Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d2wntan

The Unassuming Dwelling

Having spent so much time reading the t-Blog of so many home owners & gaining the precious pointers with regards to the renovations, its time for us to pay it forward. ;)

the HTB (Hubby-to-Be) was actually the one who wanted me to start this blog to records the "footprints" of our home renovations, so here are some background information:-

Got our very own flat @ Fernvale Residences via August 2010's Sales of Balance Flats. Ever since we gotten our floor plan from HDB, the HTB has been scouring the internet for renovation ideas and renovation ID/Contractors.

After looking at so many of the blogs here and gotten a few contacts, we zoomed down to the shortlisted one & arrange for the 1st meet up on 20 June 2011. We have just confirmed the ID on 22 July 2011 (4th meet up)

As the ID will not be in town next week, he would only be able to show us his 3D designs in 2 weeks time.

Here's my floor plan:

img059.jpg

Edited by d2wntan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have actually bought 2 pieces of furniture for our dwelling

(a) Our Living Room Sofa (from Lorenzo)

photo2.jpg

(b) Our Dining Set (also from Lorenzo)

photo3.jpg

Edited by d2wntan

So will u be doing anything major like hacking away the walls?

No hacking will be done (minimise the spending on renovations). Only planned to do these:-

1. False Ceiling to the entire house (except Kitchen, Toilets, Service Yard & Household Shelter)
  2. Ceiling Fans to all three Bedrooms + Living Area
  3. Wardrobe to Master Bedroom and 1 Common Bedroom
  4. Kitchen Cabinets
  5. Glass Door to Kitchen
  6. Feature Wall @ Dining Area (to hide the Household Shelter)
  7. Windows @ Service Yard

Basically we are just putting more empahsis in the Master Bedroom & Kitchen..

went over to IMM today and were looking at refrigerators. the HTB has shortlisted these 2 models but we couldn't decide (at this moment) which model we should buy since both are of the same cost from Best Denki...

Samsung (Top Freezer); RT72KASE

fridge-samsung-rt72kase-top-freezer-650-litres.jpg?w=604

Total Capacity (Gross,ℓ): 650ℓ

Net Weight (kg): 95kg

Dimensions: 840mm(W) x 1788mm(H) x 726mm(D)

Panasonic (Two Door); NR-BY601XS

fridge-panosonic-nr-by601xs-602-litres.jpg

Total Capacity (Gross,ℓ): 602ℓ

Net Weight (kg): 86kg

Dimensions: 775mm(W) x 1846mm(H) x 745mm(D)

hi dawn, welcome to renotalk!

regarding the selection of fridge, you might want to consider your kitchen theme. I've seem some kitchens that look great...until they add the fridge. your kitchen doesn't have to be white or stainless steel (or both) but you can always keep in mind how much you want the fridge to pop or fade into the background depending on your preferences.

secondly with our tiny kitchens (fellow BTO sufferer here) small is beautiful. hope that helps :)

d2wntan, wah the fridge you shortlisted all v big leh...

Personally I am a fan of bottom freezers, but you might want to check reviews for the Panasonic. I shortlisted 1 too, but found out that reviews isn't v good.

hi dawn, welcome to renotalk!

regarding the selection of fridge, you might want to consider your kitchen theme. I've seem some kitchens that look great...until they add the fridge. your kitchen doesn't have to be white or stainless steel (or both) but you can always keep in mind how much you want the fridge to pop or fade into the background depending on your preferences.

secondly with our tiny kitchens (fellow BTO sufferer here) small is beautiful. hope that helps :)

Hi Hafiizah, thanks for the welcome!

Need to check with the ID on the size & colour of the refrigerator that can be bought for the Home. actually for the samsung fridge i've posted, i am actually considering the stainless steel version instead of the snow white version. prefer appliances to be in 'greyish'.

however, thanks for your advise. will definitely check with our ID on this.

Hi Hafiizah, thanks for the welcome!

Need to check with the ID on the size & colour of the refrigerator that can be bought for the Home. actually for the samsung fridge i've posted, i am actually considering the stainless steel version instead of the snow white version. prefer appliances to be in 'greyish'.

however, thanks for your advise. will definitely check with our ID on this.

by the way Hafizzah, i love reading your blog with all those hand written notes!