Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

Sorry!!! Didn't realize was commenting using neo's account :( apologize for the confusion. The previous 2 comments are made by me instead.

can see.....there is no usual BY Zen-ness in the reply.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sigh kinda disappointing response I got frm the contractor.. Quoted from him when I ask how bout the crack tiles in the common toilet his reply " that one can't be help, the use of homogenous tiles may cause some crack lines during installation. The severe ones in the kitchen have already been replaced. This one is only a small hairline on the surface" :furious::jawdrop: I really speechless. I believe been professional we have paid extra dollars for this subconscious to install it & we expect good work, not this kind of ,pardon me ,EXCUSES!

Can anyone suggest or advise if it's thru? Hairline crack on the surface?! Got such thing not first... To me crack is crack... Sigh

Think it's getting uptight cox timeline is short and we didn't want anymore works to be done after handover :(

:help:

Try to "teah" your contractor into changing the crack tile. Or bribe him and his tiler over a dinner and 1, 2 crate of beers. Worst case scenario, try stomp your feet and cry in front of him.

Erm... albert... I can't visualise what you are saying about the "clean cut". NPNT :bleah:

Hidden cable management cum console

cablemanagementcumconso.jpg

Wall cut by machinery instead of hack by sledge hammer

cleancutwalledge.jpg

Nice! But not all contractors have these kind of tools, right?

Wall cut by machinery instead of hack by sledge hammer

cleancutwalledge.jpg

Edited by renotm

Is it ceramic tiles? There is bound to have cracks when drilling on tiles. The issue is whether the contractor is willing to rectify/replace the faults or not

homogenous tiles that are too hard

Hello NeoBY, painted your new place yet? The casement will be swee swee after painted over.

there will be another round of touch up this saturday on the paint. we complained that it wasnt done properly.

By right By left, the installer should be professional enough to know this trick on how to drill without cracking the tiles right? I know ceramic tiles are easily cracked. Old houses use white ceramic tiles for kitchen and toilets. I saw my father drilling bathroom accessories in toilet, when he realised the crack surfaced, he adjusted something on his drill, and start to drill again. Maybe that was what you referred to as switching to non-hammer drill to hammer drill. Sometimes installers forget about this trick, and when they realised, too late, the crack has surfaced.

I was told, for such tiles, you shouldnt bull doze your way in. there is a technique for drilling such tiles. I guess the skill of the plumber is not there yet.

I was told, for such tiles, you shouldnt bull doze your way in. there is a technique for drilling such tiles. I guess the skill of the plumber is not there yet.

you have a Mr. C-- like me....

Try to "teah" your contractor into changing the crack tile. Or bribe him and his tiler over a dinner and 1, 2 crate of beers. Worst case scenario, try stomp your feet and cry in front of him.

huh...... :jawdrop: erm... he is paid do what he is supposed to do. I believe if he is professional enough he should do what's right. No nd to bribe or teah lea..

huh...... :jawdrop: erm... he is paid do what he is supposed to do. I believe if he is professional enough he should do what's right. No nd to bribe or teah lea..

sad to say... alot of contractors (not all) in singapore see gains and profits nia.. unlike other countries where they take pride in their professionalism and are willing to go the extra mile just to make their customers satisfied.