Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

--- corner drawer ---

6913436178_ed94a59487_z_d.jpg

--- nyatoh bi-fold door for master bathroom ---

A local company sells it @ $250 per door, black color frame though

7059519257_8a21ac06fd_d.jpg

I like how the corner space of the kitchen cabinet is being utilised. Is that blum system?

Beware of wooden bi-fold. As toilet is wet, the wooden bi-fold may rotten as time goes by when contact with water. This bi-fold door design is nice, but not very practical.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

--- a porch-like living room ---

6917060520_3d82e35f86_d.jpg

7063141285_33442990dd_z_d.jpg

My hubsband probably was inspired by the pictures above.

He thought, if given more $$$ for reno budget, we could have this style for the living room.

Faux skylight for platform area, right next to full height windows

7060158377_11ce078b43_c_d.jpg

7059520277_225a6d273a_z_d.jpg

Faux beams with down lights

7063151917_b31f8cec7c_z_d.jpg

Nice idea?

Definitely nice. I like faux beams but I got no money to do. Can't wait to see yours if you are doing

Hix, but we have no money leh...

OMG this is a really bad packaging.

Actually you can consider getting the wall decal from Blik. They have many designer style wall decals which can't find locally, that is if you are into bold design concept like me....hehe

I just received my wall decals last week, in hard cardboard roll packaging so the decals are protected.

--- bought wallpaper online, received bad packaging that ruined the wallpaper ---

Received the package, fragile item handled without care!

6895152736_59ca447ca5_z_d.jpg

Result: crumbled wallpaper

7041251303_4791f12620_z_d.jpg

Another lesson: no online purchase.

As you can't be sure if you can contact the seller to get a refund or exchange.

Bought from popartuk.com

Sucked.

for the power plug if u need them to be inside a drop down box, consider making them mobile so u can at least tilt or move around inside instead of a fix area. like jaskel mention the plugs will be block. and your hands may not be so small to fit inside to put and remove the plugs.

OMG this is a really bad packaging.

Actually you can consider getting the wall decal from Blik. They have many designer style wall decals which can't find locally, that is if you are into bold design concept like me....hehe

I just received my wall decals last week, in hard cardboard roll packaging so the decals are protected.

We received a new package from popartuk.com for free. This time its good packaging, . :yamseng: .. So we are very happy.

I went to your link. Realized i have fancied though wall sticker design all along. Hahah...

But i thought, i can "copy" the illustration style, injecting my own story/ humour so no need to purchase those.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Great website.

--- i want white/ beige color for curtains, but hubby likes sunshine yellow better ---

6921617168_23fba86479_z_d.jpg

6921616948_36bd721140_z_d.jpg

7067696447_a13bf11f5b_d.jpg

--- a little bright yellow for a white kitchen ---

7067695709_ddfd0be925_d.jpg

--- love this wall clock ---

6921619090_ab207453f2_d.jpg

--- in his precious free time, hubby did these ---

With no ddesign:

7069677465_97de147698_c_d.jpg

With design at the window area:

6923597124_c08eefec84_c_d.jpg

And that is my daughter.. :yamseng:

piknik, so its confirm you going for the yellow colours? really not easy to pull this combi off esp if u get harsh sunlight because of our equitorial position. must not throw in too many other colours that will take the attention from the yellow.

i think that faux natural sunlight/ceiling window will make your place special.

that fan is a must =) !!

--- corner drawer ---

6913436178_ed94a59487_z_d.jpg

--- ceramic sink ---

7059519391_fa73dd2e9d_z_d.jpg

--- nyatoh bi-fold door for master bathroom ---

A local company sells it @ $250 per door, black color frame though

7059519257_8a21ac06fd_d.jpg

Hi, which is the company selling the door? No white one, how did u manage to get the pics then?

We have a quotation for the ceiling work. We feel it's expensive, and need your opinions. Please help.

Fasle Ceiling works: Living

7.1 Supply and install L4400mm x W1100mm slope false ceiling with 3 nos opening for built in lights box (sky light looks alike) $540

7.2 Supply and install L4400mm x W450mm box up for trilles termination. $280

Carpentry works: Living

9.18 Construct L600mm x W900mm x 50mm thick frame in selected laminate finish.(3nos) acrylic panel by others. $900

9.19 Construct and install L3300mm x W75mm x H75mm trilles in selected laminate finsh. (5nos) $1980

We will have the slightly slanted false ceiling @ our platform area, right next to our windows. The faux sky light will be on this false ceiling. There would be max. 5 faux beams running from the wall of the windows across this false ceiling, towards the other end of the ceiling, and at the other end, there is another small area of false ceiling with 3 downlights, for additional lighting source, as recommended by this contractor we are discussing with. All details of ceiling will be painted white..

Drawing:

7098892807_51baf8dba3_c_d.jpg

We forgot to draw the false ceiling with downlights where the beams end.

But hope this good enough for your imagination.

What do you guy think? Just 5 faux beam, 75mm thick, cost 2K. We feel expensive but contractor said its standard practice to charge by per foot run and also workmansh for celing is normally more expensive.. Then the "window" frame for the faux sky light costs $300 each, with same explanation that it's not easy to do... Somemore, we were thought to supply our own acrylic pieces.. When we said we would help to source for the film (to be pasted on the acrylic to disperse the light evenly) ONLY. Haiz...

My hubby thought we might be biased as we are now afraid every contractor just bull**** us n wanna get our money only. Hum...

Edited by piknik

piknik, so its confirm you going for the yellow colours? really not easy to pull this combi off esp if u get harsh sunlight because of our equitorial position. must not throw in too many other colours that will take the attention from the yellow.

i think that faux natural sunlight/ceiling window will make your place special.

that fan is a must =) !!

We think we will use yellow for small deco items around the house. Maybe paint the ceiling @ passage way yellow as well. So that it's not too yellow and hyper-happy mood in the house.

Hubby definitely loves to get the ceiling idea done. ;) Thanks for your comment.

Hi, which is the company selling the door? No white one, how did u manage to get the pics then?

Here is the company for the door: Website

I only googled ah.. Not yet given them a call or read more abt this company.

You can try first and let me know. Hahhaha...