Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Et209

Our Place At Bishan 4A

dear et09,

i just got my bishan 4A and i am really inspired by what u did. good cost and good result over time, no loans needed. u have my respect! im actually trying to do something similar, but i find it so hard to get all these good contacts for the various jobs e.g. kitchen cabinet, painting etc

if u dont mind, can u PM me the kitchen cabinet, electrical wiring and painting guys' numbers?

thanks so much

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I initially was apprehensive about asking for your contacts as alot of them appeared to be personal contacts. But if you do not mind sharing, I would be very thankful for the contacts too..!

Story about electrician: can't remember how I met Peter, but seems like we clicked and chatting with him was fun. He really has pride in his work, and for a 1 man show, he got my placed wired u within 3 days. This includes stripping off the old wires and casings. The cost includes the following:

Light point @ $25 each, 2gang power point @ $40, SCV @ $80, heater and aircon @ $ 80, distribution board complete with 2 pole main mcb, 10 nos 1 pole mcb and elcb @ $250. Total cost of $1290 was reasonable for his detailedness, especially the way he laid the casing and he will check with us what we want, and how to hide the casing and wires such that you don't notice them much in the living room.

While I have lost contact with him, inwould gladly recommend him anytime for detailed work.

Quick update of my kitchen. I bought another 4 more packs of the outdoor woodtiles. Here's how it looks like after installation. Next to varnish them...

acb8f3e9.jpg

Edited by Et209

I am amazed at what you did!

me and my fiance also don't intend to take up a renovation loan and wants to do our renovation slowly and put in our own touch. You're such an inspiration!

I'm currently looking for a contractor who can do up the kitchen cabinet for me and i really love your kitchen cabinets. do u mind giving me the contact no for your contractor?

Thanks!

I am amazed at what you did!

me and my fiance also don't intend to take up a renovation loan and wants to do our renovation slowly and put in our own touch. You're such an inspiration!

I'm currently looking for a contractor who can do up the kitchen cabinet for me and i really love your kitchen cabinets. do u mind giving me the contact no for your contractor?

Thanks!

Hi deardyan, I have PMed you liao.

Thanks for your compliments. It is nothing lah, just interest and plenty of spare time to play around with the home. Happy renovating!! Looking forward to your home too!

Kitchen updates II

I have not varnished the wood due to work commitments and some family matters. However we have added pebble wash around the edging. I have not included the epoxy, just wanted to see how it looks like. I will diy the epoxy too. We like it. It's the way to go. Maybe we will add some LED as well. Thinking about it. Total, we have used 4 packs of 12 kg pebbles, cost $48. Will have to get 1 or 2 more packs to complete the project.

9915bd90.jpg

8565c32c.jpg

Bought epoxy ahesive yesterday. Duraseal 640. Mixed it according to the the portion. I also bought 2 more bags of pebbles and small shovel. Total expenditure today, $136. According to proportion, the epoxy is suppose to mix 5 sqm. Here's a picture of after I have applied the pebbles.

80e789cb.jpg

Kitchen update III

Finally after allowing the epoxy to cure, I've cleaned up and also removed loose pebbles and pebbles that "poke" the feet. Will do touchups later.

Here's a closeup.

b99a8f37.jpg

The next step is to stain the wood. I prefer the dark wood look. So here's how it looks like after 1 coat of stain.

98bfebc1.jpg

The job is not completed but you can more or less see the difference.

36435ef1.jpg

Cost $0 as the wood stain was leftovers from another previous project.

just wonder and ponder, are your kitchen tiles easy to clean???? will dirts and crumbs seeded thru the tiles?? just curious...when i searching for home, i saw one home owner have these in his 2 bathrooms with small stones surrounded.

Hi nellynut, I guess it may be impractical for many. As we don't do a lot of heavy cooking, it is ok. For regular maintenance, it's just sweeping and mopping the wood tiles. For more serious maintenance, then we can remove the tiles, a 5 min job, mop the ceramic tiles below, and then fix back the wooden tiles.

Peebbles can just vacuum or mop with cloth and soap.

I plan to grout the gaps between the wooden tiles to prevent food/dirt from dropping underneath. Not done yet.

Hi there,

I suspect you must be busy. But fans here eagerly in wait to see how the progress is with the kitchen and your house (in case you have other mini projects going on too)..!

Hi Errandz. Yes. Work work work. Plus a small break with the family, then work work work again. Ha! Ok. Just small updates. On the floor. Got a handyman to help out to color the other floor. Here is how it looks:

3c02f35a.jpg

I have not varnished them yet. Too lazy. Haha.