Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

sad to say... alot of contractors (not all) in singapore see gains and profits nia.. unlike other countries where they take pride in their professionalism and are willing to go the extra mile just to make their customers satisfied.

ya lor... this type of contractors usually cannot do large scale project, especially tender type... sure pay penalty until bankrupt. Before confirming your job, everything also can do; after accepting your deposit, everything has to add money then can do. Sometimes even you pay them extra they also dont want to do.

I just got off the phone with my main con, i want to add hidden blum drawer with cutlery tray at both of the 450mm side of the 1800mm cooking counter.

hiddenblumdrawerwithcut.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ya lor... this type of contractors usually cannot do large scale project, especially tender type... sure pay penalty until bankrupt. Before confirming your job, everything also can do; after accepting your deposit, everything has to add money then can do. Sometimes even you pay them extra they also dont want to do.

I just got off the phone with my main con, i want to add hidden blum drawer with cutlery tray at both of the 450mm side of the 1800mm cooking counter.

hiddenblumdrawerwithcut.jpg

albert!! you posting lots of photos on my blog leh!! is this pic of your house reno?

sad to say... alot of contractors (not all) in singapore see gains and profits nia.. unlike other countries where they take pride in their professionalism and are willing to go the extra mile just to make their customers satisfied.

i wonder how the new SG LEMON LAW will affect these guys, since they are delivery a brand new custom made product to us. a lot of them will close shop every half year....tsk tsk tsk

i wonder how the new SG LEMON LAW will affect these guys, since they are delivery a brand new custom made product to us. a lot of them will close shop every half year....tsk tsk tsk

yes yes! the new lemon law came to my mind too! but need to wait till Sept to be effective and what the law really covers. It's gonna be very tricky to define things for both consumers and sellers.

Customer will be at the losing end eventually. Most pricing will increase after September as an insurance to buffer any claim from customer. Probably, in future they will think of NCD scheme.

Customer will be at the losing end eventually. Most pricing will increase after September as an insurance to buffer any claim from customer. Probably, in future they will think of NCD scheme.

if they are confident in their worksmanship, there shouldnt be a increase in price .. if they increase their prices.. aren't them telling us that they doubt their own skills? haha..

if they are confident in their worksmanship, there shouldnt be a increase in price .. if they increase their prices.. aren't them telling us that they doubt their own skills? haha..

If is not about confident or not.... Mistake is bound to happen here and there. All workers employed by IDs are not directly under their payroll as the level of subcontracting can go 3 or even 4 layers.

If is not about confident or not.... Mistake is bound to happen here and there. All workers employed by IDs are not directly under their payroll as the level of subcontracting can go 3 or even 4 layers.

ya.. that's why the cost for their mistakes should already be factored into the initial quotation liao mah.. that's why they give warranty for defective products within a period of time mah.. if they were to rise $$ again just bcoz gov come out with new rules.. than it only shows that they trying to suck more outta us only lor...

luckily for us.. we wont be affected by it for at least another 5 years.. haha coz most of us here already renovating, renovated or going to renovate soon liao.. for those that renovate after september if the price rise than bo bian for them.. suck thumb and blame gov liao

ya.. that's why the cost for their mistakes should already be factored into the initial quotation liao mah.. that's why they give warranty for defective products within a period of time mah.. if they were to rise $$ again just bcoz gov come out with new rules.. than it only shows that they trying to suck more outta us only lor...

luckily for us.. we wont be affected by it for at least another 5 years.. haha coz most of us here already renovating, renovated or going to renovate soon liao.. for those that renovate after september if the price rise than bo bian for them.. suck thumb and blame gov liao

there will be good and there will be bad customers mah.... just like there will be good and bad contractors/IDs. So, even pricing now factored in some mistakes to happen, but with the new law, there might be bad customers that ask for refund even though everything was done correctly.

there will be good and there will be bad customers mah.... just like there will be good and bad contractors/IDs. So, even pricing now factored in some mistakes to happen, but with the new law, there might be bad customers that ask for refund even though everything was done correctly.

I agree. There will always be one party abuse the benefits, and make all disadvantage later

hahaha yaya true.. i heard of customers that wants to get 110% of what they paid for .... than the contractor headache liao.. but since there are black and white agreement, as long as the contractor meet the condition they agree upon, i dont think those bad customer can do anything much.. cannot be so 蛮不讲理 1 right.. like for example we see the scratches on neoby's tile.. of coz anyone see also will know that is a defect which must be rectified.. but if really is like those super tiny hair line scratch.. you want people to replace or refund for u, a bit too much liao..i think those investigating officer also not so unreasonable de ba.. who knows mayb the consumer will kena warning for wasting government's resources to complain for something so minor... anyway.. let's wait and see what measurements the government will take to enforce the lemon law..

hahaha yaya true.. i heard of customers that wants to get 110% of what they paid for .... than the contractor headache liao.. but since there are black and white agreement, as long as the contractor meet the condition they agree upon, i dont think those bad customer can do anything much.. cannot be so 蛮不讲理 1 right.. like for example we see the scratches on neoby's tile.. of coz anyone see also will know that is a defect which must be rectified.. but if really is like those super tiny hair line scratch.. you want people to replace or refund for u, a bit too much liao..i think those investigating officer also not so unreasonable de ba.. who knows mayb the consumer will kena warning for wasting government's resources to complain for something so minor... anyway.. let's wait and see what measurements the government will take to enforce the lemon law..

i am not sure how govt going to enforce this law.... we just got to wait and see. :dunno: