Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Just to share...

I received a super lemon kraus ! Was disappointed to get the Kraus in such condition after " aiming " it for 1 year :~

Pic 1 : - Scratches on the inner sink until its no longer silver in color but black color

photo_1.jpg

Pic 2: Scratches on the rim

photo_2.jpg

Pic 3 : Base scratched till metal is exposed

photo_3.jpg

Pic 4: Base scratch till metal is exposed

photo_4.jpg

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Received my kraus.

Just wanna check for those who receive ya sink, do ya sink have like abit of peel off from the underneath of the sink?

Mine got a bit of peel off for the soundproofing stuff and the basin has abit of scratches.

Are all of ya sink in flawless condition ??

Hi Xiaohuiis,

I received mine and it isn't in a satisfactory condition. Refer to pictures.

First things first, the rounded corners don't look smooth and if you run your finger along them, they feel rough.

Second, one of the four rounded corners is rougher than the other three corners. (Picture 3)

But the rest of the surfaces are okay. What about you? Can you post some pictures? If yours are consistent with mine, I'll take it up with Amazon. But Im not sure what they can do though.

Mine is not in perfect condition when I received them.

There are some scratches and the corners are not too smooth, but I can live with that.

The scratches might be due to handling and the smoothness of corners might be due to machining of the sink. :dunno:

Once you start using, you wont care about those.

My priority is to get a good quality sink. Not a good looking sink. It must be able to withstand my silit pot throwing by my wife :sport-smiley-003::jawdrop::jawdrop: and weekly cleaning with boiling water :jammin: . Up till now, I can say it perform to my expectation. :good:

Important to check when u received is that the sink is not dented by shipping.

Just to share...

I received a super lemon kraus ! Was disappointed to get the Kraus in such condition after " aiming " it for 1 year :~

Pic 1 : - Scratches on the inner sink until its no longer silver in color but black color

photo_1.jpg

Pic 2: Scratches on the rim

Pic 3 : Base scratched till metal is exposed

Pic 4: Base scratch till metal is exposed

so Kim if you received the sink in my condition with very ugly scratches on the base and the inner of sink like my photo, u will accept it?

Hi xiaohui,

I fully understand you right now. I got a few lemons as well during my shopping. Either from Amazon or TB.

Come back to your sink, I'm only concern for the number 1 black spot . I believe I had seen someone posted earlier on some black spot on the sink. But he manage to get rid of them after he tried to scratch them off. Can you try to do that? They might be paint. If that is really a scratch that big, I will complain to Amazon.

The other 3 scratches is ok for me. Cos for no.3&4, U will not see it cos it is inside.

And believe me, when your contractor try to install, there will be more scratches on the underside.

3 & 4 will not result in the sink getting rusty or wad ? coz i think the bottom is the sound proofing or sth like that right?

No. 1 - never really tried to scratch it just ran my finger over it. It's too heavy for me to keep taking the sink out haha

Contacted Amazon, they ask me to ship the item back to them. But I have to pay for shipping myself first then they refund back to me. So the headache part now is the shipping fee estimated from UPS is $1400 !!

Can you believe it ?? I called 3 times to double confirm the shipping fee. Its $1200 ++ or $1400 ++ !

Now I am worried that if I really shipped it back, what if Amazon decided to play punk despite me checking with them are they ok with this shipping fee and will they really refund me?

If they play punk, I am dead meat man.. $1400++ shipping fee paid by me, no sink on my hands, + cost of sink.. it is easily a $1800-$2000 lost on my side .. u know what I mean?

Edited by xiaohuiis

3 & 4 will not result in the sink getting rusty or wad ? coz i think the bottom is the sound proofing or sth like that right?

No. 1 - never really tried to scratch it just ran my finger over it. It's too heavy for me to keep taking the sink out haha

Contacted Amazon, they ask me to ship the item back to them. But I have to pay for shipping myself first then they refund back to me. So the headache part now is the shipping fee estimated from UPS is $1400 !!

Can you believe it ?? I called 3 times to double confirm the shipping fee. Its $1200 ++ or $1400 ++ !

