Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d2wntan

The Unassuming Dwelling

Wow, U really act fast !

I also got my 4rm FR during the Balance Flat Selection at 435A last year. But I have yet to sell my house. Looking for an ID & stuffs are too far ahead of me at this moment.

Called up HDB yesterday and they said earliest for key collection is NOV 2011 and latest 31 MAY 2012

Better hurry..... arggg.....

Btw, which block are you in?

Hi Zaiyo, 435A is one of the first block to get keys right (End Nov)?

I'm at 435B. My first home, so more "gan jeong" about it lor... how i wish keys can be collected earlier..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Zaiyo, 435A is one of the first block to get keys right (End Nov)?

I'm at 435B. My first home, so more "gan jeong" about it lor... how i wish keys can be collected earlier..

Hi d2wntan,

I am also not sure which block will collect first. To me i am fine with any date as long as my resale transaction go thru smoothly.

So u ballot yours in 2008?

Hi d2wntan,

I am also not sure which block will collect first. To me i am fine with any date as long as my resale transaction go thru smoothly.

Just saw your earlier posts. So u r like me, the "boh pian ones" who go thru short cut by balance flat.

So are u holding any flat now? If not why the rush as i think price will start to drop in 2013 onwards or earlier?

You can get a better location with a little more premium by buying resale flat?

the ID immediately responded & assured us that he will look into it and get back to us soon...

So, did the ID get back to you or are you still waiting to hear from him? ;)

I had the same problem with several IDs who I contacted. They either didn't appear to be paying attention (they forgot very basic things that we asked them to include) or they made too many assumptions / tried to force their opinions on us (they had strange visions of what our home should look like that we completely disagreed with and were unwilling to change it to suit us... very odd!). Many also took forever to reply (or simply never replied!). Sigh...

Hi d2wntan, LOVE your 3Ds. Absolutely love love love love the dining area. Also love the wall paper idea in the bedroom, and the sliding wardrobe doors. Are you using pole system for your wardrobe. Depending on the brand, they might not always have the colours the ID wants. In my case, I used Alumix. The initial 3D my ID did was quite nice, but end up Alumix didn't have the laminates we wanted, and had to settle for something else. I think your plain white shoe cabinet looks great as it. Don't want it to be vying for attention with your lamps, dining chairs and feature wall. (hehe.. poease don't mind me, if I'm being too kaypoh). ;)

Hi d2wntan,

i got mine via Sales of Balance Flats in Aug 2010... =)

So, did the ID get back to you or are you still waiting to hear from him? ;)

I had the same problem with several IDs who I contacted. They either didn't appear to be paying attention (they forgot very basic things that we asked them to include) or they made too many assumptions / tried to force their opinions on us (they had strange visions of what our home should look like that we completely disagreed with and were unwilling to change it to suit us... very odd!). Many also took forever to reply (or simply never replied!). Sigh...

Hi Mummymantras, ID have gotten back to us already.. and amend those items that we commented. since its more or less the same pics with minor amendments, I didn't post the pics up yet.

For my ID, he seems really busy. But since for now i've not gotten my keys, so am in no hurry too. Just hope he will be more responsive when actual renovation starts...

good luck to your home reno too!

Just saw your earlier posts. So u r like me, the "boh pian ones" who go thru short cut by balance flat.

So are u holding any flat now? If not why the rush as i think price will start to drop in 2013 onwards or earlier?

You can get a better location with a little more premium by buying resale flat?

Hi Zaiyo, I'm staying with my parents for now. Will be getting married beginning 2012 so was thinking to have the house ready so that we can move in right after we get married... SK location is fine for me

Hi Zaiyo, I'm staying with my parents for now. Will be getting married beginning 2012 so was thinking to have the house ready so that we can move in right after we get married... SK location is fine for me

Congrats :)))))

wish you a blessed & loving marriage

Its been a while since i last login.

At this moment, everything is just pretty much the same.

1. No more updates from ID (waiting for the keys before he can do measurements)

2. Waiting for HDB to release the keys to us so that we can literally kick start everything

However, as the date draws nearer to our key collection, the HTB & I have actually confirmed the following:-

1. Mitsubishi Electric Inverter - System 4 (From Gain City, AMK)
  2. WMF - Palmer Series Utensils (From: Robinsons Closed Door Sale)
  3. WMF 7 pc Cookware @ $169 (From: Isetan Atrium Sales]
  4. Additional WMF Non-Stick Pan (From: Isetan Atrium Sales)

Really hope the keys can come sooner. So tempted to start buying my refrigerator, TV, Sound Bar, Study Table, Sofa Bed for Study Room, etc

hi d2wntan, how much did you pay for the Mitsubishi Electric Inverter - System 4 (From Gain City, AMK)? I'm also looking to get this set :)

if i remember correctly, it was S$3719 (free 5 years warranty of S$439). Can't remember details though...

Despite not knowing when the keys will actually be released to us, we actually went ahead to purchase these items for the home last Sunday:-

Living Room

Samsung 46" LED TV (UA-46D5000PM FHD) @ S$1,469; Harvey Norman

l1.jpgl2.jpg

Philips Soundbar (HTS-9150) @ S$990; Sitex@Expo

PhilipsSoundBarHTS9140.jpg

continue from previous post...

Kitchen/Service Yard

Electrolux Hob (EGT-9435) @ S$430; Harvey Norman

Hob-EGT9435K-1.jpg

Electrolux Hood (EFP-9520X) @ S$293; Harvey Norman

Image-1.jpg

Samsung Refrigerator (RT-72KASE) @ S$1,049; Harvey Norman