEL from Sincerity Pte Ltd.

Thous his quotation was not the cheapest :P hehe but so far his service was really great!

In short, we met some issues with our new house, he volunteer to help us out and went with us to HDB branch to see how he can offer his help.

Liaise with my seller's agent to get the signed idemity form so he can apply permit in time to meet our schedule as our reno timing is TIGHT!

He also brought us to see tiles, visit pole system company, gave us alot of useful advices and most importantly, accomodate my ever changing ideas/design.

So now we are looking forward to our completion on 25/4/2011 and reno to start on 27/4/2011! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Tiles Selection

Renovation is indeed a tiring journey... Jason brought us to see tiles twice on 2 seperate occasions before we made up our mind to settle on the below, i got so stressed up that i dreamt of selecting and deciding on the tiles even when i'm sleeping! :unsure:

Kitchen Floor tiles

IMG_2150.jpg

Common Toilet Wall and Floor tiles

IMG_2157.jpg

Master Toilet Wall and Floor tiles

IMG_2154.jpg

*Tiles are from Hafary, Hup Kiong, LSH and Tauger

Edited by Wenx

Welcome! It has been a while since I last saw a T-blog on Jaskel's projects (other than his own of cse)...Will camp here for updates:) Are your lightings going to be as high tech as his? Happy renovating!

Welcome! It has been a while since I last saw a T-blog on Jaskel's projects (other than his own of cse)...Will camp here for updates:) Are your lightings going to be as high tech as his? Happy renovating!

Thanks!

Lightings we leave it to his creativity within our budget! :P

Edited by Wenx

Update on Purchase

Our very first purchase for our new home (and probably one of the most expensive purchase!) :lol:

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 3 Inverter from Gain City @ $3313 with $150 NTUC vouchers and 110pcs of Lucky Draw coupons! :dribble:

MitsubishiHeavyIndustriesSystem3Inverter

yay another t-blog from the Jurong gang! welcome~ :yamseng:

110 pcs of lucky draw coupons really sounds like a lot~ :lol:

Thanks!

Yup.. lucky we just need to chop the receipt number on the coupon.. else i really cannot imagine filling in each and every single one with all our particulars! zz

Tiles Selection

Renovation is indeed a tiring journey... Jason brought us to see tiles twice on 2 seperate occasions before we made up our mind to settle on the below, i got so stressed up that i dreamt of selecting and deciding on the tiles even when i'm sleeping! :unsure:

Kitchen Floor tiles

IMG_2150.jpg

Common Toilet Wall and Floor tiles

IMG_2157.jpg

Master Toilet Wall and Floor tiles

IMG_2154.jpg

*Tiles are from Hafary, Hup Kiong and Tauger

Oh....u left out 1 company...LSH for the kitchen floor tiles. ;)

I wonder why my previous post MIA???

Anyway let me repost and update:

Got this handheld vacuum during Electrolux Sales last weekend

ElectroluxHandheldVacum12V148.jpg

Bought these 2 items online yesterday

Vigar Candy Dish Brush & Dustpan

VigarCandyDishBrushDustpan45.jpg

Vigar Roccoco Rectangular Bucket & Microfiber Mop Set

VigarRoccocoRectangularBucketMicrofiberM

:P

Some Fengshui advice anyone?!

Got this chart from one of the forumer here, i just wanna know how accurate is this?

And the direction of this chart applies to the whole house or individual corner or the bedrooms??

FengShuiBasis.jpg

I wonder why my previous post MIA???

Think last night, renotalk forum database got problems... apparently they say it's upgrading la...

but seems like the whole of 18 April morning til 19 April... all gone... or maybe they are still "migrating" the data... or "recovering" the database...

in any case, I think it's better to assume it's lost... :(

Think last night, renotalk forum database got problems... apparently they say it's upgrading la...

but seems like the whole of 18 April morning til 19 April... all gone... or maybe they are still "migrating" the data... or "recovering" the database...

in any case, I think it's better to assume it's lost... :(

Ohh soo i supposed what i posted in your T-Blog went MIA too!?

Let me see.......

Ya.. i'm right :curse:

Nvm i will post again!