Now I am worried that if I really shipped it back, what if Amazon decided to play punk despite me checking with them are they ok with this shipping fee and will they really refund me?

If they play punk, I am dead meat man.. $1400++ shipping fee paid by me, no sink on my hands, + cost of sink.. it is easily a $1800-$2000 lost on my side .. u know what I mean?

Did u mention to Amazon CSO that you are in Singapore and shipping back will cost a bomb?

Btw, stainless steel will not rust so easily and the bottom coating is only for soundproof, not to prevent rust.

I still think the black spot is some residue and you can get rid of it. PM me if u need muscle to remove the black spot. :notti:

I got some chisels and hammer. :jammin:

yup mentioned to 2 CSO abt this shipping fee.. they still insist not giving me a prepaid label .. haiz..

so now i thinking should I just accept it.. rather then risk losing $2k hahaa

plus my parents kept nagging at me.. say its a ugly sink -.- say machiam like at factory and canteen those type :bangwall:

Edited by xiaohuiis

yup mentioned to 2 CSO abt this shipping fee.. they still insist not giving me a prepaid label .. haiz..

so now i thinking should I just accept it.. rather then risk losing $2k hahaa

plus my parents kept nagging at me.. say its a ugly sink -.- say machiam like at factory and canteen those type :bangwall:

I will accept it. Cos I believe Amazon will not pay the 2k for shipping back.

And it is not ugly la. I believe more than 50 of us had bought this Kaus from Amazon.

The older generation had always used round sinks and of course say square sink ugly. :sport-smiley-004:

Just like my mum say my sink so much deeper than hers.

Exactly !! my parents say stainless steel is not the trend now is last time when they poor buy their first house then buy stainless steel. and say why my sink is soooo deep so useless. And they add on with "Next time can go your factory house / canteen house and see how ugly it is " -.-

They say now trend is wad korean style lar whereby the sink n the kitchen carpentry is same same look de.. duno wad they mean any way haha

Exactly !! my parents say stainless steel is not the trend now is last time when they poor buy their first house then buy stainless steel. and say why my sink is soooo deep so useless. And they add on with "Next time can go your factory house / canteen house and see how ugly it is " -.-

They say now trend is wad korean style lar whereby the sink n the kitchen carpentry is same same look de.. duno wad they mean any way haha

That is the exact reason why I only let my parents see my flat before I reno, when I throw pineapple and then after reno. I never let them in during reno. They have so many comments..... :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Anyway, stainless steel sink is a classic look. Plus the deep and square shape will let us put more pots and bowls in. :notti: Dont have to wash everyday... Haa..

And getting a good quality SS sink will last probably longer than the kitchen carpentry! :good:

Btw, u got a blog somewhere? Showing your progress? :notti:

no blog yet coz I am a kiasu spider haha I haven even collected keys yet hahahaha

my BTO supposed to be ready by Dec 14. Keys collection should be Jan 15 LOL see how kiasu I am.. I just cant resist the good price for the Kraus haha :dribble:

no blog yet coz I am a kiasu spider haha I haven even collected keys yet hahahaha

my BTO supposed to be ready by Dec 14. Keys collection should be Jan 15 LOL see how kiasu I am.. I just cant resist the good price for the Kraus haha :dribble:

Wow..... Still half a year to go leh.... :good::good::good: no wonder parent make noise. U invade into their space.. haaaa.... 8|

So what else are you aiming to buy? Or already bought? Taps & shower system?

*ahem* yes the Kraus invaded into the living room space haha coz mine is old HDB no household shelter.

So far I have bought but they do not know abt it are.. A 24-piece WMF utensils, my Crosley pay phone, happy call pan. That's all lar not alot hahaha

But always at TB save a lot of stuff into favourites hahaha

*ahem* yes the Kraus invaded into the living room space haha coz mine is old HDB no household shelter.

So far I have bought but they do not know abt it are.. A 24-piece WMF utensils, my Crosley pay phone, happy call pan. That's all lar not alot hahaha

But always at TB save a lot of stuff into favourites hahaha

Oh.. U the one who buy the big big phone from Amazon?

TB can be addictive... Haaa...