Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d2wntan

The Unassuming Dwelling

9 January 2012 -Wallpaper & Paint Selection

Met our ID after work and headed to Ubi to meet his supplier for wallpaper selection. The whole process was actually very smooth. All settled in an hour with us selecting these:

TV Feature Wallpaper

e343984e.jpg

A rustic design which our ID assures us it will be a "WOW" effect after everything is completed. We shall see... (fingers crossed)

MBR Feature Wallpaper

Our only requirement was to create a "hotel feel" MBR. ID was searching for a suitable wallpaper when he found this:

d1dd4163.jpg

Feathery looking (got a 3D effect) wallpaper to add a dreamy look to the cosy (read as small) bedroom!

We agree to it without 2nd thoughts.

Also selected our paint color (one unique color to each space) but can't share it here cos I forgot to take pic! Willost the pics of the wall after painting is done.

As its the CNY period, reno is currently halted... Looking forward to after CNY for more intense reno progress & also moving in when completed in end Feb!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

9 January 2012 -Wallpaper & Paint Selection

Met our ID after work and headed to Ubi to meet his supplier for wallpaper selection. The whole process was actually very smooth. All settled in an hour with us selecting these:

TV Feature Wallpaper

e343984e.jpg

A rustic design which our ID assures us it will be a "WOW" effect after everything is completed. We shall see... (fingers crossed)

MBR Feature Wallpaper

Our only requirement was to create a "hotel feel" MBR. ID was searching for a suitable wallpaper when he found this:

d1dd4163.jpg

Feathery looking (got a 3D effect) wallpaper to add a dreamy look to the cosy (read as small) bedroom!

We agree to it without 2nd thoughts.

Also selected our paint color (one unique color to each space) but can't share it here cos I forgot to take pic! Willost the pics of the wall after painting is done.

As its the CNY period, reno is currently halted... Looking forward to after CNY for more intense reno progress & also moving in when completed in end Feb!

Hi there,

Care to share where you got your pendant lights?

Is it blown glass?

Hi there,

Care to share where you got your pendant lights?

Is it blown glass?

Not sure if it is blown glass.. but we got it in Msia (Perak) when we were there at my MIL's place. new-image.jpg Pic above shows the ideal of it. just that the one we bought as an additional glass enclosure surrounding each of the pendant... (Will post it once installed)

I think lighting.com.sg (Balestier Outlet) has some of the identical range on their 2nd Sty showroom

Hi d2wntan,

I like ur tv feature wallpaper !! Super like rustic designs.. Cool ~

Thanks, Pinkwhale! I love it too.. ID was the one who saw it and recommend us to use it..

It's been a while since my last update... Been busy with the wedding affairs and of course work & the renovations thus didn't have much time and energy left to update the blog..

Nonetheless, will take off from the time I last blogged.

Box up of ugly air con trunking

I personally hated seeing ugly air on trunking all over my walls, etc. After the air con installation, it's inevitable that i am all uncomfortable seeing those fat fat trunkings... So I pestered my ID to add on box up to wherever possible so as to conceal whatever he can....

Example of the box up he did at the service yard

78cf597d.jpg

624a3fa3.jpg

Just need a little more touching up with the plastering and painting...

After much consideration, we decide to install windows to our service yard.

14 January 2012 - Window Frame Completed

We made an adhoc visit to the flat and was greeted with this sight after stepping out of the lift... :good:

67b81472.jpg

View from Servie Yard

6107855f.jpg

86880927.jpg

next up, painting works! (1st coat)

19 January 2012 - Painting Works

Painting to TV Feature Wall Area

11e329e4.jpg

Painting to Common & Study Room

f1bc3178.jpg

19 January 2012 - Service Yard Windows Installed

088bc7d5.jpg

Inching closer to completion.... :drunk:

Edited by d2wntan

04 February 2012 - Collection of our Ceiling Fans, Grohe Rain Shower & Shampoo Rack

3a1d25d9.jpg

Collected our rainshower from IMM's Grohe and pop by Sim Siang Choon next door to buy our shampoo rack for the toilets (Had a little scare in the later part of the renovations.. elaborate in the later posts)

After which, we drove to Choong Ying (where we bought all our ceiling fans from) to also collect the fans...

