Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Et209

Our Place At Bishan 4A

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Doing up the toilets!!

Original toilet condition is terrible with cracked tile and holes. So instead, I am getting it painted by my Very reliable handyman. He is actually a painter so this is chicken feed to him.

Bought 3 5 gallon epoxy paint; 1 undercoat, 1 cream, 1 dark grey. Along with hardener and brushes. Total cost is $192. Able to paint 2 toilets.

784f2298.jpg

40b66ef9.jpg

This is basecoat primer done. He has also filled holes n scrap off old marks.

This is the layout. So far I have not seen another similar one in renotalk.

3f32059a.jpg

Et209,

Wow, zero COV for this unit, what a steal! :good:

What is the floor area? It looks like an old design, I suspecting a large area despite being 4RM flat.

Definitely a good buy.

Hi prody,

Ya. That was long time ago. Really blessed to get this unit. Neighbors are good too. One uncle even help sweep the corridor of the whole floor every day!! only 4 units per floor. Total size is 104sqm. Now that I have knocked away the storeroom, the place feels bigger too.

Hi prody,

Ya. That was long time ago. Really blessed to get this unit. Neighbors are good too. One uncle even help sweep the corridor of the whole floor every day!! only 4 units per floor. Total size is 104sqm. Now that I have knocked away the storeroom, the place feels bigger too.

That's 14 sqm more than the mickey mouse flats being offered nowadays.

Sorry I forgot to emphasize the prime location in my previous post ..............Omg! Bishan! District 10!! :D

Edited by prody

That's 14 sqm more than the mickey mouse flats being offered nowadays.

Sorry I forgot to emphasize the prime location in my previous post ..............Omg! Bishan! District 10!! :D

Kumsiah! Keep my fingers crossed next time when I want to sell can make a small profit and a bit of COV too? Heehee.. Hope only lah...

After varnishing the wooden tiles, wow! So shiny! Keelat keelat!! No really nicer but there's more protection now.

0efa9a3c.jpg

466015e4.jpg

Edited by Et209

Completed toilet walls. Both toilets are the same paint and colors.

e26337fc.jpg

5b4e866c.jpg

The next thing to do is dress up the toilets with shelves, cabinets, lights, and some art!

Completed toilet walls. Both toilets are the same paint and colors.

e26337fc.jpg

[img

The next thing to do is dress up the toilets with shelves, cabinets, lights, and some art!

Pictures of toilet are not clear; over exposed or shaky hands. Can put up clear ones like your kitchen?

The epoxy, base coat you mentioned are for painting ceramic tiles? Brands, please.

Managed to take some pics today. Same; using my iPhone, sorry I don't have my camera with me:

8af90bf7.jpg

ce0c3a11.jpg

02b2b449.jpg

42249ecc.jpg

dd26c223.jpg

Note the wall tiles used to be white with dirty grout and hairline cracks and some discolored tiles; the floor tiles used to be sky blue. I will try to remember to post name of paint.

Edited by Et209

Master bathroom part 2:

After painting, I m installing a rain shower; since so many of you have one! Heehee. First bought stainless steel piping n brackets n misc stuff; total $80. Piping is $11 per 20 ft. The shops will cut to size for you. Next bought rain shower set n 15l champs heater tank; since only for master. Cost $175. Next rain shower comes with mixer n also tap at the bottom. Neat thing is the tap heat can swirl. Cost only $320!! Onimi model 5519.

e2649621.jpg

Handyman Abu fixed up the piping. Then we noticed piping coming from top to mixer are parallel with rain shower; not nice; so we improvised!

Installed 2 aluminum boxes beside the 2 pipes, making sure the distance is 30 cm. Then I bought nice tiles and covered up the pipes to create a feature behind the rain shower. This is what we ended up!!

5db410ff.jpg

Cost of tiles $25 for 3 pcs of 30x60. Aluminum boxes, 6ftx1inchx2inches n stainless steel screws n misc $30. a nice shower feature: priceless!!

91f13cf6.jpg

Edited by Et209