d2wntan

The Unassuming Dwelling

continue from previous post...

Samsung 7kg Washing Machine (WF-8692) @ S$449; Harvey Norman

WF8692NEC_SG_medium-1.jpg

Electrolux Dryer (EDE-77550W) @ S$649; Harvey Norman

EDE77550W-1.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our ID has actually been sms-ing us every now & then on when we will get to collect our keys..

Looks like its not only us who are getting excited & impatient!

Looking forward to key collection on the morning of 9 Dec 2011! :yamseng:

Our ID has actually been sms-ing us every now & then on when we will get to collect our keys..

Looks like its not only us who are getting excited & impatient!

Looking forward to key collection on the morning of 9 Dec 2011! :yamseng:

Congrats to your key collection! :sport-smiley-004: Haha you can go shop for more items for your rooms.

I like your BTO layout more than my one.

Congrats to your key collection! :sport-smiley-004: Haha you can go shop for more items for your rooms.

I like your BTO layout more than my one.

I have already bought most of the stuff for the rooms....

1. Serta Diamond Suite King size bed for MBR,
  2. Sealy Queen size bed for Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2 will be our study which our ID suggests that it's cheaper to get off-the-shelves book shelves, study table,etc. so we heeded his advice.

Now what's lacking for the home will be

• Kitchen Sink
  • Kitchen Mixer Tap
  • Storage Heater
  • & Water ionizer System to be installed at the Kitchen sink area

By the way, where's your BTO?

After waiting for 2 long weeks for HDB to rectify the defects that we found in the flat, we finally got "clearance" to began our renovations on 22 Dec 11!

22 December 2011

The HTB contacted our ID to inform him that he can begin working his magic at our place the next day. I had very much wanted to be around when our ID begin his cardboard laying on 23 Dec 2011, but the HTB and I got to be travelljng back to his hometown in Msia to prepare for our wedding and so had no choice but to tell my ID to take lots of pics for us and whatsapp us the progress from time to time.

23 December 2011

Our ID was quite fast in his prepatory work! We were still on the Msia highway when we began receiving his whatsapp messages filled with some photos of the nicely laid cardboard!

25 December 2011

Thanks to the technology, we were kept in the know of the progress of our renovations via whatsapp by our ID. We received photos of our electrical works all done up within a day!

I must say, I'm impressed by my ID's "performance" so far! Can't wait for more pics from our ID!

(p.s. having problems uploading the pics to photobucket... Will post the pics here soon!)

25 December 2011 - Cabling Works

As mentioned earlier, cabling works was being carried out while the HTB & I were overseas... Here are the pics taken by our ID :

6004fe8c.jpg

22e0c771.jpg

7f7bf3d9.jpg

8398fc09.jpg

f1f70db9.jpg

Personally I'm still pleased with the works so far...

Air-Con installation was scheduled on 3 Jan 2012... Check out the next post!

3 January 2012 - Aircon Installation Works

After reading so much bad reviews of the Aircon installation by Gain City, I was pretty much keeping my fingers crossed on this day. Although the guys from gain city was late for half an hour's time, they were polite enough to actually call us to inform. When they arrived, the "in charge" and our ID (who turned up at 9am with us) ran through how they each wanted to run the trunkings. Some proposals by our ID were not advisable by the GC guys but reasons were clearly explained (i.e. water can't flow properly, there's a wall hindering etc) which was reasonable enough for us and our ID to compromise some aesthetics of the home to accommodate.

b16eb257.jpg

Mitsubishi Invertor System 4

Seriously the way the GC guy explained, made me feel at ease in leaving the home entirely to them to commence installation. All of us (HTB, Me & our ID) left the premises and left the expert to do their magic.

Returning with their lunch (we decide to treat them lunch), we were surprised to find that most of the penetrations required has all been drilled/punctured, trunking laid and the Aircon unit to our study has already been mounted in position! Fast working!

37e58277.jpg

Work done by lunch time

After passing them the lunch, we left the home & got ur ID to check on them near evening & sign off the installation after testing..

We didn't check on the house till 2 days later and although the trunkings were really an eye sore, they are still pretty much well done in terms of the penetration didn't damage ur wall, protection properly done, joints well patched etc.. Infact, our ID had even started doing u the false ceiling to conceal the trunkings!

16700fdc.jpg

Site condition 2 days later (5 Jan 2012) - Box up done at Service Yard to hide trunking too!

Overall am still please with the work by GC! (the sales person even call up after the day of installation to follow up with us to see if we have any comments to the work! Great after sales too)

6 January 2012 - False Ceiling Works + TV Feature Wall

Made our way to the home to check on the progress. Pretty please with the ID's speed.

739f8e96.jpg

Progress as at 6 Jan 12

False ceiling were most done up with most of the ugly trunking well hidden from view. Electrician have also started working on installing the T5 for our cove lights... Looks like pretty soon we will be able to have lights in the home (no more rushing down before night fall to check out!

TV FEATURE WALL

f02cf089.jpg

A little caught off guard with the shear size of the feature wall... Find it a little too long (compared to the 3D). Made a call to our ID whom assured us it's going to look better with a longer length & would make the view from our MBR to the living less plain... Okies, shall take his word for it.

Next week's programme:

1. Downlights installation

2. Dining's pendant light installation

3. Painting selection

4. Carpentry discussion

Looking forward!

your reno progress is looking gd la , my sec sch fren!! i think soon we will have a house warming soon right =)

Veri nice of your ID to send you pics though.

your reno progress is looking gd la , my sec sch fren!! i think soon we will have a house warming soon right =)

Veri nice of your ID to send you pics though.

I like ur Reno more leh! U muz also invite me to ur home k?

7 January 2012

TV Feature Wall Done! Left the wallpaper & shelving!

3d9242e8.jpg

Went down to the home to wait for HDB contractors to rectify some reported defects... Was reall surprise to see that our feature wall is done.

It's amazing to see how fast the reno is moving on. Just one evening & we see progress!

Kitchen Sink - Blancometra 9 (antharcite)@$399

Headed down to Hoe Kee (Jalan Besar) to search for my kitchen sink. Even before I got the keys, am already convinced to buy a Blanco sink. As I don't like stainless steel sink, Blanco provides me the best solution. =)

5b87ca7b.jpg

8 January 2012 - Water Filter

The HTB only drinks filtered water. (boiled water, tap water will be rejected by him) and so it's always been on our shopping list to buy a water filtration system for the home. After comparing Hyflux, Diamond Energy Water & Novita, we finally settled for Novita ($2,300 from Harvey Norman). It's an expensive buy. The most expensive kitchen equipment that we bought but at least the HTB is pleased.

8e2703e7.jpg

(price before bargaining was $2,699)