Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d2wntan

The Unassuming Dwelling

d2wntan, wah the fridge you shortlisted all v big leh...

Personally I am a fan of bottom freezers, but you might want to check reviews for the Panasonic. I shortlisted 1 too, but found out that reviews isn't v good.

haha, both me & HTB love big refrigerators! anything smaller, we really won't be considering. yah, will surely check our the reviews before swiping that credit card.

(have actually saw both models (maybe not that big in size) being used by some of the owners in t-Blog)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Having spent so much time reading the t-Blog of so many home owners & gaining the precious pointers with regards to the renovations, its time for us to pay it forward. ;)

the HTB (Hubby-to-Be) was actually the one who wanted me to start this blog to records the "footprints" of our home renovations, so here are some background information:-

Got our very own flat @ Fernvale Residences via August 2010's Sales of Balance Flats. Ever since we gotten our floor plan from HDB, the HTB has been scouring the internet for renovation ideas and renovation ID/Contractors.

After looking at so many of the blogs here and gotten a few contacts, we zoomed down to the shortlisted one & arrange for the 1st meet up on 20 June 2011. We have just confirmed the ID on 22 July 2011 (4th meet up)

As the ID will not be in town next week, he would only be able to show us his 3D designs in 2 weeks time.

Here's my floor plan:

img059.jpg

Hi d2wtan...

I am Ur neighbor , owner of residences too. You're really fast get yr id to Reno yr hse. I havent find any ID yet..May i know which Id firms you use for reno ur hse?

Hi d2wtan...

I am Ur neighbor , owner of residences too. You're really fast get yr id to Reno yr hse. I havent find any ID yet..May i know which Id firms you use for reno ur hse?

Hi MeiLinChCh, as we have only just signed up with the ID with nothing done yet (as he is currently out of town), I'd prefer to not disclose who he is first. Once I'm satisfied with his service/work done for us, I'll disclose the name of the firm.

By the way, i already know who u r as I'm also in FR's FB page!

just realised that i forgot to mentioned that i have also placed order for the Master Bedroom's Bed.

Serta's Diamond Suite (From IMM's Serta's Outlet) - but not using the bedframe + bedhead shown in the picture:-

diamond-suite.jpg

Being very worried about the size of my MBR, we can’t decide if a Queen Size bed or a King Size bed is gonna fit in However, the sales person was quick to provide us the following assurance:-

• We can place a confirmed deposit for a Queen Size bed now so as to lock in the price in case of future cost increase for a Queen Size
  • Upon getting our flat and ID designs, we can then upgrade to a King Size bed and top up the balance to the current promotion price tag for a King Size
  • If the prices of our selected bed (Queen or King) drops, our final price shall be based on the lower price for the respective bed size
  • All promotion freebies we are entitled now, will still be ours to keep even though the delivery of the bed is only taking place this year end or beginning of next year

In addition to the bed, we have also went back to the same outlet to purchase the Bedhead + Bedframe (forgot to take a pic of it at the shop). The same arrangement (place order for Queen, but possible top up to a King when we get our flat) was made.

happy! the most important furniture in the HOME has been settled! :drunk:

Hi MeiLinChCh, as we have only just signed up with the ID with nothing done yet (as he is currently out of town), I'd prefer to not disclose who he is first. Once I'm satisfied with his service/work done for us, I'll disclose the name of the firm.

By the way, i already know who u r as I'm also in FR's FB page!

haha i know who u r tooo.. :notti:

went over to IMM today and were looking at refrigerators. the HTB has shortlisted these 2 models but we couldn't decide (at this moment) which model we should buy since both are of the same cost from Best Denki...

Samsung (Top Freezer); RT72KASE

fridge-samsung-rt72kase-top-freezer-650-litres.jpg?w=604

Total Capacity (Gross,ℓ): 650ℓ

Net Weight (kg): 95kg

Dimensions: 840mm(W) x 1788mm(H) x 726mm(D)

Panasonic (Two Door); NR-BY601XS

fridge-panosonic-nr-by601xs-602-litres.jpg

Total Capacity (Gross,ℓ): 602ℓ

Net Weight (kg): 86kg

Dimensions: 775mm(W) x 1846mm(H) x 745mm(D)

i like Panasonic fridge too :good:

i like Panasonic fridge too :good:

Hi Meilin, if you frequently need ice cubes to go with ur drinks, I would think a top freezer is more appropriate...one drawback of having a bottom freezer is the need to squat or bend each time u fill up the ice trays with water or take the ice cubes fr freezer. :)

We finally received the ID's sms that he is back in town! Have arranged to meeting him in Mid Aug to see some 3D designs that he has done up!

Excited!~

We finally received the ID's sms that he is back in town! Have arranged to meeting him in Mid Aug to see some 3D designs that he has done up!

Excited!~

After a disappointment for cancelling the meet up last thursday, we finally got to meet up with our ID this evening. Prior to the meet up, he has sent us via email his 1st draft of his proposed 3D designs:-

(a) The Living Room

photo2.jpg

(b) The Dining Area

photo4.jpg

© The Kitchen

photo.jpg

(d) The Master Bedroom

photo3.jpg

will update our comments to the 1st draft of the 3D drawings in the next entry

Edited by d2wntan

Just a thought on the living room TV console... where are you gonna put your DVD player, PS3, Wii etc etc. It seems like the ID has not allocated any storage space (at least not visible lah).

Just a thought on the living room TV console... where are you gonna put your DVD player, PS3, Wii etc etc. It seems like the ID has not allocated any storage space (at least not visible lah).

I think the space below the feature wall is reserved for owner to buy their own Tv console, where the equipments will be stored

The 3D drawings look gd. love the purple kitchen. tot of it b4 but decided not to.

Bro, mine not purple kitchen actually (not a "purple" person)

Told my ID that I am thinking of having RED, BLACK & WHITE for the Kitchen. based on the discussion with ID yesterday, the colour is actually a nice dark red. Just that after he scanned the sample, the computer's rendering can't actually show the actual colour.

I think the space below the feature wall is reserved for owner to buy their own Tv console, where the equipments will be stored

we are not installing any console below the TV. rather, we are erecting a cupboard on the right (nearer to window) to house all the equipment.

Idea was proposed by the ID and both HTB & I love this idea.

Personally, the wall to wall distance between the TV & the Sofa not very big. with a console & sofa in between, the space for walking may be greatly reduced. Which is why when our ID propose this, i immediately told HTB that I love this design. =P