Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

I spoke to him last week after seeing your cabinets. He assured me the workmanship I saw is not normal and not up to his standard. Let's hope things will be better when he is no longer on reservist. Seems like a tough road ahead of me...

contractor may have more than a team of carpentry sub=contractors. it seems like he is also not familiar with this new team, and hence his comments about the poor worksmanship. seriously, you can be frank with your contractor. you will hold 3rd payment until this is all fixed. if you agree previously that this rack will be in this shelf, they will have to make good. not tell you chin-chai la, under hob also can.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Trying to calm myself down. First home mah... really want it will turn out nice nice...

I know.... This is also my first home. Especially we buying alone, loan for flat also so much then on top of it, renovation too. Calm down, ok? U overseas, got to depends on grace and he don't even give her face. Talk to her so rudely?? Hmmmm.....

So what happens if the tile crack when my contractor help to install the toliet accessories? Mine is a premium flat.

Haha.... You better prepare some tiles of the same. Ask hdb where they got their tiles and whether there are extra.

contractor may have more than a team of carpentry sub=contractors. it seems like he is also not familiar with this new team, and hence his comments about the poor worksmanship. seriously, you can be frank with your contractor. you will hold 3rd payment until this is all fixed. if you agree previously that this rack will be in this shelf, they will have to make good. not tell you chin-chai la, under hob also can.

yah.. very true.. cannot chin-chai one.. if u say u buy wrong appliances or wat.. $50 still can chin chai.. now talking abt tens of thousand.. how to chin chai.. we are paying months or year of our pay to renovate the place we gonna live in for the next many years to come... how to live happily with things that we are not satified with in the first place. :furious:

So what happens if the tile crack when my contractor help to install the toliet accessories? Mine is a premium flat.

HDB got provide spare tiles so u can ask them to change it if possible... shld be in your bomb shelter

Neoby, i think you ask ur contractor to rectify till you are happy with it.... coz you pay for them to do a proper job. though profits might not be a lot but also cannot qincai ma...

I know.... This is also my first home. Especially we buying alone, loan for flat also so much then on top of it, renovation too. Calm down, ok? U overseas, got to depends on grace and he don't even give her face. Talk to her so rudely?? Hmmmm.....

not say rudely la. Probably sound more like not taken seriously. But maybe also can be he may not be good in communication... haha after discussion w Neo. I send whatsapp alrdy saw 2 ticks = he receive and read... but he just didnt reply... wahahahahahahahahahaha nothing to say hoepfully if his colleague see le will help to advice him to improve bah. i am trying to be reasonable, hopefully we will not be pushed too far. i very scared now cox now like that and Sat is hand over :unsure:

not say rudely la. Probably sound more like not taken seriously. But maybe also can be he may not be good in communication... haha after discussion w Neo. I send whatsapp alrdy saw 2 ticks = he receive and read... but he just didnt reply... wahahahahahahahahahaha nothing to say hoepfully if his colleague see le will help to advice him to improve bah. i am trying to be reasonable, hopefully we will not be pushed too far. i very scared now cox now like that and Sat is hand over :unsure:

Maybe you look too young that why he is not taking you seriously. If over by few days, as long as before move in then should be ok lah.

Maybe you look too young that why he is not taking you seriously. If over by few days, as long as before move in then should be ok lah.

we worry cox our furniture(S) and all the items ordered stuff will all come in on Monday le. Didnt want to spoil anything :(

keeping fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!! wish us luck man :thumbs up::sport-smiley-003:

Add - I just realise you say me look young!!!! thankiew~~~~ :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Edited by GraceLoi

we worry cox our furniture(S) and all the items ordered stuff will all come in on Monday le. Didnt want to spoil anything :(

keeping fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!! wish us luck man :thumbs up::sport-smiley-003:

you don't just tell your contractor to fix, and expect a miracle job. take time to discuss with him what are the options opened, and if you can accept them or not. if you want a good repair job that takes time, they may not be able to fix for you in the next few days, cos the carpenters may be booked for the next job.

Dont know worr...was told the tile is "hard". god knows what it means.

Maybe got hollow-ness in cement beneath the tile OR the tile is too hard, if forcefully hammered drill can cause it to crack.

Maybe got hollow-ness in cement beneath the tile OR the tile is too hard, if forcefully hammered drill can cause it to crack.

I wouldnt know which are the hard tiles right...anyway, i realized the problem tile is the white glossy tile cos i used the same wall tile for kitchen and common bathroom.

I wouldnt know which are the hard tiles right...anyway, i realized the problem tile is the white glossy tile cos i used the same wall tile for kitchen and common bathroom.

Is it ceramic tiles? There is bound to have cracks when drilling on tiles. The issue is whether the contractor is willing to rectify/replace the faults or not