NOTE: NEVER BUY FROM CHOONG YING. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS AND IRRESPONSIBLE MERCHANTS. OUR NEIGHBOURS AND OURSELVES HAVE A TASTE OF THEIR POOR SERVICE (DELIVERING DISPLAY SETS AS NEW ONES, PRODUCTS ARE DEFECTIVE YET THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO EXCHANGE). FOR US, WHEN WE FIRST BOUGHT FROM THEM, THEY SAID IF THERE'S ANY PROB WE CAN GO BACK TO THEM. BUT WHEN WE WERE COLLECTING, THE HUB RE-CONFIRM THIS WITH THE SALES PERSON BUT WE WERE SHOCKED THAT THEY SAY "THIS IS DIRECT FROM AGENT. ANY PROBLEM, GO TO AGENT"

07 February 2012 - Hole cutting in the false ceiling for downlights installation

2b28d4a6.jpg

37417d31.jpg

Actually we were informed by the electrican that the lights will be installed. So after work, the Hub & I went straight down only to see that only the holes were cut.. no lights installed.. sianz lor zz

Edited by d2wntan

08 FEBRUARY 2012 - DOWNLIGHTS INSTALLATION

Our ID whatsapp us the photos he took of the lighting installation process

93bca027.jpg

7b6e6e56.jpg

Kitchen Light (Philips)

ef4dea9d.jpg

In addition, after talking to the Hub's Uncle, he suggested that we asked our ID to do a mini box up to flush the walls behind our proposed position for the bedheads so that we can achieve a smoother and nicer surface. (HDB's design came with a small (12mm) niche on their walls due to the different thickness of columns and walls). ID got it done pretty quickly (a few days after we informed him of our intention)

83d80835.jpg

5b1d26d5.jpg

15 February 2012 - Gas Pipe (By City Gas)

We wanted to minimize the visibility of the gas pipe.. The only solution will be to run above then huge beam that hangs over our kitchen entrance

ea96c20a.jpg

And then down to where our appliances will be

ccac16e0.jpg

15 February 2012 - Kitchen Door, Shower Screens

Also installed today are the Kitchen swing door as well as the two toilet's shower screen

ff6fe1a7.jpg

0089335a.jpg

6fec4839.jpg

21 February 2012 - Carpentry Works commences

Somehow, I was really waiting for the carpentry works to start.. Cos once this is completed, it would mean that the majority of my renovation is also completed, which in turn means that the house is really nearing completion!

After discussing with our ID and carpenter on the configuration of the shelving and finalizing the materials / laminates for the cabinet and wardrobes barely a week ago, am surprised to received pictorial updates by our ID showing the commencement of the carpentry works..

debaf5e0.jpg

376c1c3c.jpg

12acea26.jpg

b44f7d3a.jpg

ca9374c6.jpg

Am so excited that I headed down after work to see how things are!

[Cont'd]

Most of the carpentry carcass are completed.. As the carpenters are still around, I didn't take any pics.. but we did note down some amendments that we wanted the ID to do... E.g. The MBR's vanity was in our opinion, too low.. As the Hub & I are quite tall, we requested to have the vanity raised by another 100mm...

22 February 2012 - Completed Carpentry Works

TV Console (we did a cupboard instead of hanging it below the TV)

08ffee86.jpg

2aba2f07.jpg

Centre piece of the door is done differently as we need it to be able to receive the signals sent from the DVD/SCV/PS3 remote controls... Nicely done! I like~ :good:

Our Mini Shoe Cabinet

202e515e.jpg

9c1da3bf.jpg

We placed our shoe cabinet here for 2 main reasons:-

1. Hide the ugly distribution box & SCV box

2. That's the only location we find suitable

Noticed the longish "hole" on the bottom left? That's where we are going to hang our umbrellas!